Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so then there truly is no need for a redo, everyone is all like "oh oh I want the Keaton Headsculpt it woulda been badarse if we got that." When in actuality, this is the ultimate 1989 Keaton Batman, because he was never unmasked in the movie.

Loved your review Sallah, i thought the 25 running time was going to be little daunting but after watching it i felt it wasn't long enough! Your enthusiasm, anecdotes and the rapport with your son was a joy to watch. Looking forward to your Superman review.

Man this figure is great. I won't be able to afford him, but kudos to those who got him. Although, if I were able to afford him, my main concern would be the suit falling apart or leaking like a lot of the rubber suits that have come out previously. But, boy that is one of HT's best sculpts.

Well, our Hot Toys DX09 Keaton Batman pictorial review and video spotlight is now up!

preview1.jpg

preview3.jpg

preview2.jpg

Around 40 pics and a 25 minute video spotlight await here:

DX09 Batman Review at 1989Batman.com

Just to warn those unfamiliar with our video spotlights- Our review style is a bit different than most. Up to this point, we have only reviewed the Mattel MOTU Classics... but what we do is put a bunch of pictures of a figure and then my 9-year-old son Blaze and I ramble on about that specific figure in video format. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product. It isn't for everybody though, so I won't be offended if you skip the video and just look at the pics.. :)

Sallah

Really awesome so see your son Blaze so enthusiastic about just how COOL this toy is. Does my heart good to see a young boy passionate about our hobby instead of just being into video games. You can see it in his eyes the way he's staring so intently at every accessory. Nice to see you passing on the appreciation to the next generation!

I hope the movie lives up to the hype for him when he finally sees it at 11! The mystery of the unknown about it must be driving him insane with anticipation, like it did for us leading up to the summer of 89....how fun!

Thanks for sharing this review with us!

Rory are you going to give us more gorgeous natural-light photos like this or what?
Rory's been a little under the weather apparently.

Operation Poison Rory and steal all his figures is well under way!:yess:

:lol

Feeling a bit better today (my wife says it's "Man Flu"), here are a few more pics in natural light. No major futzing or posing, don't have the energy.

4-11.jpg

2-13.jpg
3-13.jpg
1-14.jpg
6-8.jpg
5-9.jpg
7-7.jpg

..And my mini "Bat Cave" well I'm still waiting on my Tron Cycle so I might as well use it for something!
8-5.jpg

..One thing I did discover is that the face plates are a right pain to get off.

Last edited:
Feeling a bit better today (my wife says it's "Man Flu")

Firstly, awesome pics. Secondly - man flu? Yeah..women can talk. Every woman in my life is sick at the moment. And when they're sick they're bed-ridden, can't eat can't do anything. The men of the family go to work and get on with things as normal. :dunno

Firstly, awesome pics. Secondly - man flu? Yeah..women can talk. Every woman in my life is sick at the moment. And when they're sick they're bed-ridden, can't eat can't do anything. The men of the family go to work and get on with things as normal. :dunno

:exactly::gah::exactly::lol

Absolutely sensational pics Rorywan!!! :clap :clap :clap

Some of those actually look like photos of Keaton on set or something.. :thud:

This one's gotta get figure of the year, along with possibly Jack Joker.

Rory... thank you for driving me completely inpatient :panic: I WANT IT NAAAOOOOW!
arnold-125.jpg

Get well soon, bud.

Thanks everybody for the kind words on the pictures and video review! We really appreciate it... :)

Sallah

Hot Toys DX09 Keaton Batman Pictures & Video Review
Great review man! :clap

I really enjoyed your son's comments too - I'm just imagining his anticipation for the film; I remember when I was looking forward to the film coming out back in 89 as a kid - my mind was racing with images of the trailer & what to expect! He'll be blown away no doubt like we all were! :hi5:

Back