Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

I love all the ingredients I'm seeing in that show,specially the fact it's about a mandalorian and not about Rebels/Resistance good guys. Also killer design, so doubt about buying the figure.

Sadly it’s the world we now live in. When exposed to something new people now tend to ask themselves 2 questions.
1. Why shouldn't I be offended by this?
2. Is there any reason not to hate this?

Minor corrections. Although most just skip the questioning.

Even if I like the show, I don't think I'll go beyond movies. They are already a fortune.

This picture is more impressive to me than Jango. I don’t collect Mandolorian figures, but if I did this would be the one.

Nope
Not a single figure, even if I like the show.
Release the Death Star trooper!

I would be happier to see the Death Star Trooper go up for order.

So many OT figures that I want from Hot Toys/Sideshow.

Sadly it’s the world we now live in. When exposed to something new people now tend to ask themselves 2 questions.
1. Can I be offended by this?
2. Is there any reason to hate this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"New"?:dunno

Nota Fett, the TV series?:lol

A lot of guys in Mando armor running around the galaxy as bounty hunters.

This one is probably Fett's sister, Booba Fett.

Booba fett, I would get that figure. Hot toys makes squishy boobies. Go test your leia or jyn figures.
I’ll wait...
Seriously though, I’m fine with the show, just wouldn’t buy the figures.
Plus, maybe booba fett is why han and leia aren’t together in tfa. Maybe han went off the reservation and took a trip to mandalore.

Back to the initial question, it's completely viable that they have the license for this, they made Netflix figures as well as Agent Coulson so you'd imagine that it'd fall under the umbrella of their licensing. Given though how HT loves to pump fans up for possibilities even down to prototypes that never get made, I would imagine that you'll probably get "The Mandolorian" whomever that character ends up being just because it's so closely resembling Boba Fett so the amount of R&D needed is low but for the rest of the series, it'll really depend on how big of a hit it becomes. I wouldn't be shocked if they made the Mando and then just moved on.

Yeah you're probably right. At best also a sidekick droid or villain perhaps. However this will no doubt go for multiple seasons if it's a hit. So there's that upside too.

There will also probably be a bit of time until the next movie after Ep9 right ? Unless they announce one of the B&W movies for Dec 2020. But this will leave HT relatively empty for OT figures. PT still have some to be done but not a huge amount.

I'm still hoping HT gets to some OT aliens if there are some in this TV series. Sort of ride off the series hype. That would be sweet.

The mandalorian isn't netflix at all.
It will be spearheading the Disney Play offering next year, alongside the simpsons, Episode 9 and all the MCU.

As its produced by disney you can be sure they'll be hot toys of it.

Exactly, but haters are going to be haters.....until they see this show. I just ignore them.

The potential for this is so big. First rate directors, $10M/episode budget, Filoni involved, Rogue One cinematographer, the time period (post Jedi).

Just the fact that it's TV and 8-10 hours in total. That's more than a movie trilogy, which is why character development can be far better for TV series.

Certainly shows better promise than anything Disney has done so far.

But why another Boba Fett?

Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

Have you watched Rebels or the Clone Wars ?

There's a whole Mandolorian history which Dave Filoni has established. This guy is a lone Mandolorian.

Sure he looks like Boba Fett, but so do all Mandolorians. It also helps with the marketing cause that look is recognisable to the casual viewer.

It could just as likely deal with him and the Star Wars underground. Picture how the SW universe could look like in the power vacuum after ROTJ with no Emperor/Vader and no Empire. No doubt the gangster mob (Hutts ?) would make their move ??

Maybe this guy is like a hit man for them ? Who knows.

But considering they had good success with Rogue One and it's "used universe" look. And they're using the R1 cinematographer, then I'd say it'll focus more on the underground scene in the outer rim and all the potential SW aliens we've already seen there.

One final point which I think is also very interesting is the fact that Jedi Luke in his prime is also kicking around in the universe. (Ie before TLJ hermit crap). Imagine showing Luke lighting up his green lightsaber at the end of Season 1. Then having him in Season 2 as a parallel story (searching for Jedi artefacts) which is shown from time to time next to the main story. Like the White Walker's or Dragons in GoT.

We've all seen the pictures of Sebastian Stan. And with Faverau Marvel connections.....

It's a real chance to see bad ass Luke in his prime. But no doubt many won't want to see another actor to play Luke.....

So that turned into a longer response than I anticipated but hope you can see the potential a bit more.

This format could have the most cohesive narrative in the new era if the story is being run by Favreau, Felloni & hopefully one day Claudia Grey.

I think Favreau's MCU experience will benefit him now just like Feige benefited from his work with Sony & Fox.

Story wise, it's interesting to discover how the New Republic runs the galaxy between the allies, former Imperials, loyalists, dealing with internal conflicts... etc.

They will benefit from the long form of storytelling the sequel trilogy couldn't achieve in live action due to the constraints of literal run time so hopefully this series will have a chance to breathe & focus on the little details where I just need a throwaway line about a natural resources military conflict near Hoth.

I'm also loving the idea of testing directors like Taika Watiti, Deborah Chow, Rick Famuyiwa & Bryce Dallas Howard instead of throwing them immediately under the burden of a Star Wars movie & Solo is a testament to that.

On the subject of toys, I don't think they'll miss this chance as long as the subject of money is on the table.

Favreau played Pre Vizsla in the Clone Wars so I presume he's comfortable writing a lore he's familiar with like the Mandalorians.

Edit: Hoody999 got into more details but I missed that post. :p

I’m very interested in this but personally I don’t want to get my hopes too high. Would like an extension of the OT, but since it’s Disney they might throw in too many precursors to the ST - explanations to new force powers and ST character lineage.

I’m very interested in this but personally I don’t want to get my hopes too high. Would like an extension of the OT, but since it’s Disney they might throw in too many precursors to the ST - explanations to new force powers and ST character lineage.

Yeah. Definitely something to not get too high hopes about. Having potential is one thing, but what Disney ends up doing with it is something else.

A similar fan conversation as this could have happened before Ep 7 and look how that went....

Is it just me or does the armor look even more streamlined here than ever? Not knocking it - I'm just getting an almost "Iron Man" vibe from the new suit.

THe series has potential and if it is good a figure would be cool. Love the idea of Luke popping up and sebistian Stan would work. Let’s have a boba fett survival cameo too thou.....

Back