Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the Hutt Twins, I prefer a SS statue like Jabba.

If they can nail her likeness, Garsa Fwip is a buy for sure. She has a detailed outfit and head dress so I think she needs to be of high importance and has a lot of screen time before HT will consider making her. Same for the Mayor.

I’m surprised no one has called her a Mary Sue. She never fails or is defeated and almost single handedly took down a whole train car of Pykes.
Please don’t, we’re only just getting over Beta Fett and Boba Fatt :p The wounds are still too fresh. Tbh though I was thinking the same thing yesterday, and surprised no-one mentioned it yet. I can tell you from reading the Kenobi novel that female Tuskens are not to be messed with.

I found these videos interesting, especially the one from Star Wars explained regarding Boba’s journey from Kid in PT, to Bounty hunter in OT to becoming a leader in BOBF. Seems like classic storytelling elements to me and even the water can be very symbolic. I never even noticed the Female warrior Tusken being a representation to Fett of his original enforcer/taking orders role of the Warrior and the Chief being an analogue of Vader. The whole dynamic in the Tusken tribe likely inspires Boba to become more than just a hired gun.

Please don’t, we’re only just getting over Beta Fett and Boba Fatt :p The wounds are still too fresh. Tbh though I was thinking the same thing yesterday, and surprised no-one mentioned it yet. I can tell you from reading the Kenobi novel that female Tuskens are not to be messed with.
Yep, totally don't want to go there. She's probably trained from birth, and has earned the title of best warrior.

Nothing to see here, move along....

I’m surprised no one has called her a Mary Sue. She never fails or is defeated and almost single handedly took down a whole train car of Pykes.
Native that has likely spent all of her life in that tribe, fighting to survive in a dessert wasteland, shunned by society VS Junker that immediately unlocks any force power that she needs access to in that specific moment with no training.
Surprised no-one has mentioned wanting a Max Rebo yet...😁
Goes without mentioning, really.

I guess he only appeals to the older collectors who got the Sideshow band members etc. Otherwise where would he go ?
That’s it. Would love a ROTJ Max Rebo Band set. What’s the point in having Max Rebo without Sy Snootles and Droopy McCool? That’s like having Ringo without John, Paul, and George.

I guess he only appeals to the older collectors who got the Sideshow band members etc. Otherwise where would he go ?
True. Something different for the shelf.
maxrebo-music.gif

Well, two episodes in and my list is:

Definite
  • Black Krrsantan
  • Hutt Twins
  • Female Tusken Warrior (I don't think the show has confirmed gender, but the character is portrayed by a female stunt person)
  • Tusken Chief
  • Bantha (I miss Sideshow's creatures, aliens, droid and environments. Why that hasn't been replaced is beyond me)
Would Consider
  • Garsa Fwip
  • Mayor Mok Shaiz
  • Tusken brat (don't see as a standalone, but HT might throw in the Tusken child and a massiff as a deluxe with either the chief or warrior)
If Character Shows Up...
  • Cad Bane
  • Qi'ra (preferably some option that would allow for her Solo look)
  • Bossk
  • Rancor (It's a longshot, but wouldn't be surprised if Boba ended up with a replacement baby Rancor for his own menagerie)
I think they'll definitely release Black Krrsantan and the Gamorean Guard. I also think the Tuskan Warrior and Chief are strong possibilities and would make an excellent 2-pack. I'm not too sure about the Hutt Twins. It's kind of weird for them to be made before Jabba.

Seems the guys have been busy on Wookiepedia. Looks like I'll be using "Black K" from now on.

Black Krrsantan

Black Krrsantan, nicknamed "Santy," "BK," or "Black K" by Doctor Aphra, was a male Wookiee bounty hunter whose career spanned from during the rule of the Galactic Empire into the era of the New Republic. Originally captured from his homeworld Kashyyyk and trained by the infamous Xonti Brothers as a gladiator, Krrsantan later became a ferocious bounty hunter. He was regularly hired by the crime lord Jabba the Hutt and at one point, was hired by Darth Vader during the Galactic Civil War to track down and capture an agent of the Emperor.

Seems the guys have been busy on Wookiepedia. Looks like I'll be using "Black K" from now on.

Black Krrsantan

Black Krrsantan, nicknamed "Santy," "BK," or "Black K" by Doctor Aphra, was a male Wookiee bounty hunter whose career spanned from during the rule of the Galactic Empire into the era of the New Republic. Originally captured from his homeworld Kashyyyk and trained by the infamous Xonti Brothers as a gladiator, Krrsantan later became a ferocious bounty hunter. He was regularly hired by the crime lord Jabba the Hutt and at one point, was hired by Darth Vader during the Galactic Civil War to track down and capture an agent of the Emperor.
I'll go with BK, Burger King.

Black Krrsantan

Looks like Black Kyrgyzstan is official.

23199DA7-392C-46E4-921A-5238348212FD.jpeg

Finally got the chance to watch episode 2.
Much improved over the first. Shame episode 1 was so short and lacklustre, full of Fett doing dumb stuff. That episode had to happen, to get the set up and initial story going etc (though I wish it was executed better) but I really think they should have released the first 2 episodes at the same time. It wasn't a great way to start a new series like this.
The additional 15-20 mins really helped this episode too. Wish they were more consistent with the runtimes. Hopefully episode 3 won't be a short one.
Mando had the same problem.
Curious where it will go next. I think the Tusken flashbacks have reached a natural break in its story. Hopefully we'll get something else from Boba's past.
Perhaps come back around to the Tuskens later. Explain why Boba decided to leave them perhaps?
Of the 2 story threads, flashbacks and current day crimelord stuff, I'm more entertained by the flashbacks. Finding the crimelord stuff a little dull. Obviously they're building up to something, but so far I'm not really that engaged with the Lord Fett stuff.
We've had a little glimpse to Boba's childhood in a couple of flashbacks now. Wonder if they're building up to a Jango flashback, similar to how they built up to the Deathwatch rescuing Din flashback in Mando season 1.
Wookie with the silly name. He seems interesting. Looking forward to seeing more of him. Hope this wasn't just a quick cameo to confirm his existence in live action before disappearing from BoBF to make his full appearance in another D+ series.
Boba really needs to get recruiting. The Hutts have their own private armies and fleets. His "crime empire" can't just be his girlfriend and a couple of portly pig dudes.
I suspect they'll use the appearance of Jabba's relatives to make Boba realise this but I still think the penny should have dropped earlier.

Last edited:
Just to make sure I have it correct, "The Mandalorian" takes place 5 years after the events of ROTJ, right?

If that is the case, then it took Boba Fett approximately 5 years to recover his armor. Did he spend those 5 years with the Tusken tribe? He was wearing the black Tusken robes when we first see a glimpse of him in The Mandalorian. That would explain the emphasis being given to his time with the Tuskens. It wasn't just to recover physically but to offer him a new path to follow. I can accept that, story-wise. At least it isn't an instant character change but gradual, over a 5 year time-frame. But that doesn't excuse his actions in the first episode.

As for which new characters to purchase, if made available, there really isn't a lot that I would be ready to throw $250+ at, at the moment. I personally can't justify picking up every new character being introduced, especially if just briefly shown. My quick list based on just the two new episodes would be the female Tusken and hopefully she comes with the mastif/dog thing. I wouldn't mind a pair of the Gamorreans but as bare-boned as they are, they will be ridiculously expensive, I feel. Those are it. So far.

At this point, i need two gammoreanns and two tuskens to go with either version of boba. I just love the main character flanked by some grunts.

Just to make sure I have it correct, "The Mandalorian" takes place 5 years after the events of ROTJ, right?

If that is the case, then it took Boba Fett approximately 5 years to recover his armor. Did he spend those 5 years with the Tusken tribe? He was wearing the black Tusken robes when we first see a glimpse of him in The Mandalorian. That would explain the emphasis being given to his time with the Tuskens. It wasn't just to recover physically but to offer him a new path to follow. I can accept that, story-wise. At least it isn't an instant character change but gradual, over a 5 year time-frame. But that doesn't excuse his actions in the first episode.

As for which new characters to purchase, if made available, there really isn't a lot that I would be ready to throw $250+ at, at the moment. I personally can't justify picking up every new character being introduced, especially if just briefly shown. My quick list based on just the two new episodes would be the female Tusken and hopefully she comes with the mastif/dog thing. I wouldn't mind a pair of the Gamorreans but as bare-boned as they are, they will be ridiculously expensive, I feel. Those are it. So far.

Yes, 5 years since ROTJ, so it took Boba that long to recover his armour and go about this crime lord lark.
After these "dances with Tuskens" flashbacks, we now know he had fallen in with the Tuskens and presumably spent the 5 years with them.
I'm curious what will be the catalyst for Boba leaving his new family/tribe.

For me, Tusken Chief and Tusken Warrior would be tempting.
Wookie with black fur and silly name - if done well, would be a cracking figure. A must have I think. HT doesn't have a very good track record with Wookies in my opinion. But if they nail it this time....

Back