Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the Jedi robes that Luke wore at the end of TFA. It was rather holy looking. I wonder what JJ would've done with him, but I'm sure it would still be disappointing.
Yep most probably. I can remember hearing that rumour of the Knights of Ren and a fight between them, Luke and Rey. That seemed so obvious, but anyway thinking about the ST just depresses me. Let's change the topic.

Have any of you seen the work of this Shamook guy who Lucasfilm hired for Deepfake tech in their upcoming projects.....see spoiler for the obvious character he must be working on.

Spoiler Spoiler:

This one of Han is unbelievable.

And Tom Selleck at Indy !! Looks so convincing ! No wonder they hired him !

Have any of you seen the work of this Shamook guy who Lucasfilm hired for Deepfake tech in their upcoming projects.....see spoiler for the obvious character he must be working on.

Yep, read the comments that confirmed that. Those Deepfakes are epic and glad they hired him. The Luke one blows away what they did on Mando. He did a Tobey one over Holland and wow it looks perfect.

Definitely skipping Mando Luke after seeing this officially licenced Luke poster from Comic Con...

It gives me goosebumps looking at that.

It might be officially licensed but it's still just fan art.

....but officially licensed is the exact opposite of fan art.

Im actually kind of dismayed by this new art. It gives me the feeling we're not going to Mandalore after all, that we're going to keep on bEing Grogu-centric and my heart is sad. I do hope Im wrong. Is Luke about to be a main character? This is not the way.

Dont get me wrong i love Grogu and i dont want him to completely vanish, was just hoping for a new direction.

*grumpy* i want more Mandos

Not sure how one even makes that leap?
Yeah it's licensed art, yet still just presumptive concept, of them building a lighstaber together as part of his training, Entertaining a part of the story they are implicitly not following, in an arc which had a solid first quest fulfilled end, for Mando.
If it's ever referenced anywhere as canon or not is irrelevant, just seems a clever, fun, speculative idea to capture in a poster, with little bearing beyond the idea.
Personally would have gone for a more blue-green/cyan/aqua color crystal for Grogu's choice, but yellow is ok.

Also the oft hellion Grogu with a sabre, seems like a dangerous liability. Luke better have Beskar suits for all the other kids. Especially on mail day when the other parents send cookies:lol

As for Mando S3 they clearly set-up the next Quest separate from Grogu; return (to rule/free) Mandalor. Different factions, different "ways" at odds, who will wield /surrender the Darksaber, etc....

They aren't doing a Luke show, neither young CG or with Sebastian Stan LOL! as other indicate D' don't like the character they've ruined him enough, we are lucky Favreau was able to smuggle in this one showing, of the once positive, hopeful Luke, to end his first arc.
D's narrative takes him to a complete piece of s...t coward, failure, who hides from his friends, betrayed everything he learned and was, slave to Jedi dogma he never blindly followed, consumed by hopelessness and fear.
Their's is a different character.

And how half the freakin internet got taken in by that obvious Mark Hamill/Sebastian Stan ridiculous composite, so much that they think he's young Hamill reincarnate, is hysterical. LOL!

Last edited:

Yeah, he’s done some amazing work. On Lucasfilm’s budget he could achieve brilliant things. A very clever move by LF. I think this could even lead to the possibility of seeing Han and Leia in the Mandalorian timeline (or Mandoverse as chrisstruthers would call it). I bet he could also do a better job of de-aging or deepfaking Samuel L Jackson than whoever did it for Captain Marvel.

He's definitely gonna work on making Harrison look perfect for Indy 5 since it's such a huge part of the plot between the flashback and mapping him onto stunt doubles.

I hope they leave Luke alone. He doesn’t need a show or to be in the mandalorian any more than he was. He had a wonderful cameo after the raping he got in the Disney trilogy. We got to see the Luke we should have seen after 30 years. That’s it. Leave him with grogu and let din go off to mandalore with bo katan. That should be season 3. I’m sure he will reunite with grogu somewhere along the way, but I hope they stay away from Luke. He served his purpose in the show.
that said, I would love a dark empire Luke.

I hope they leave Luke alone. He doesn’t need a show or to be in the mandalorian any more than he was. He had a wonderful cameo after the raping he got in the Disney trilogy. We got to see the Luke we should have seen after 30 years. That’s it. Leave him with grogu and let din go off to mandalore with bo katan. That should be season 3. I’m sure he will reunite with grogu somewhere along the way, but I hope they stay away from Luke. He served his purpose in the show.
that said, I would love a dark empire Luke.
Mickey will milk every penny out of Luke. All that excitement at the end of Mando, oh, you're getting more Luke. You just hope he is in the right hands like Favreau.

Mickey will milk every penny out of Luke. All that excitement at the end of Mando, oh, you're getting more Luke. You just hope he is in the right hands like Favreau.
I’m scared 😟 here’s hoping Favreau is involved with any Luke stuff

I see it as Filoni and Faverau being able to right the ST wrongs as far as Luke is concerned. I would totally be up for Luke post ROTJ looking for Jedi artefacts and the adventures associated with that.

I've pretty much written off the ST as even existing in my head Canon, so a show with Luke using modern deep fake tech to make it almost flawless (even in moving scenes with Mark Hamill voicing) would be perfect to round out the characters end (pre ST) imo.

I see it as Filoni and Faverau being able to right the ST wrongs as far as Luke is concerned. I would totally be up for Luke post ROTJ looking for Jedi artefacts and the adventures associated with that.

I've pretty much written off the ST as even existing in my head Canon, so a show with Luke using modern deep fake tech to make it almost flawless (even in moving scenes with Mark Hamill voicing) would be perfect to round out the characters end (pre ST) imo.

The ST is no more than a "What if...?" story to me. That or a nightmare, because it's just as applicable. lol

The EU novels feel much more canon and in keeping with the characters we grew to know throughout the OT.

While the EU had good characters drawn to the dark side, Ben Solo/Kylo Ren was such a pathetic entity that I never could believe in him. So him killing Han was a depressingly cheap shot.

I don't think Star Wars has ever been the place to be as darkly depressing, to kill off the heroes who were our gateway to adventure in such a dismal manner. The sentiment might work in other licenses, but to me Star Wars was the Flash Gordon serial Lucas never got the rights to. It's about adventure, exploring strange planets and cultures, and the big themes of the hero's journey, in a constant battle against the Empire, or gangsters, or other alien threats.

Nightmares can be interesting and can have an element of 'fun' to them. The ST was neither.

:exactly:

There are certain dreamed nightmares that don't make any sense either. You wake up and try to work out what it all meant, but it was so messed up you really can't.

The ST fits into that. It seemed to start off in a pretty standard manner, but just grew more and more bizarre until I gave up. TLJ was the only one I put much thought into, but those thoughts were inspired by things outside the Star Wars universe itself.

The EU, by contrast, was more organically connected. Much of it also exhibited the various authors' love for the universe and its characters.

The ST was characterised by destroying the legacies of the old heroes. Like a scorched earth policy to clear the way for new characters and a new vision.

I can see why Howard Chan saw The Mandalorian as "...like the dawn after the dark. Especially Luke, he was redeemed, unlike episode 8."

The ST was a double whammy for him. Not only disappointing film-wise, but, "The sales were awful."

It's no wonder we're seeing so much Hot Toys love poured onto The Mandalorian. For Howard it's a return to the very things that initially made him a Star Wars fan.

Last edited:
The EU novels feel much more canon and in keeping with the characters we grew to know throughout the OT.

While the EU had good characters drawn to the dark side, Ben Solo/Kylo Ren was such a pathetic entity that I never could believe in him. So him killing Han was a depressingly cheap shot.

I don't think Star Wars has ever been the place to be as darkly depressing, to kill off the heroes who were our gateway to adventure in such a dismal manner. The sentiment might work in other licenses, but to me Star Wars was the Flash Gordon serial Lucas never got the rights to. It's about adventure, exploring strange planets and cultures, and the big themes of the hero's journey, in a constant battle against the Empire, or gangsters, or other alien threats.

The Timothy Zahn trilogy IS the sequel trilogy in my head canon. I'm pretty sure Favreau feels the same. Let's put it this way The Mandalorian has far more in common with the Zahn trilogy than it does with the sequels, and that's no coincidence.

I used to be dead against retconning the ST, as even though I dislike the movies myself there is an audience out there for them. Ultimately though they add absolutely nothing positive to the story. With the way The Mandalorian is going and the possibilities that Ahsoka and the world between worlds throws up then I'm all in on relegating those movies to ''others''. At the end of the day this is all fiction and each person can decide what they consider canon. In my head the EU books and comics are more canon than that bloody half-assed abomination of a sequel trilogy will ever be. I 100% trust Favreau and Filoni to do it tastefully.

The Timothy Zahn trilogy IS the sequel trilogy in my head canon. I'm pretty sure Favreau feels the same. Let's put it this way The Mandalorian has far more in common with the Zahn trilogy than it does with the sequels, and that's no coincidence.

The growth of the EU through novels was a great time. With the actors getting older, and no sign of any new films, this was keeping the universe alive, and expanding it with adventures while the heroes were still in their prime.

For me it began with Brian Daley's Han Solo trilogy, and then L. Neil Smith's Lando trilogy.

It was a travesty that so much of it was cast aside in favour of a new vision that was essentially soulless.

In a similar vein, while the only Star Wars on television was Ewoks and Droids, I dreamed of what it would be like to have a live action series. At one point - I think it was when Star Wars video games were using live action cut scenes - a series was mooted. Of course, nothing came of it.

The Mandalorian really is the dawn after darkness.

The growth of the EU through novels was a great time. With the actors getting older, and no sign of any new films, this was keeping the universe alive, and expanding it with adventures while the heroes were still in their prime.

For me it began with Brian Daley's Han Solo trilogy, and then L. Neil Smith's Lando trilogy.

It was a travesty that so much of it was cast aside in favour of a new vision that was essentially soulless.

In a similar vein, while the only Star Wars on television was Ewoks and Droids, I dreamed of what it would be like to have a live action series. At one point - I think it was when Star Wars video games were using live action cut scenes - a series was mooted. Of course, nothing came of it.

The Mandalorian really is the dawn after darkness.
Someone at Disney found that secret stash of source material that Kathleen Kennedy didn't realise existed.

I suppose we have to remember that Favreau and Filoni have nearly 30 years of the timeline to play with. Who cares what happened in the ST when all's said and done? It's not like those films made any effort whatsoever to fill in the timeline or took time to do any world-building. Everything that happened between ROTJ and TFA is blank.

Watching The Mandalorian has made me want to go back and re-read everything in the EU. Six months in and I'm completely finished with the Old Republic era: books, comics, games, short stories. Mando really does make you feel like you're in the EU.

I think someone at Lucasfilm has realised this is what people want, which is why they're re-releasing many of the EU novels and re-printing many of the Dark Horse comics in omnibus form. There's a real push by them to get this material in the public consciousness again.

Back