Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying not to get too excited following the relative disappointment of BOBF. Yet, i can already see potential for half a dozen figures... including three inquisitors :cool:

I don't understand why there's already so much vitriol on this forum for something we just got a first look at today.

Nor do I understand why the moderators of this forum allow so many blatantly racist posts in the movie section.
Well the moderators probably agree with those people. That would explain why people were given free reign to poison all these threads.

Obviously an Obi-Wan and Vader will get made. Doubtful on all the Inquisitors and probably just Melon Man getting made from what I see so far.

I haven't said much because I'm still fairly new/lurky here, but I will admit that I'm often taken aback by the amount of toxic commentary I see in the figure threads -- enough that I've steered clear of posting because there's so little pushback that it starts to feels like they're just the accepted opinions on these boards.

Well the moderators probably agree with those people. That would explain why people were given free reign to poison all these threads.

Can't speak for all of them, but if moderators aren't reading every post, and the posts in question aren't reported how would they even know they existed?

There's so much rubbish on the forum that enforcing the rules as they stand would be a full time job. It can be a long enough job just conducting investigations, let alone trying to check every single new post in every thread.

I've spent too long here trying to clean the place up, but it's futile. I reached the point where I just don't care to waste my time on it any more, and would rather just go back to doing what I came here for in the first place: follow the world of 1/6. Hopefully that will be less depressing.

I haven't said much because I'm still fairly new/lurky here, but I will admit that I'm often taken aback by the amount of toxic commentary I see in the figure threads -- enough that I've steered clear of posting because there's so little pushback that it starts to feels like they're just the accepted opinions on these boards.
I sort of ignore all of the political back and forth. I skim around for the commentary that interests me, either about the movie or figures and focus on that. I do not agree with the political perspectives that many share but I do tend to agree with their points of view on the figures, so that's where I focus. Some of my favorite people on here have 180 degree views from my own when it comes to politics but I don't let the toxic stuff bug me.

That's been the way of the internet for what seems years now.

You can only moderate the manner in which opinions are expressed, unless the opinions themselves are of an inappropriate nature.

You can't moderate against negativity, unless it's a clear case of trolling.

I sort of ignore all of the political back and forth. I skim around for the commentary that interests me, either about the movie or figures and focus on that. I do not agree with the political perspectives that many share but I do tend to agree with their points of view on the figures, so that's where I focus. Some of my favorite people on here have 180 degree views from my own when it comes to politics but I don't let the toxic stuff bug me.

Which is why politics is a forbidden subject here.

I've had to delete plenty of political posts.

Moderating, if done properly, has to be a hobby in itself since it's all voluntary. When it no longer became fun it began to kill the interest in the reason I was here in the first place: 1/6.

Can't speak for all of them, but if moderators aren't reading every post, and the posts in question aren't reported how would they even know they existed?

There's so much rubbish on the forum that enforcing the rules as they stand would be a full time job. It can be a long enough job just conducting investigations, let alone trying to check every single new post in every thread.

I've spent too long here trying to clean the place up, but it's futile. I reached the point where I just don't care to waste my time on it any more, and would rather just go back to doing what I came here for in the first place: follow the world of 1/6. Hopefully that will be less depressing.
There is no excuse for the same people to go around turning every all these star wars threads into toxic zones. I saw the Obi Wan trailer and I was more excited than I have ever been for any of the streaming star wars. I excitedly came here to read the threads and I see a bunch of angry white men bashing the series and complaining because the cast black people in the series. These people are not going to stop unless someone does their job and make them stop. Now everytime a trailer features someone of color that these people deem don't belong they will be going on racist rants with zero consequences.

It should not be hard to at very least relegate their hate filled posts to the movie threads and away from the figure threads.

*munching popcorn*

So.... The Inquisitors are Cenobites now? Interesting development, altho not very in line with Disney core values, I would think.

Disney has such sights to show us!

I' d watch a show with Doug Bradley as an Inquisitor, no lie. At least he knows how to project menace, a problem all SW villains have except for Vader. And Tarkin, he was pretty on-key with all that.

For instance i found Moff Gideon to be a huge yawn.

Obviously an Obi-Wan and Vader will get made. Doubtful on all the Inquisitors and probably just Melon Man getting made from what I see so far.

A deluxe Obi-Wan with Jedi garb and Tatooïne rags would be perfect. We'll likely get prototypes for inquisitors. I'd love for Hot Toys to release that female imperial Officer as well.

Man they nailed it with the music for the trailer, going from Duel of the Fates right into Battle of Heroes was a great idea.

Just a teaser trailer, but that GI design definitely stands out..not sure what they did there, he looks so damn puffy.

yptliyqdtem81.jpg

Man they nailed it with the music for the trailer, going from Duel of the Fates right into Battle of Heroes was a great idea.

Just a teaser trailer, but that GI design definitely stands out..not sure what they did there, he looks so damn puffy.

yptliyqdtem81.jpg

Yep. It's not just a case of translating the animated version to live action. Your comparison perfectly shows how bad GI looks compared to the ROTS version of his species.
It's such a shame. He was the only bad thing in the trailer (though I didn't think any of the Inquisitors look all that great)

yptliyqdtem81.jpg
Maybe Lobot turned to the dark side.

lobot-empire-strikes-back-film-still-feature-700x375-1-1280x720.jpg

Yep. It's not just a case of translating the animated version to live action. Your comparison perfectly shows how bad GI looks compared to the ROTS version of his species.
It's such a shame. He was the only bad thing in the trailer (though I didn't think any of the Inquisitors look all that great)

Yeah not sure what they're thinking there, as the Rebels animated form also had the long slender looking head. The Fifth Brother looked a bit on the short end as well, he had a pretty imposing size in Rebels.

Really my only complaint about the trailer, just stands out a bit as we know the Inquisitors are our big bads for the first few episodes before Kenobi wipes the floor with them.

Maybe Lobot turned to the dark side.

lobot-empire-strikes-back-film-still-feature-700x375-1-1280x720.jpg

Lando never really treated this poor man with the respect he deserved.

Back