1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m really loving this figure especially with the shorter cape. The only spare body I could find to replace the Bruce 🐈‍⬛ mauled one was going to be $230 so I just POed another one from sideshow. I’m planning to sell some of the sculpts and accessories so if you want to get early dibs on anything let me know.

I’d definitely be interested in the standard cowl, should you be parting any of those out. It would be cool to slap it onto my DX12 to use in an interrogation diorama with the second InArt Joker, then use the full DX19 standing with the purple coat InArt Joker and Two-Face 2.0.

Anyone here place an order within the past couple weeks and receive a ship notice? Sorry, maybe I’m just a bit antsy to have this in-hand. :lol

I’d definitely be interested in the standard cowl, should you be parting any of those out. It would be cool to slap it onto my DX12 to use in an interrogation diorama with the second InArt Joker, then use the full DX19 standing with the purple coat InArt Joker and Two-Face 2.0.

Anyone here place an order within the past couple weeks and receive a ship notice? Sorry, maybe I’m just a bit antsy to have this in-hand. :lol
As of right now I think I'm keeping the standard cowl and selling the other two. Since I have this damaged one I'll use it to pose on the Batpod or in the Tumbler since I wont need to worry about the suit as much. I thought I was going to be happy leaving a DX12 on the Batpod but the leg armor and boots just look so dated compared to the DX19.

So there’s one head on ebay for $165. Do we think it could go lower than that as more of these release?

As good as the modified DX19 looks in skyler's pics, which is the best I've seen this figure, shoulder pads look great, etc. It still can't be escaped that the body is just too bulky/wide/muscular. A modified DX12 is more in line with the correct proportions.
1650859253978.png

I think the biggest difference is the width of the shoulders. You can see the giant gap between his chest piece and the shoulder pauldrons in the dx19, even with these excellent custom pauldrons. I think it’s a problem on the body itself. I may look at shaving those shoulders joints down a tad to look more human. I did it on my JL Superman with a dremmel and sandpaper and it worked great. So I have high hopes.

As good as the modified DX19 looks in skyler's pics, which is the best I've seen this figure, shoulder pads look great, etc. It still can't be escaped that the body is just too bulky/wide/muscular. A modified DX12 is more in line with the correct proportions.
View attachment 573767

The overscaled size of the shoulder pads are also making him look a bit broad-shouldered.

Someone needs to put the DX12 shoulder pads on the DX19 figure and see what happens.

Is replacing those shoulder pads an easy thing to do? Or is bastardizing the figure required?

Just touching your figure bastardizes it. Oils and such.

What's wrong with making it looks better? What's worth more: an untouched figure that isn't accurate OR a customized figure that looks near perfect?

Just touching your figure bastardizes it. Oils and such.

What's wrong with making it looks better? What's worth more: an untouched figure that isn't accurate OR a customized figure that looks near perfect?

Not sure where I said there was anything wrong with customizing. I can't that's it. I can put a cape on, that's easy. Cutting/heating it/microwaving it that's beyond my capabilities.

I think the biggest difference is the width of the shoulders. You can see the giant gap between his chest piece and the shoulder pauldrons in the dx19, even with these excellent custom pauldrons. I think it’s a problem on the body itself. I may look at shaving those shoulders joints down a tad to look more human. I did it on my JL Superman with a dremmel and sandpaper and it worked great. So I have high hopes.
It’s not a problem with the underlying body, the shoulder pads just need to be correctly shaped, scaled, and positioned. In this photo I’m holding the pads down to show the shoulders could actually look too narrow with really flat pads. So it’s possible to get it just right.

The DX12 in the photos above has custom pads too that I think are the more accurate option thats out there right now.

My offering is already designed in my head I just need to turn that into an STL, it should be easy to install too. I finally finished my The Batman hand set so this is next on my list to design in the space between time…

Attachments

• 976E60E4-9E1B-4812-BECA-42DAB3353D72.jpeg
    976E60E4-9E1B-4812-BECA-42DAB3353D72.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 87
Back