1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont think it was ever mentioned on the sideshow listing that it was going to have pers... bummer, i was hoping it wouldn't have it

unknown.png

a customized bale batman figure i saw a little while ago. jaxon xu sculpt specifically. previous cowls lacked the intensity and smoldering in the eyes because of the PERS and i was hoping for that with this one but hopefully itll look better in hand or in reviewers because these blogger pictures arent doing it justice except for this picture. i just cant see myself using the other mouthplates, maybe the angry one

1649744461829.png

Wow new is towering over the dx12
Wouldn't this make it scale off with older figures

Not a big fan of oversizing figures these days though. While the old one was maybe .25 in. too short, this one is too tall.

The Iron Mans are the worst with their 13 inch height. RDJ Iron man is not 6 foot 6 inches and should not tower over Thor and Cap.

Man they trashed that Bruce Wayne sculpt. The prototype looked pretty good.

Overall not a very impressive release, imo. I’ll wait to see if InArt does a Bale Batman in the future.

I’m sure it would look better in different lighting and then I’ll sound like a moron, but it looks like it has that vanilla feel a lot of Hot Toys’ newer sculpts have - like their Holland Spider-Men and JL Affleck.

It's... okay, I guess. Better than the DX12, but it's missing that wow factor. I'm not cancelling my PO as I'd lose ~100€ and only have 3 installments left. Honestly, I'm tired of waiting for the "perfect" BaleBat. In 4 years we'll be having the same conversation. InArt will probably come out with their own, but in what, 2, 3 years? Then I'll be getting into the FF/X-Men MCU stuff which will eat my budget. I'm not a big enough fan of the Nolan Trilogy to drop 600€ on a Batman were I to cancel this (thus losing my deposit and first installment), wait for the InArt version, and maybe sacrifice something else when the time came and yadda yadda yadda. I'm sticking with mine. I just hope it'll look good enough next to the InArt Joker. I'm adding these to the Movie Shelf, as I'll be building my small Batshelf around either Battinson or Arkham if InArt gets the license.

Pretty boring release in the end. I'll get it as I've paid 2/3rds already, but I'll just chuck it in the back and wait for the IA Joker. Really, I'm getting this just as a companion piece to Ledger Joker and because I like Bale (I've got the Patrick Bateman on PO too, which is my Bale Grail); I'm not attached to this version of Batman or the movies. So I can make due with a "good enough" release. Let's just hope it doesn't start to flake in 2 years... I hope the height's not that big of an issue as well. I wouldn't want him to tower over Joker. What am I collecting, Play Arts Kai and their nonsensical scales?

Last edited:
Back