Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I'm retiring from moderation, and will no longer have to care, I can hopefully regain my interest. :lol
dr-evil-cry.gif

Who reckons we’ll get an updated 1/4 Vader from Hot Toys because of the Kenobi show? They’ve been making that their new thing to bring out a new 1/4 figure once a Star Wars show airs. I personally don’t want one since I already got the old figure which is beyond amazing and the only reason I reallyyyyy don’t want a new one is because I’ll have to impulse buy another if there is a Hayden Christensen sculpt underneath the helmet 😂 I’m running out of room to store my stuff 😩
Yeah, a 1/4 Vader with scarred Hayden hs seems a no-brainer for this show. I always hoped they'd do a 1/4 scale ROTS Vader with Hayden hs but this will do just the same. The chances are the suit will also look a lot better than it did in ROTS, so win win.

It would also be very very cool if they did a 1/6 Vader with that throne we saw in the concept art. I'd definitely double-dip on Vader if that were the case, a 1/4 Vader to display with the hs and a 1/6 to display helmet on on the ''throne''.

obiwan3-640x422.jpg

I really hope we get that General Kenobi as a result of a flashback...
I’m worried we will only get kenobi from this series
We really need general kenobi, tpm kenobi, and aotc kenobi. I would take all of those over a Disney + kenobi no matter how good the show is. If there was ever a time for general kenobi it’s now. Ahsoka is supposed to ship, anakin is probably close behind, and the trailer dropped. The prototype was great and with rots kenobi really expensive, people will buy the general version. Why make sense…?

We all hyped up the BoBF and look how that turned out. Amazing how people will defend an inferior product while another branch of the company is on their 29th movie and 5th D+ show. I would say at least the Inquisitors are new, that they are for live action, but have adapted their animated looks badly. Not sure how you screw up a Thrawn, cause honestly that's the only figure I need from SW for the rest of time.
Personally I think this looks massively better than BoBF ever did. I never sensed a ton of excitement surrounding that show, and the trailers were all pretty underwhelming as well.

As for new figures, the only one I can see myself picking up so far is that badass female Inquisitor. The various Obi-Wan looks just don't look all that appealing as of yet.

Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. I would kind of dig a HT version of this Kenobi.

I gave up on BOBF halfway through and lost interest in it almost entirely. We'll see what comes of this. I'll give it a shot.

The Kenobi trailer looked pretty good. Although I got massive Ani vibes from little Luke “flying” his speeder and my eye twitched (PT PTSD).
Anyway, going into this with my mind open as much as possible.
May the Force be with us🖖

Last edited:
I find a lot of sculpts with beards to be iffy in execution. He's got like just enough going there that it hopefully won't be a problem sculpting.
Yeah I guess there is that risk, but he's got a few more lines in his face, so Hot Toys typically nail older men.

So should look really good I hope. Plus they'll be putting their A-team into this one considering the hype.

Back