Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember that user account. Not sure how much interaction I had with you back in the day...

Asta does seem like a more cool and collected person. 😎😁

Forums can be a double edged sword, depending whether they're on an upward or downward trend. Things felt so bad at one time it dragged me down.

Churchill characterised his depression as a 'black dog'. Since a young age I've always thought of it as a 'black pit'. Sometimes it takes a lot of effort to step away and drive dark thoughts away.

A forum can act as an easy invitation to the abyss. :lol

I deleted almost six and a half thousand Kuat of Kuat posts, which was quite therapeutic. Think I was only away for a few weeks, and as a collector there's the urge to be engaged in the wider aspects of the hobby.

So I created Asta, whose cheeky face was intended to constantly remind me to be considerate. To give people the benefit of the doubt, to replace argument with considered debate, and above all to be honest. Honesty is sometimes a tricky one, because writing how you really feel about certain things is liable to create friction. Sometimes it's better to just to not write anything, though that isn't always easy!

(The signature I opted for is Asta hiding in plain sight, because that's what I was doing when I returned!)

For me it's simply about a fun hobby. I come here to talk about it, joke around a bit, get some ideas from collector photos/setups/mods etc and that's about it.

It's no different to real life. Treat others as you would yourself.

If you find yourself being attacked by multiple people then it's time to have a look in the mirror or simply accept that you have a different opinion and move on. You're not going to change peoples minds by being a keyboard warrior on here.

But enough on that, back to the Star Wars figures talk and the strength of Ming Na Wen's hug ! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Do you think John Boyega snitched on security to throw you out?

I'm not sure how these parties work, but I'd figure once you're in, you're in. Security showing up and asking for credentials all of a sudden after that seems to me like he ratted you out.

I didn't really think of that. Maybe it was just since the security guard on Daisy & Boyega's side didn't have much going on, he decided to just be a dick? Then again, maybe because I was the only one taking pics with people, he just caught on?:dunno But I wasn't even mad at that point, I was ready to hang out with my friends at the other after-party with the regular people:lol

Forums can be a double edged sword, depending whether they're on an upward or downward trend. Things felt so bad at one time it dragged me down.

Churchill characterised his depression as a 'black dog'. Since a young age I've always thought of it as a 'black pit'. Sometimes it takes a lot of effort to step away and drive dark thoughts away.

A forum can act as an easy invitation to the abyss. :lol

I deleted almost six and a half thousand Kuat of Kuat posts, which was quite therapeutic. Think I was only away for a few weeks, and as a collector there's the urge to be engaged in the wider aspects of the hobby.

So I created Asta, whose cheeky face was intended to constantly remind me to be considerate. To give people the benefit of the doubt, to replace argument with considered debate, and above all to be honest. Honesty is sometimes a tricky one, because writing how you really feel about certain things is liable to create friction. Sometimes it's better to just to not write anything, though that isn't always easy!

(The signature I opted for is Asta hiding in plain sight, because that's what I was doing when I returned!)
I'll be honest - I had to Google Asta the dog. :monkey2:monkey3:chase

I didn't really think of that. Maybe it was just since the security guard on Daisy & Boyega's side didn't have much going on, he decided to just be a dick? Then again, maybe because I was the only one taking pics with people, he just caught on?:dunno But I wasn't even mad at that point, I was ready to hang out with my friends at the other after-party with the regular people:lol
Right, that could've been why the guard caught on, yes.

Anyways, it must have been an amazing experience nonetheless. It sure sounds awesome. I don't think I would've been able to talk and mingle like you did. Come to think of it, I probably wouldn't even get in there in the first place. :lol

Or Harrison was going straight to the head of security, and he really is a **** :ROFLMAO:

How many people were there ? Seems like it was relatively small.

I'll be honest - I had to Google Asta the dog. :monkey2:monkey3:chase

tumblr_c6f6c38eb7f3c5efef408e6c846c80dc_1ba79d3b_540.gif

I'm due for a rewatch of The Thin Man series. :)

Or Harrison was going straight to the head of security, and he really is a **** :ROFLMAO:

How many people were there ? Seems like it was relatively small.

Yeah, maybe a couple hundred people? You can see where I bump into Pedro at the end here:lol

Yeah, maybe a couple hundred people? You can see where I bump into Pedro at the end here:lol

View attachment 535836
You'll need better evidence than that to convince theDucky :p We want birth certificates, DNA tests etc.

I really wish you had a picture of Daisy Ridley giving you the finger. Was she doing it in a playful way or a ''**** off don't talk to me I'm too important'' kind of way?

Btw definitely going to need to see some of those pics you took with Kathy. I'm glad she was okay with you. I definitely don't agree with every decision she makes but it's nice to see she had time to talk to fans, that alters my opinion of her slightly. Nice to hear she's a decent human being.

Last edited:
You'll need better evidence than that to convince theDucky :p We want birth certificates, DNA tests etc.

I really wish you had a picture of Daisy Ridley giving you the finger. Was she doing it in a playful way or a ''**** off don't talk to me I'm too important'' kind of way?

Btw definitely going to need to see some of those pics you took with Kathy. I'm she was okay with you. I definitely don't agree with every decision she makes but it's nice to see she had time to talk to fans, that alters my opinion of her slightly. Nice to hear she's a decent human being.
Next time, I’ll be sure to prick fingers and get blood samples for internet evidence:lol
I can’t say Daisy was being playful, she was just REALLY REALLY into whatever she was doing on her phone so I wasn’t just gonna stand there any longer than I comfortably felt for.

Here’s some with KK. Took the first one and then said those X-Wings are awesome and she said, “let’s get them in the back then.” I was never her biggest supporter with what she did with the ST but she was the most polite President of a multi-billion dollar company I’ve ever met:lol

2F0C5594-EDF2-41D1-8298-8910187B6F8E.jpeg

F3D2988E-5413-410A-8241-C01318CA8DE1.jpeg

Next time, I’ll be sure to prick fingers and get blood samples for internet evidence:lol
I can’t say Daisy was being playful, she was just REALLY REALLY into whatever she was doing on her phone so I wasn’t just gonna stand there any longer than I comfortably felt for.

Here’s some with KK. Took the first one and then said those X-Wings are awesome and she said, “let’s get them in the back then.” I was never her biggest supporter with what she did with the ST but she was the most polite President of a multi-billion dollar company I’ve ever met:lol

View attachment 535841

View attachment 535840
Haha nice! That's a sincere-looking smile. From this day forward I shall judge the person separately from the job. It's actually heartwarming to hear that she is a nice person rather than the demon others (me included) thought she was :p I'll behave myself and be a good boy in future :ROFLMAO:

Haha nice! That's a sincere-looking smile. From this day forward I shall judge the person separately from the job. It's actually heartwarming to hear that she is a nice person rather than the demon others (me included) thought she was :p I'll behave myself and be a good boy in future :ROFLMAO:
I guess taking a BIG step back and perhaps giving her a LOT of latitude. George gave her the keys, and she was simply the wrong person. She should have realised that as far as the creative side and found someone like Filoni earlier on.

I still can't forgive her for not having a plan, and forcing all that social justice stuff.

There was a reason I stopped using my old account and created a new one. Kuat of Kuat was getting sucked down into that hell hole.

I had to get out, pause, reassess and reinvent myself as a good dog.

I had to do the exact same thing, as far as changing my ways. I kept the same account, but things are much less combative these days.

What i finally figured out is that online wars are exhausting and they dont make me happy, or other people happy either. Its just not any fun.

I had to do the exact same thing, as far as changing my ways. I kept the same account, but things are much less combative these days.

What i finally figured out is that online wars are exhausting and they dont make me happy, or other people happy either. Its just not any fun.

Yes, there's no point in fighting. You can only present your argument calmly, and it's better if it's supported by something apart from mere opinion - as that's when things tend to get really messy!

I guess taking a BIG step back and perhaps giving her a LOT of latitude. George gave her the keys, and she was simply the wrong person. She should have realised that as far as the creative side and found someone like Filoni earlier on.

I still can't forgive her for not having a plan, and forcing all that social justice stuff.
Nail on the head with the creative stuff. In the early years of Disney SW it certainly seemed she was the one making those creative decisions, with little input from those she should've been receiving input from (i.e. Favreau, Filoni). It definitely shows in the ST. The terrible reception of those movies and the bombing at the box-office of Solo (a movie I've often championed) seemed to change things. Then Disney+ came along and we all know the rest. Maybe she realised at that stage it was right to take a step back from the creative side. Or other powerful figures at Disney realised it and forced her hand. However, the upcoming movies certainly have a feel of ''Kathy in full creative control'' about them.

There's no doubt above her credentials outside of Star Wars however, as both a producer and executive producer: Gremlins, Back to the Future, The Goonies, E.T., Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, The Sixth Sense, Munich etc. I can see why George handed the reins to her.

I've never liked her political agenda. Star Wars is as much a place for inclusivity and diversity as anywhere, but it's done incredibly clumsily at times (see the High Republic as a perfect example). It borders on being offensive to those it's trying to champion (e.g. the a-sexual guy and his rock in the HR). Then again Disney is such an overtly woke company that whatever they put out, be it Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar etc., will always be agenda-driven. I doubt even if you put Favreau in charge of Star Wars much would change in that regard.

Yes, there's no point in fighting. You can only present your argument calmly, and it's better if it's supported by something apart from mere opinion - as that's when things tend to get really messy!
This place got nothing on Twitter though. Proper cesspit over there when things get going.

I rarely go to Twitter. Only when somebody links to something from a forum.

I used to read Trump's Twitter page occasionally because it was completely bonkers. :lol
I use it regularly - not to tweet but just to view others. Follow the right accounts and it's a good experience - mainly for sport and film related stuff. I also follow a lot of AMP artists. 🙌

I use it regularly - not to tweet but just to view others. Follow the right accounts and it's a good experience - mainly for sport and film related stuff. I also follow a lot of AMP artists. 🙌

Forums are my favourite format, then Facebook mainly for retailers and figure news.

Facebook feels a little less ephemeral now that most pages have a search function. In the past you could be scrolling for ten minutes trying to find something you saw previously!

Back