Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enough years have passed since the PT, there are now people old enough who are nostalgic for even those films.
I wonder if the ST will have the same resurgence in 20 years? “Well, compared to this new SW content we’re are currently watching, you know, in 2042…..the ST wasn’t THAT bad…”
Cos you know Disney will still be crankin’ this stuff out until the sun dies. Sigh.

Enough years have passed since the PT, there are now people old enough who are nostalgic for even those films.
I wonder if the ST will have the same resurgence in 20 years? “Well, compared to this new SW content we’re are currently watching, you know, in 2042…..the ST wasn’t THAT bad…”
Cos you know Disney will still be crankin’ this stuff out until the sun dies. Sigh.
The fact that the old OT trolls won't be around to troll in every ST discussion in 20 years will improve things automatically.

The PT was popular with kids of the time. Those that grew up with it and love it as adults. I don't think kids care about the ST or Star Wars in general really. The MCU will be their Star Wars.

I have kids. I've taken them to school, picked them up from school, taken them to parties, taking them out on Halloween, bought presents for their friends for birthdays etc etc.
In all these years, I have only seen a single Star Wars backpack on a kid at school. It was a "The Mandalorian" backpack. Who knows how many hundreds of kids and their backpacks I've seen over the years at the school gates. A lot of Spiderman, lot of Iron Man, lots of Marvel. Lots of Batman. Hundreds of superhero backpacks. 1 Star Wars.
Lots of superhero themed birthday parties. Zero Star Wars. Lots of superhero toys and merchandise given to kids at these parties. Zero Star Wars.
On Halloween. Lots and lots of Spiderman. Of Iron Man. Of Batman. 1 Darth Vader once.
In my local toy shop the Star Wars stuff is in the same aisle as the Transformers stuff. My son loves transformers. All the many many times I've been in that toy shop, I've never seen a single child looking at the Star Wars stuff.
The low sales of Star Wars toys. The ST peg warmers that have sat there for years. The Star Wars displays that have shrunk and shrunk since Disney and the ST.
The PT merchandise sold very well.
Kids do not care about the ST. They do not care about Star Wars.
Back then, kids loved the PT. They cared about Star Wars. They grew up and still loved the PT. Now their own kids don't care about Star Wars, they don't care about the ST. They love and care about superheros and the MCU.

Last edited:
The PT was popular with kids of the time. Those that grew up with it and love it as adults. I don't think kids care about the ST or Star Wars in general really. The MCU will be their Star Wars.

This is a good point, while the PT wasn't loved by many of the adults, it was still very hot with kids and had merch that was all over the place that sold well and that continued into TCW. We don't have that with ST, besides TFA, but that might of been due to hype of SW returning to the big screen after a decade than the quality of the film.

Kids will be remembering Mando, Grogu and the rest of his supporting cast over the ST films.

Great points and conversation everyone! Yeah, my kids are more enthralled with the Mando stuff than the ST. I guess we'll have to see what's on the horizon. Has Patty Jenkins' Rogue Squadron been completely trashed, or is it still happening? That seemed like an interesting take.

Great points and conversation everyone! Yeah, my kids are more enthralled with the Mando stuff than the ST. I guess we'll have to see what's on the horizon. Has Patty Jenkins' Rogue Squadron been completely trashed, or is it still happening? That seemed like an interesting take.

Didn't she have the dreaded "creative differences" with KK? I think it's technically delayed rather than outright cancelled but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I have kids. I've taken them to school, picked them up from school, taken them to parties, taking them out on Halloween, bought presents for their friends for birthdays etc etc.
In all these years, I have only seen a single Star Wars backpack on a kid at school. It was a "The Mandalorian" backpack. Who knows how many hundreds of kids and their backpacks I've seen over the years at the school gates. A lot of Spiderman, lot of Iron Man, lots of Marvel. Lots of Batman. Hundreds of superhero backpacks. 1 Star Wars.
Lots of superhero themed birthday parties. Zero Star Wars. Lots of superhero toys and merchandise given to kids at these parties. Zero Star Wars.
On Halloween. Lots and lots of Spiderman. Of Iron Man. Of Batman. 1 Darth Vader once.
In my local toy shop the Star Wars stuff is in the same aisle as the Transformers stuff. My son loves transformers. All the many many times I've been in that toy shop, I've never seen a single child looking at the Star Wars stuff.
The low sales of Star Wars toys. The ST peg warmers that have sat there for years. The Star Wars displays that have shrunk and shrunk since Disney and the ST.
The PT merchandise sold very well.
Kids do not care about the ST. They do not care about Star Wars.
Back then, kids loved the PT. They cared about Star Wars. They grew up and still loved the PT. Now their own kids don't care about Star Wars, they don't care about the ST. They love and care about superheros and the MCU.
Great points. My son is a bit older but loved Clone Wars and that era of Lego building Star Wars stuff. Much of it was still using clone stuff from the PT of course.

When we went to watch Ep7, afterwards unprovoked he said "well that was pretty much a copy of the originals". Ep8 after the movie he said "that was crap". Ep9 he didn't even bother to come and watch.

You planning to live forever lol? Star Wars more than likely will mostly die with the "old trolls" you speak of.
That's what the delusional old people believe? I hate to break it to you but new fans will replace the toxic old people and star wars will go on.

1647438080696.gif

I was 33 when ROTS came out and now have so much nostalgia and love for the PT.
During the PT my son was at infant school and episodes 1 and 2 didn't seem to have that much resonance with kids, it was mainly people my age in Toys R Us buying stuff. By 2005 though and ROTS there was a playground full of kids with all the merchandise and pretending swinging lightsabers.
ST wise I now have zero interest, TFA was shallow but fun.

Back