Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

Isn't this only on Disney's upcoming streaming service? Is anyone here actually going to spend $10 (or whatever) a month for just Disney TV shows?

If HT start down this path and produce figures from the series, that might not end well. If they do, they'd better choose what they put on the market wisely so it doesn't interfere with creations based after movie characters. So many icons yet to be offered.

Its not the original OT and its Disney so its gonna suck....

Sorry I had to, cause you know legions of people already will hate it based on those two facts....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Its not the original OT and its Disney so its gonna suck....

Sorry I had to, cause you know legions of people already will hate it based on those two facts....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

35 years has passed since Return of the Jedi...

Star Wars univerese not just running around OT....move on

Isn't this only on Disney's upcoming streaming service? Is anyone here actually going to spend $10 (or whatever) a month for just Disney TV shows?

The entirety of Marvel cinematic universe, the 200+ disney movies, every single tv episode of every single show that ever aired on disney channel, the simpsons, american dad, the batman animated series (owned by fox produced by DC, how will it turn out ?) , futurama, family guy, and Studio Ghibli (at least in europe) basically any film BV or FOX produced ?

If there's a kid in the house in the US, Canada or Europe, there'll be disney play for starters.
Even without kid there's much more quality content than netflix just going by the ones I mentioned. 95% of netflix is unwatchable crap, FOX and BV content is real content.

I might bite just because of the new Clone Wars...

The entirety of Marvel cinematic universe, the 200+ disney movies, every single tv episode of every single show that ever aired on disney channel, the simpsons, american dad, the batman animated series (owned by fox produced by DC, how will it turn out ?) , futurama, family guy, and Studio Ghibli (at least in europe) basically any film BV or FOX produced ?

If there's a kid in the house in the US, Canada or Europe, there'll be disney play for starters.
Even without kid there's much more quality content than netflix just going by the ones I mentioned. 95% of netflix is unwatchable crap, FOX and BV content is real content.
If that is what it will carry- I haven’t checked I could see me dropping prime and Netflix and sticking with this.

I'm interested less for the Mandalorians than the post-ROTJ time period and the idea of a serialized western set in the SW universe, which sounds like it could be really promising and cool. Plus Jon Favreau is a pretty solid filmmaker to be leading the thing.

This is exactly why I’m interested in it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

Yeah also the fact that in his original synopsis he said in the "outer reaches far from the authorities of the new republic".

That screams lawless gangsters, aliens and wild west.

Sounds like just what we need. Something different and new.

I would definitely get a figure that looks like this. Hope the series is not s boring soap opera. The person executive producing this leads me to think it's just an excuse to make a sappy boring love story with a bit of action thrown in. Time will tell.

There must be a woman inside (the adventures of young Holdo???) ...

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Boba Fett's daughter, Ailyn Vel.

In the book "The Bounty Hunter Code" (released under Disney but apparently it's branded as Legends harumph) there's a section about Mandalorian history (written from the point of view of the Death Watch founder, Tor Vizsla, who killed Jango's mentor Jaster Mereel, of the "True Mandalorians").

What's interesting is that throughout the book there are annotations from various bounty hunters (Jango, Boba, Bossk, Greedo, Dengar, even Hondo & Han Solo), and in the Mandalorian Death Watch history section, Jango notes "for you, my son, a glimpse into the minds of my enemies" and next to that Boba Fett writes "For you, my daughter, may you begin to understand." And the front page specifically names Boba Fett's daughter as Ailyn Vel.

Ailyn Vel was a legends character (killed by Jacen Solo), but she's still a character, and I wouldn't be surprised if she took up the Fett armor. I find it an interesting story, since Jango was a supporter of the True Mandalorians (who were betrayed by Death Watch leaving Jango on a life long mission to avenge his mentor), and while Boba wanted nothing to do with the Mandalorians, from his notes he thought his daughter could learn a thing or two about bounty hunting and Mandalorian history/culture.

I'd love to see her taking on the role of an outer-rim anti-hero, dealing with issues of crime, vigilantism and an attempt to restore the code of Mandalorian virtue in a lawless environment.

Last edited:

I would definitely get a figure that looks like this. Hope the series is not s boring soap opera. The person executive producing this leads me to think it's just an excuse to make a sappy boring love story with a bit of action thrown in. Time will tell.

Huh ????

If Daredevil and Punisher got figures for "just" being Marvel Netflix characters, I'd say this guy is all but guaranteed.

Well we have good ol’ Jack Bauer confirming this early on in the thread.

It's 100% guaranteed anything that even remotely resembles Boba Fett will be made by Hot Toys. He's like our version of Iron Man.

Well we have good ol’ Jack Bauer confirming this early on in the thread.

Would be cool if we never see the Mandalorian's face. Always wears the helmet, even when showering.

Yeah, and there needs to be at least 5 shower scenes, or 3 shower scenes and 2 scenes without a shirt, or 3 scenes without a shirt 1 shower scene and 1 butt shot as he is putting on his boba thong

Yeah, and there needs to be at least 5 shower scenes, or 3 shower scenes and 2 scenes without a shirt, or 3 scenes without a shirt 1 shower scene and 1 butt shot as he is putting on his boba thong

ShamefulUnsightlyBrownbear-small.gif

Back