1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of those photos are production photos. Look at actual received photos, for instance of the Joker busts hair and it's awful. The 1/3 Joker hair is awful, with an oversized head. Plus these are large scale at much higher pricing and therefore should be coming out great.

Fact of the matter is that they remain unproven in 1/6. I hope they come out great, because I've ordered one, and also 1/4 Joker seems to be a good turning point for what they'll be doing with leadership from Viper. But again, fact of the matter is they're charging a lot more for these and carving out their own path. This QS love is absurd in the sense that it's akin to comparing a custom head sculpt to a Hot Toys one.
You can look up a of their products from people who received them on youtube, and they are just as mindblowing in hand.

I remember when Hot toys was Kicking everyone's butt, Enterbay, Medicom, Sideshow, etc. Every time one of them post their upcoming figures, Hot Toys retaliate and post their figures, and back then, they were the king.
But I've stopped drinking the Hot toys cool aid long time ago.
They have gotten lazy cause they've been sitting on top for a long time.

Fact of the matter is, the bar has been raised.
And when their newest product is just slightly better than the figure they released a decade ago, sorry, not excited for this release.
Maybe if they would have shown some new innovative feature on this figure.
Or even for F$%# sake, put a nice velvet cape on it which we've done 10 years ago.

For those who never got this figure before, I'm happy that you guys are finally getting another chance.
But for me...another Meh.

Last edited:
Here’s my opinion...if anyone cares for it haha.

Why are there people that are still complaining about this figure?

Because this will be the FIFTH time HT have made this figure (strictly speaking about 1/6 scale). And it STILL ISN’T PERFECT. We have:

Original MMS
DX02
DX12
Armory (a retooling of the DX12)
DX19

Every version has multiple issues resulting in frustrated collectors doing light to heavy modifications all for the purpose of having the figure look closer to what we see in the movies.

FIFTH time...and the shoulder armor is still wrong. HT got it right in their QS ver...so why is this mistake repeated again...FOR THE FIFTH TIME?

Complaints of big eyes have existed since DX02...once more, why is this repeated again?

And why is the figure bigger? Who knows? Maybe HT...now this may be a striking concept for some to handle...maybe HT never had it right to begin with? It’s always irked me when people compared other company figures to HT and say “undersized” or “oversized” when HT themselves were inconsistent many times before. Like...what gave people the idea that every 1/6 figure needs to adhere to “HT 1/6 measurements”?

What’s gonna happen in another 5 years when HT make their figures even taller? Will that be the “true” standard? Is DX19 gonna be “underscaled” again?

Look...this figure isn’t “awful”. It’s not. It’s well made. It looks photogenic.

But this is the fifth version, and it’s still not perfect.

I agree with Remy’s stance on this. It’s underwhelming. Taller, bigger doesn’t make for a better figure. Sure the other improvements are nice, better bale portrait, better face plates, no thunder thighs...but owning the shrunken down QS bale portrait, a custom faceplate based off of the medicom TDK mouth along with owning the armory version...I think my TDK batman is nice as is.

Btw I’ve had DX19 PO’d a while ago (no intentions on canceling) so I can absolutely criticize it.

I’m also getting a bit tired from the “oh QS/IA ver is gonna destroy this one”...listen, I’m excited for QS/IA figures...but let’s reel it back in a little. The fact of the matter is, we still don’t own a 1/6 figure of theirs. So let’s not get ahead of ourselves. If we’re gonna judge a HT figure, judge it on its own merits and not based off of theoretical figures from an unproven company.

If you’re one of those that are excited for this figure, that’s great. Legit happy for you. But I am extremely underwhelmed by what I’m seeing so far.
Great points, well put. (y)

Jxons DX12 on the right

DX19 on the left.

vTr6ZLQ.jpg
DX19 looks skinny body like DX02.

Judging by the their products, they have lived up to the hype.
I think they can back up their products.
The 1/3 Joker that you say is just ok, is still considered the best 1/3 Heath Joker compared to Prime1 and JND.
So even at their worse, they are still the best.

The last time I got excited from getting a Hot toys figure was BvS Batman.
I would add JL Superman, but I'm still ticked off having to get a custom head cause they were too lazy to just plug in their BvS head.

View attachment 571847View attachment 571856View attachment 571848View attachment 571857View attachment 571849View attachment 571858View attachment 571850View attachment 571851View attachment 571852View attachment 571853View attachment 571855
Those are 1/3 statues. Those are much less complex to make at scale in comparison to something that is 1/6 scale. That's not even a fair comparison.

Even Hot Toys 1/4 scale Iron Men were much more detailed than what we got at 1/6.

It just shows how ill of a comparison this is...

Those are 1/3 statues. Those are much less complex to make at scale in comparison to something that is 1/6 scale. That's not even a fair comparison.

Even Hot Toys 1/4 scale Iron Men were much more detailed than what we got at 1/6.

It just shows how ill of a comparison this is...
Its not to compare to 1/6, that was to show Queen's other products.
I see some posts of people who may not be completely familiar with the company, and think that they are an unproven company.
There's a lot of new members here who are have only been recently been introduced to Hot Toys.
So some people think that Queen is some new company that have yet to prove themselves.

Yeah, for 1/6 we'll see what they can offer. But you can see the buzz just from their Joker prototype, its in another league even when you compare it to Hot Toy's 1/4.

Its not to compare to 1/6, that was to show Queen's other products.
I see some posts of people who may not be completely familiar with the company, and think that they are an unproven company.
There's a lot of new members here who are have only been recently been introduced to Hot Toys.
So some people think that Queen is some new company that have yet to prove themselves.

Yeah, for 1/6 we'll see what they can offer. But you can see the buzz just from their prototype, its in another league even when you compare it to Hot Toys's 1/4.
I dont remember Hot Toys ever releasing 1/4 statues?

Here’s my opinion...if anyone cares for it haha.

Why are there people that are still complaining about this figure?

Because this will be the FIFTH time HT have made this figure (strictly speaking about 1/6 scale). And it STILL ISN’T PERFECT. We have:

Original MMS
DX02
DX12
Armory (a retooling of the DX12)
DX19

Every version has multiple issues resulting in frustrated collectors doing light to heavy modifications all for the purpose of having the figure look closer to what we see in the movies.

FIFTH time...and the shoulder armor is still wrong. HT got it right in their QS ver...so why is this mistake repeated again...FOR THE FIFTH TIME?

Complaints of big eyes have existed since DX02...once more, why is this repeated again?

And why is the figure bigger? Who knows? Maybe HT...now this may be a striking concept for some to handle...maybe HT never had it right to begin with? It’s always irked me when people compared other company figures to HT and say “undersized” or “oversized” when HT themselves were inconsistent many times before. Like...what gave people the idea that every 1/6 figure needs to adhere to “HT 1/6 measurements”?

What’s gonna happen in another 5 years when HT make their figures even taller? Will that be the “true” standard? Is DX19 gonna be “underscaled” again?

Look...this figure isn’t “awful”. It’s not. It’s well made. It looks photogenic.

But this is the fifth version, and it’s still not perfect.

[…]
I’m also getting a bit tired from the “oh QS/IA ver is gonna destroy this one”...listen, I’m excited for QS/IA figures...but let’s reel it back in a little. The fact of the matter is, we still don’t own a 1/6 figure of theirs. So let’s not get ahead of ourselves. If we’re gonna judge a HT figure, judge it on its own merits and not based off of theoretical figures from an unproven company.

If you’re one of those that are excited for this figure, that’s great. Legit happy for you. But I am extremely underwhelmed by what I’m seeing so far.
:goodpost:

it’s a nice figure and definitely nice right out of the box for those that don’t have one or never had one before, so they have no memory in their heads or on their shelves to compare it to.

But, for those that have been along for the ride since the original MMS, this is pretty underwhelming. As I mentioned in another post, I can’t believe they’re still using the same hands since the original MMS from over a decade ago. They couldn’t be bothered to give us better gestures and/or more detailed hands? That most likely means TDK Joker 3.0 if/when it releases will also have the same inaccurate hands it’s had for years

I know some will be happy with it as is, but in general, with any company, I’m sort of getting tired of having to fix things for them, be it myself or buying custom pieces. Regular collectors shouldn’t have to go out of their way to make things more accurate when someone like HT has more resources than the majority of us and could’ve easily made adjustments themselves.

Re:Queen/InArt- I think we’re all excited to see what they can/will do, but as it stands, all this talk about them destroying HT on every release is just empty words. Now it just seems like the “kewl” thing to say if one doesn’t like something HT put out. Not to mention, their 1/3 TDK Batman doesn’t look all that great from the pics I’ve seen (though, of course those who have him say otherwise). Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for my Joker and hope it comes out as well as their 1/4 statue. But we’ve got a whole year most likely before we see what a production version of Joker ends up looking like. Then we'll be able to make some sort of tangential comparisons. I want them to do great, and their presence has obviously shaken HT a little bit, based on the few updates on yet to be released figures. But we have nothing but hopes that 1/6 production pieces will look close to the prototypes

Last edited:
:goodpost:

it’s a nice figure and definitely nice right out of the box for those that don’t have one or never had one before, so they have no memory in their heads or on their shelves to compare it to.

But, for those that have been along for the ride since the original MMS, this is pretty underwhelming. As I mentioned in another post, I can’t believe they’re still using the same hands since the original MMS from over a decade ago. They couldn’t be bothered to give us better gestures and/or more detailed hands? That most likely means TDK Joker 3.0 if/when it releases will also have the same inaccurate hands it’s had for years

I know some will be happy with it as is, but in general, with any company, I’m sort of getting tired of having to fix things for them, be it myself or buying custom pieces. Regular collectors shouldn’t have to go out of their way to make things more accurate when someone like HT has more resources than the majority of us and could’ve easily made adjustments themselves.

Re:Queen/InArt- I think we’re all excited to see what they can/will do, but as it stands, all this talk about them destroying HT on every release is just empty words. Now it just seems like the “kewl” thing to say if one doesn’t like something HT put out. Not to mention, their 1/3 TDK Batman doesn’t look all that great from the pics I’ve seen (though, of course those who have him say otherwise). Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for my Joker and hope it comes out as well as their 1/4 statue. But we’ve got a whole year most likely before we see what a production version of Joker ends up looking like. Then we'll be able to make some sort of tangential comparisons. I want them to do great, and their presence has obviously shaken HT a little bit, based on the few updates on yet to be released figures. But we have nothing but hopes that 1/6 production pieces will look close to the prototypes

Yup, exactly. I feel the frustration from Remy and others like myself that were hoping for post QS/IA Battinson reveal-“oh $#!t we need to fix our Battinson-“ level effort from HT and their mutaheffin 5th attempt at Baleman.

This figure, IMO, is another “bare minimum” release.

I love TDK trilogy. The ONLY version of Baleman that has satisfied the TDK Collector in me is HT QS version...FRESH OUT OF THE BOX.

Every other release required cutting, fixes, reshaping, modifications, CAPES, sculpting of eye lids, body swaps...every mod ever done to a bunch of toys has been applied to ONE SINGULAR EFFIN FIGURE.

If I’m pi$$ing in anyone’s cereal, I apologize. I’m just trying to convey our frustrations. In your (a general YOUR) eyes, this figure is amazing. But to those that collected this one GD character for so many years have yet to receive the penultimate 1/6 version.

QS/IA have yet to release their joker. But I’m already anticipating their version of Baleman. There’s nothing wrong with hoping.

In retrospect probably too much but there’s one listed at auction for $80 right now.

Me and money have a bad relationship…

Oh man...it sounds like you and I have a similar relationship with money...

Hey man...it DOES get better.

It does.

That’s what they told me at the last therapy group session...

If you need any help...I’m here for ya!

=P

In all seriousness the fact you didn’t tell me a number on how much you spent...haha dang bro!

In all seriousness the fact you didn’t tell me a number on how much you spent...haha dang bro!
Just slightly over $100, honestly I spend more on dinner at least once a week being in LA so it’s not a big deal. I’m sure I could have snagged one for less eventually but I’m ready to slice and dice and don’t want to wait on my sideshow POs to start testing out ideas.

I could take measurements off the figure I have coming from HK but I really don’t like to do extensive testing on my only figure. I’m as much of a collector as customizer and if I make a mistake on my only copy I get OCD until I can get another in hand.

So I’ll use this spare cowl to test fit new chins on and maybe play around with removing the eye plate to see how it’s constructed. I suspect I will like the size of the eyes in person but if I don’t I may experiment with printing a new eye plate that the stock eye balls can pop into.

Back