Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

A photo of the main actor (Finn's uncle ?) taken from a french site (star-wars-universe)...

Mando-Actor1.jpg

If I wasn't going to see this before, I definitely am now !!

Would love a prop like that on the wall !

mando rifle.jpg

Yeah that does look very cool. I hope it's something the main character will be using and isn't meant to be just some background Easter egg that's only onscreen for a second.

Going by this original pic I'd bet that he'll be using it ! Really hope so !

the-mandalorian-700x553.jpg

Yeah, and there needs to be at least 5 shower scenes, or 3 shower scenes and 2 scenes without a shirt, or 3 scenes without a shirt 1 shower scene and 1 butt shot as he is putting on his boba thong

Wring that teat, Disney. Only the fans get chafed. If we choose.

Just watched Rogue One again tonight. With all that's happened since that movie hopefully Disney at least has learnt what works and what doesn't work. The look of Rogue One is so Star Wars. If they can repeat that aesthetic for the Mandolorian they'll at least be headed in the right direction.

If it wasn't for the set robbery etc maybe we'd still be getting bits of information from Faverau for this. But now we'll probably have to wait the 100+ days until Celebration.

Still wish HT had done the last couple of figures for Rogue One. Such a disappointment. Krennic, Baze and Cassian is all we needed to round out the core team.

Still wish HT had done the last couple of figures for Rogue One. Such a disappointment. Krennic, Baze and Cassian is all we needed to round out the core team.

I think Hot Toys have moved on. I am still hoping for the Tank Commander and Solo Troopers but they are likely doing Fantastic Beasts and Aquaman this month.

I think Hot Toys have moved on. I am still hoping for the Tank Commander and Solo Troopers but they are likely doing Fantastic Beasts and Aquaman this month.

Yeah I tend to agree, but all the Prequels and OT are also "old" movies. So I think Rogue One still has a chance at some point down the road if it is considered "a classic Star Wars movie" which, considering it's company in the recent films, it's got a pretty good general acceptance imo.

Plus they have collectors with half a lineup waiting like you and I to buy the rest.

2020 looks like there will be no film. Sure the Mandalorian will be in full swing, but once the OT and PS are done what "classic" SW figures are HT going to make ?

Sure Vader with moving arms and legs, but maybe after that......

I'm a patient man ! :lol

With Death Star Trooper cancelled my hopes about any interesting SW figures except prequel ones are on zero. I hope i will be in this hobby in time HT will turn around and revisit all the cool stuff they've missed. Same with DC figures.

With Death Star Trooper cancelled my hopes about any interesting SW figures except prequel ones are on zero. I hope i will be in this hobby in time HT will turn around and revisit all the cool stuff they've missed. Same with DC figures.

Yeah I don't think you're the only one. OT collectors are typically the ones with the higher disposable income.

HT better not forget that !

I have noticed every speculation threads started from you like "Krennic, Baze and the gang" or "Empire Lando" thread all end up in vain..and now this :lol

Is that official or presumed based on tumbleweeds instead of PO?

Is it actually expected that The Mandolorian will release all at once ? Or week for week. I sort of expected the later, but heard it isn't normally done like that on Netflix etc.

As someone who likes to discuss about these shows, it’s always nice to make it one episode per week.

The weekly discussions that take place after each Game of Thrones episode is always nice compared to Marvel shows where it’s just “it was good, remember when...”. “Oh, I didn’t get that far yet”.

I’m just old school like that, I guess.

As someone who likes to discuss about these shows, it’s always nice to make it one episode per week.

The weekly discussions that take place after each Game of Thrones episode is always nice compared to Marvel shows where it’s just “it was good, remember when...”. “Oh, I didn’t get that far yet”.

I’m just old school like that, I guess.

I'm totally with you. I'd prefer to have it weekly for exactly the reasons you've mentioned. Discussion etc is great on podcasts etc these days. And it makes it last a bit longer.

Binge watching is good. But you're left standing there afterwards thinking well that's that done. What next ?

However if it all comes out at once I'll of course binge watch it and won't complain a bit. [emoji3]

Week to week has become a more difficult proposition.

Take both Westworld and Star Trek Discovery. The makers of those peppered little hints at the larger story and end season reveals throughout the season. They need to do this so the story makes narrative sense and the reveal isn't seen as a deus ex machina.

In the past we would pick up on some or most of these clues while missing others so for the most part the reveal was still both a surprise but also felt familiar. Then a lot of the fun was going back and looking for those clues we missed and putting it all together. However with those shows, the weight of the "internet" meant collectively not a clue was missed. People figured out the future plot points on message board discussions while lazy "news" sites plastered these "fan theories" over every geek (and at times mainstream) channel on the internet. Much like the days of avoiding the internet until you'd seen the latest Game of Thrones or Walking Dead, you now need to try and avoid any news on these shows for their entire run.

With the all at once it isn't so bad. You're back to avoiding the "news" sites for just a week or two until they get bored and move onto the next show if you haven't yet finished the season. I enjoy the week to week format. Often it makes the show feel longer, deeper and more epic. You go back and binge and realise plot points and storylines you remember as having a big impact where actually quite short and lose the impact in the "binge" style viewing. But it's getting harder and harder for that style to tell a long form story without it essentially being spoiled.

Some don't mind this and there is research to suggest spoilers can actually increase enjoyment. Personally it decreases it for me. If I know an outcome, the tension and suspense is killed. I heard Qui Gon died before I saw TPM and it directly impacted the level of engagement I had with the character. But I have to admit, The Walking Dead played the whole "everyone knows Andrew Lincoln is leaving and this is his last episode" quite well. But that episode was designed around people thinking they knew the outcome and turned a weakness into a strength.

Interesting news that Carl Weathers was casted in the show. I think he’ll be a good fit.

Interesting news that Carl Weathers was casted in the show. I think he’ll be a good fit.

Yes, very interesting. I didn't know that. He could probably play a decent older/intimidating underground boss or something perhaps ??

Back