Hot Toys Interchangeable Face

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydrobud

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hot Toys
Hot Toys has always focused on the diversity of the collectible figures, not only on the face sculpt, painting and accessories, but also on continuous development of new techniques.

Apart from our patent Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS), fans may know that we have incorporated our first-of-its-kind patent* interchangeable faces technique in our products, not only the Batman series, but we will also include it in many of our upcoming series such as the RoboCop one!

Please stay tuned with our update on this!

* The interchangeable faces technique is solely developed by Hot Toys Limited - patent pending.

this was done back in the 70's by Kenner

6072574539_f7e6a051fe_z.jpg

sure it is ... just better quality sculpts is all . they are patting themselves on the back as if they invented something new. the same with the rubber bodies. they also been around since the 70's , and better quality to boot way back then .

I agree swapping heads isn't a new idea, but being able to swap just a portion of the face in masked hero heads is new.
I grew up in the 70's and had the entire Six Million Dollar Man figure collection. I would not be saying it was better quality to boot back then. The sculpts were recasts of the other figures and a generic head sculpt, all made from hard plastic and none of which had the detail or realism of today's stuff, even from the weakest manufacturer out there today. I still have many of those old 70's and early 80's figures in my collection for nostalgia so I see them compaired to the new stuff everyday. They don't compair. Which brings up a good point, why is an updated Col. Steve Austin not being made?

Hot Toys has always focused on the diversity of collectible figures

:lol that's a lie to begin with

not only on the face sculpt, painting and accessories, but also on continuous development of new techniques.

They've been using this technique since DX02, therefore it's not new.

The technique for the Jack Sparrow DX with the hairless heads is more new and unique than the mouthplates. :lecture

This is basically just a wasted announcement to say "if you copy us we'll sue you"

I like the news. I hope they implement it more like Dx Sparrow giving us different face sculpts not just pieces and parts. HT could give us animated facial expressions (ie rage Wolverine, angry Thor and Hulk etc.) along with the neutral expressions.

I'm pretty sure this is just a cleaver way for them to announce publicly they're doing Robocop. All the face talk is just filler, cause lets face it, no one cares.

I don't see why. I'm sure they made bank on the T1 and T2 T800s. Whore them _____es out.

Arnold > Ledger

In pretty much EVERYTHING.

I don't see why. I'm sure they made bank on the T1 and T2 T800s. Whore them _____es out.

Arnold > Ledger

In pretty much EVERYTHING.
There must be some reason. It doesn't make sense to me, either. But I can only guess that despite the apparent success of the T-800 Arnold figures, they ain't no Iron Man or Joker in that department.

There must be some reason. It doesn't make sense to me, either. But I can only guess that despite the apparent success of the T-800 Arnold figures, they ain't no Iron Man or Joker in that department.

Then Favreau really pulled something off in 2008 considering how relatively obscure Iron Man was before then. Pisses me off I must admit that my beloved Terminator, despite its popularity since 1984, is usurped like that. :gah:

Back