1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks nice enough. If I wasn't getting the JND I'd probably get the 1/4 over it, though. Although maybe I will get the 1/4 to go with the Joker 1/4. But not seeing the bad sides to this figure at all. Always felt the last one was a bit small as my collection grew. Would be a great addition for many fans collections.

The last Batman was one of those real wow moments in my collecting. Paid quite a lot for it on the second hand market and it was one of my first Hot Toys', and I remember loving everything about it. I'm sure for the many, many collectors who aren't long in the tooth this will provide that same feeling.

I sometimes forget how jaded we can become in collecting. This is easily going to please many Batman fans.

Lol the Queen Studios love is really starting to grind. They've just produced a nice 1/4 with the help of a popular customiser/borderline studio creator, but before that their 1/3 Joker really came out looking just okay. They can be quite hit and miss. They release one figure pre-order and haven't lived up to it yet, but for many Hot Toys are this now misaligned company that only has faults.

LOL.

It's definitely the best TDKR Batman yet... better than DX12 easily.

Curious how tall he is though to other older TDK and TDKR HT figures.

From those comparison pics a couple pages back quite a bit taller actually. Makes sense, I sold my Thor DW and TDKR Batman off a while ago but remember quite distinctly them being overshadowed by my new figures.

I much prefer that larger scales as they tend to actually fill their bodies out a lot more so they look less toyish. You getting this one?

Lol the Queen Studios love is really starting to grind. They've just produced a nice 1/4 with the help of a popular customiser/borderline studio creator, but before that their 1/3 Joker really came out looking just okay. They can be quite hit and miss. They release one figure pre-order and haven't lived up to it yet, but for many Hot Toys are this now misaligned company that only has faults.

LOL.
Its bias... HT been around so we've seen them stumble and we've seen them rise.

QS gets praise because its "taking a jab at HT", whatever that means...
They havent released a product yet under InArt line so they haven't even taken a swing yet...

From those comparison pics a couple pages back quite a bit taller actually. Makes sense, I sold my Thor DW and TDKR Batman off a while ago but remember quite distinctly them being overshadowed by my new figures.

I much prefer that larger scales as they tend to actually fill their bodies out a lot more so they look less toyish. You getting this one?

I've never had a TDK/R suit Batman yet (the BB style, yes)... I'm not a huge fan of the design, but I'm keeping my eyes on this one as a possibility.

I've never had a TDK/R suit Batman yet (the BB style, yes)... I'm not a huge fan of the design, but I'm keeping my eyes on this one as a possibility.
1/4 will probably come out better, but definitely give this one a shot if you're leaning that way, can always resell later, these hold or increase the worth for years.

Great articulation, nice magnetic head for easy head swivel, the PERS really isn't as bulbous or big in person; it's more noticeable obviously when photographed up close. The cape is looking quite good for a stock one also. I'd really love this to be honest, the improvement over DX12 are really clear.

Its bias... HT been around so we've seen them stumble and we've seen them rise.

QS gets praise because its "taking a jab at HT", whatever that means...
They havent released a product yet under InArt line so they haven't even taken a swing yet...

Even if they do come out with the better products... of course they would. They're clearly chipping away at a new market, which is to say the mass produced bordering on the custom. That's why they cost more, because their objectives are different. Hot Toys could easily create a new label with a higher price tag and match the quality, they have the resources and the artists.

I'm a little over HT's personally, I've found my enjoyment elsewhere. But I'm not going to delude myself into thinking they've suddenly lost quality or cheese people on their releases. They can certainly improve, their wait times and lack of communication is dire; they're still industry leaders however.

It's definitely the best TDKR Batman yet... better than DX12 easily.

Curious how tall he is though to other older TDK and TDKR HT figures.
I’m pretty worried about this since my DX12 with Medicom cowl looks like it’s the perfect height compared to Selina and Blake. I guess I better start printing some ankle extenders now…

I’m pretty worried about this since my DX12 with Medicom cowl looks like it’s the perfect height compared to Selina and Blake. I guess I better start printing some ankle extenders now…

Or maybe this DX19 Batman is a bit too tall. MCU height. Perhaps you could swap its long peg ankles for slightly shorter ones if that is the case.

Has anyone measured to see if it is correct? Should be exactly 12 inches, right? Maybe slightly taller as Bale's 6 foot.

I dont get why they made the DX19 so much bigger? As others have said the DX12 was a little undersized but this DX19 looks way to big. Bale is not a huge guy, maybe 6'0 in boots.

yeah sideshow already has two videos uploaded on their youtube channel on this guy. hopefully they got some stock already and shipping out soon

LOL.
Judging by the their products, they have lived up to the hype.
I think they can back up their products.
The 1/3 Joker that you say is just ok, is still considered the best 1/3 Heath Joker compared to Prime1 and JND.
So even at their worse, they are still the best.

The last time I got excited from getting a Hot toys figure was BvS Batman.
I would add JL Superman, but I'm still ticked off having to get a custom head cause they were too lazy to just plug in their BvS head.

1649798331826.png
1649798861175.png
1649798352495.png
1649799027382.png
1649798405048.png
1649799189598.png
1649798540709.png
1649798584051.png
1649798635850.png
1649798657937.png
1649798699123.png

Last edited:
Judging by the their products, they have lived up to the hype.
I think they can back up their products.
The 1/3 Joker that you say is just ok, is still considered the best 1/3 Heath Joker compared to Prime1 and JND.
So even at their worse, they are still the best.

The last time I got excited from getting a Hot toys figure was BvS Batman.
I would add JL Superman, but I'm still ticked off having to get a custom head cause they were too lazy to just plug in their BvS head.

View attachment 571847View attachment 571856View attachment 571848View attachment 571857View attachment 571849View attachment 571858View attachment 571850View attachment 571851View attachment 571852View attachment 571853View attachment 571855

Most of those photos are production photos. Look at actual received photos, for instance of the Joker busts hair and it's awful. The 1/3 Joker hair is awful, with an oversized head. Plus these are large scale at much higher pricing and therefore should be coming out great.

Fact of the matter is that they remain unproven in 1/6. I hope they come out great, because I've ordered one, and also 1/4 Joker seems to be a good turning point for what they'll be doing with leadership from Viper. But again, fact of the matter is they're charging a lot more for these and carving out their own path. This QS love is absurd in the sense that it's akin to comparing a custom head sculpt to a Hot Toys one.

Looks like a decent improvement over my Armory version, and I definitely like the greater size and presence it will probably have on display, but ultimately I just don't think I care enough about that batsuit to bother upgrading it.

Only thing that might sway me is if my current figure ends up looking way too small next to the Inart Joker...

Here’s my opinion...if anyone cares for it haha.

Why are there people that are still complaining about this figure?

Because this will be the FIFTH time HT have made this figure (strictly speaking about 1/6 scale). And it STILL ISN’T PERFECT. We have:

Original MMS
DX02
DX12
Armory (a retooling of the DX12)
DX19

Every version has multiple issues resulting in frustrated collectors doing light to heavy modifications all for the purpose of having the figure look closer to what we see in the movies.

FIFTH time...and the shoulder armor is still wrong. HT got it right in their QS ver...so why is this mistake repeated again...FOR THE FIFTH TIME?

Complaints of big eyes have existed since DX02...once more, why is this repeated again?

And why is the figure bigger? Who knows? Maybe HT...now this may be a striking concept for some to handle...maybe HT never had it right to begin with? It’s always irked me when people compared other company figures to HT and say “undersized” or “oversized” when HT themselves were inconsistent many times before. Like...what gave people the idea that every 1/6 figure needs to adhere to “HT 1/6 measurements”?

What’s gonna happen in another 5 years when HT make their figures even taller? Will that be the “true” standard? Is DX19 gonna be “underscaled” again?

Look...this figure isn’t “awful”. It’s not. It’s well made. It looks photogenic.

But this is the fifth version, and it’s still not perfect.

I agree with Remy’s stance on this. It’s underwhelming. Taller, bigger doesn’t make for a better figure. Sure the other improvements are nice, better bale portrait, better face plates, no thunder thighs...but owning the shrunken down QS bale portrait, a custom faceplate based off of the medicom TDK mouth along with owning the armory version...I think my TDK batman is nice as is.

Btw I’ve had DX19 PO’d a while ago (no intentions on canceling) so I can absolutely criticize it.

I’m also getting a bit tired from the “oh QS/IA ver is gonna destroy this one”...listen, I’m excited for QS/IA figures...but let’s reel it back in a little. The fact of the matter is, we still don’t own a 1/6 figure of theirs. So let’s not get ahead of ourselves. If we’re gonna judge a HT figure, judge it on its own merits and not based off of theoretical figures from an unproven company.

If you’re one of those that are excited for this figure, that’s great. Legit happy for you. But I am extremely underwhelmed by what I’m seeing so far.

Back