1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kE00Got.jpg

tgTomxZ.jpg

TZZVtVx.jpg

WBJgVIt.jpg

Tried to do the Traps mod, but I was not successful. The didnt really fill out no matter how much tape I wrapped around the piece of cardboard.

Not a bad figure, but something seems off with the body.

Looking for suggestions/confirm...

Mine came with bends near the crotch for one of the rubber pieces. This pretty common? Any suggestion on flattening it out?

Looks like the knee pad was accidentally sliced during production. Anyone think sideshow would send me a knee pad or is it "battle damaged"?

Attachments

• 20220718_214354.jpg
    20220718_214354.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0

Mine came with bends near the crotch for one of the rubber pieces. This pretty common? Any suggestion on flattening it out?

Looks like the knee pad was accidentally sliced during production. Anyone think sideshow would send me a knee pad or is it "battle damaged"?
Send it back to them. If they say they have no more replacement parts call their BS and still send it back. Or get a full refund and re-buy it.

If it’s otherwise fine I’d say just enjoy the figure and don’t get sucked into the return/exchange rabbit hole. No matter how many times you do it each figure will have something wrong and these are pretty minor compared to some of the worst things you could get.

Attachments

• 927B6F09-3622-46A1-80A4-6EF344E1728E.jpeg
    927B6F09-3622-46A1-80A4-6EF344E1728E.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 0

I had the same issue as well. I’m not sure what could fix the knee pad. The wrinkle in the thigh, you might be able to pull the pant leg down a bit to straighten it but I would just ask to return/exchange it

Tried to do the Traps mod, but I was not successful. The didnt really fill out no matter how much tape I wrapped around the piece of cardboard.
I gave it a shot and I think it's an improvement. I don't think it's meant as a Captain America style trap, it's just meant to fill in the gap at the base of the neck that isn't there on the real suit, and for that I think it def helps.

Yeah, I padded my traps and it doesn’t dramatically change the shape of his shoulders, but it significantly improves the flow of his neck into his shoulders and looks better for it.

Yup Jaxon's capes are good. I think Unreal still makes capes for this too but his prices on wired capes are more than Jaxon's I believe. And Tony Mei (IF he's still making capes- I stopped following him years ago) would cost even more than either of the previous two. I think there's an eBay Seller out of Mexico that makes custom capes that seem pretty affordable last I checked (in the $40 range) but I have no idea of the quality. I know it might seem like a lot of money for just a piece of fabric and some wires, but there is some expertise that goes into making one. I replaced the Superman cape on one of my comic DC Collectibles Superman statues a while back and that took me around 4-5 hours to do and get looking right and that wasn't even wired. And my first attempt at making a new cape for my George Reeves custom came out lopsided :lol so, it's not particularly as easy as it looks to make these things.

Last edited:
Jaxon is the best option in terms of getting a wired cape. Even Kit sells them on his site which great I only have Jaxon's battle cape for Bats but I'm tempted at getting the wired one.

Back