1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I spoke to soon. I'll just have to wait to get him in hand to work it out.

It’s not a problem with the underlying body, the shoulder pads just need to be correctly shaped, scaled, and positioned. In this photo I’m holding the pads down to show the shoulders could actually look too narrow with really flat pads. So it’s possible to get it just right.

The DX12 in the photos above has custom pads too that I think are the more accurate option thats out there right now.

My offering is already designed in my head I just need to turn that into an STL, it should be easy to install too. I finally finished my The Batman hand set so this is next on my list to design in the space between time…

Just touching your figure bastardizes it. Oils and such.

What's wrong with making it looks better? What's worth more: an untouched figure that isn't accurate OR a customized figure that looks near perfect?
An untouched figure is worth more because some want it stock. But a great customized figure by someone with the skill to make it accurate can be worth even more. So they are both correct. Lol

An untouched figure is worth more because some want it stock. But a great customized figure by someone with the skill to make it accurate can be worth even more. So they are both correct. Lol

Yeah, probably no one will want a DX19 Bats with modified cape in 10 years because by then interest/nostalgia will be for the original piece.

It's like all the early Sideshow Star Wars figures that people tweaked and repainted -- improvements in its time -- but now even those "improvements" are dated and the only real value is in the actual genuine, untainted piece.

Probably the only custom pieces that hold value are true bashes -- combining many hard to get elements in one figure -- or a fully realized custom original.

Uh oh

Attachments

• EA2F9466-C02A-46E5-A3D8-B4A5C02F05CD.jpeg
    EA2F9466-C02A-46E5-A3D8-B4A5C02F05CD.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 66
Yeah, probably no one will want a DX19 Bats with modified cape in 10 years because by then interest/nostalgia will be for the original piece.

It's like all the early Sideshow Star Wars figures that people tweaked and repainted -- improvements in its time -- but now even those "improvements" are dated and the only real value is in the actual genuine, untainted piece.

Probably the only custom pieces that hold value are true bashes -- combining many hard to get elements in one figure -- or a fully realized custom original.
this is definitely true if selling on eBay or Mercari. Ppl on there don't give 2 craps about a HT figure that's been customized even if it's arguably better than what it originally was before. As you said, they want them in their untainted, original form from my experience. You'd have better luck selling a customized figure on one of the boards, Instagram or maybe one of the Facebook groups.

Last edited:

Yeah that's usually the times we are reaching nowadays. Full custom figure bashes are usually the most expensive because of limited runs, adding well known artist to that mix most will pay the premium for said customs.

Alright it’s dimensioned and ready to print! I want to see how a trimmed stock shoulder looks over this then I’ll design the top plate when I have more time.

It’s amazing what technology can do now. I can design a part on a tablet between meetings and have a physical copy in the same afternoon.

Edit: Adding photo to show I’ll be testing a few secondary plates with different top shapes to see what sits under the top plate best.

Attachments

• D06ECE7C-7018-4097-8266-A2C2A638CA64.jpeg
    D06ECE7C-7018-4097-8266-A2C2A638CA64.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 83ED525F-16D6-4CA3-BABF-5EBD22C8D73E.jpeg
    83ED525F-16D6-4CA3-BABF-5EBD22C8D73E.jpeg
    27.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I will do a tutorial but just for you non customizers out there I think trimming the secondary part off will be the easiest way to get a more accurate look. I’ve dealt with regluing the top plate and the collar and it can be tricky even if you’re somewhat experienced.

With a fresh hobby knife you should be able to trim the secondary plate off in less than 5 minutes then you’ll be ready for my replacement plate to fit under. I just cut this one off in maybe 2 minutes top with no heating or disassembly.

Attachments

• B93EA4EA-5FB8-41ED-AC93-841F452A3E38.jpeg
    B93EA4EA-5FB8-41ED-AC93-841F452A3E38.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 113
I will do a tutorial but just for you non customizers out there I think trimming the secondary part off will be the easiest way to get a more accurate look. I’ve dealt with regluing the top plate and the collar and it can be tricky even if you’re somewhat experienced.

With a fresh hobby knife you should be able to trim the secondary plate off in less than 5 minutes then you’ll be ready for my replacement plate to fit under. I just cut this one off in maybe 2 minutes top with no heating or disassembly.
Kinda tempted to do this. Probably after I get my replacement body from SS that way I'll do the shoulder mod. I like how he looks out of the box but for sure I can't keep myself from making corrections.

Longest 5 minutes of their lives... :lol
Right now I'm dealing with the longest 3 hours of my life waiting for these plates to print. I've been meaning to do this for so long but I just never quite felt like the DX12 had enough potential to inspire me to start the project.

I'm nervous I designed them too thin so I may have to wait another three hours. :cry:

Hey does anyone have an issue with the normal closed expression mouth piece for the cowl? The peg on it is a bit thinner then the others and it tends to fall out a lot I'm goanna be upset if it's another QC. Just want to be sure everyone has it and it's not just me.

Hey does anyone have an issue with the normal closed expression mouth piece for the cowl? The peg on it is a bit thinner then the others and it tends to fall out a lot I'm goanna be upset if it's another QC. Just want to be sure everyone has it and it's not just me.
Me too.
When I received mine it was under the body I was afraid Hot Toys forgot it HaHa.
I put an adhesive tape inside to maintain it correctly.
D05834BC-AF01-40E2-B291-E8C69F407572.jpeg

Someone in Facebook posted the dx19 with the dx02 backpack. Fits perfectly. Now if someone can see if the bale headsculpt can fit in the dx02.

Sometimes the Hot Toys isn’t good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.
These are your shoulder pads right? They look awesome! Definitely getting a pair to put on my Batman. And do they move? It looks like it does.

Back