1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s with all these negativity? Wait for a proper review before judging

dieh-hard-gif-3.gif

Hopefully, hot toys will announce the Bat Armory from The Dark Knight Rises soon, to coincide with the release of the DX19 Batman [as they showed the Bat Armory in the background in one of the pics of the prototype of the DX19 when this was first announced]. :)

One Sixth Republic

Jesse Lo · 8 mins ·

Dx19 on the left vs Dx12 on the right

IMO it’s a huge improvement compared to DX 12 , though subtle.

1. The body is much more rigid , bigger chest and nicer overall look.

2. The bat head is bigger and have longer horns.

3. The chest plate looks more like transparent carbon fiber than some cheap plastic

4. Cape is much much better, almost like the custom ones.

5. Head sculpt improved. ( opinions may vary, as the new sculpt is more like batman begin/ young bale.)
Only downside is the bat diaper is a little too big but overall it’s much more screen accurate than dx12.

dx1.jpg
dx2.jpg
dx3.jpg

really digging it. proportions look better. im wondering if its possible to lift the chest piece or somehow put some sort of padding underneath the collar area to give it some height. i think itll really add more proportion wise

Tough crowd to please lol. Yeah my biggest issues are Height and neck. Why can’t hot toys do necks? Why do they give some much wonderful attention to other IP’s but then just say whatever to DC?
Anyways. This will be a huge upgrade for me as I have the dx02.

Tough crowd to please lol. Yeah my biggest issues are Height and neck. Why can’t hot toys do necks? Why do they give some much wonderful attention to other IP’s but then just say whatever to DC?
Anyways. This will be a huge upgrade for me as I have the dx02.
they seem to fail on that a lot... CW flash is a good example. honestly after seeing some customizer pictures of some characters, theres still quite a bit of room for improvement especially in the shoulder and neck area for these figures. once you start comparing things, it becomes staggering drastic with how so little can make a big difference.

just makes me more optimistic that QS/InArt has a choke hold on WB/DC licenses. i could honestly care less if they got the marvel license. leave it to hot toys, they seem to put more labor of love into MCU and Star Wars than DC.

What’s with all these negativity? Wait for a proper review before judging
Same story different figure........always the same.

Even that comparison pic is of the figures lying down. If you zoom in the feet on the one on the left they are also pointed down, camera perspective etc etc makes it look a lot worse than it is.

So yep proper review is what we need. As always.

Same story different figure........always the same.

Even that comparison pic is of the figures lying down. If you zoom in the feet on the one on the left they are also pointed down, camera perspective etc etc makes it look a lot worse than it is.

So yep proper review is what we need. As always.
Noticed that too, feet pointing down :cautious:

I really don’t understand all the complaints. This looks really good to me. Likeness on the Wayne sculpt looks great and the neck doesn’t seem like an issue when it’s in the figure and not loose. Yeah, there’s a few issues with the cowl but nothing horrendous to me. I’m very excited to get this, hopefully this gets into Sideshow and ships before the summer.

Looks like how it does in the movie, shame all of the Nolan trilogy cowls are awful looking even in the movies though.

But not better looking than the ‘89/Returns/Forever/Begins cowls.

No matter what Hot Toys does, their TDK/TDKR Batman figures always look goofy. This figure is 90% reuse, don’t get why people are disappointed/upset. We all knew what this was going to be when solicitation pics went up. You seen one Batman you seen em all. “Ooooh he has new butt and thigh plating and a new goofy heads”. So what. People are going to be doing the same **** with the upcoming reissue Begins Batman.

Wake me up when Hot Toys gets innovative again.

But not better looking than the ‘89/Returns/Forever/Begins cowls.

No matter what Hot Toys does, their TDK/TDKR Batman figures always look goofy. This figure is 90% reuse, don’t get why people are disappointed/upset. We all knew what this was going to be when solicitation pics went up. You seen one Batman you seen em all. “Ooooh he has new butt and thigh plating and a new goofy heads”. So what. People are going to be doing the same **** with the upcoming reissue Begins Batman.

Wake me up when Hot Toys gets innovative again.
So you’re going to sleep for a while?

Back