Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love Solo. Where the **** is my Lando figure?!
tumblr_ppv19kY1Kw1y6jxgjo1_500.gif

Someone at Disney found that secret stash of source material that Kathleen Kennedy didn't realise existed.

I suppose we have to remember that Favreau and Filoni have nearly 30 years of the timeline to play with. Who cares what happened in the ST when all's said and done? It's not like those films made any effort whatsoever to fill in the timeline or took time to do any world-building. Everything that happened between ROTJ and TFA is blank.

Watching The Mandalorian has made me want to go back and re-read everything in the EU. Six months in and I'm completely finished with the Old Republic era: books, comics, games, short stories. Mando really does make you feel like you're in the EU.

I think someone at Lucasfilm has realised this is what people want, which is why they're re-releasing many of the EU novels and re-printing many of the Dark Horse comics in omnibus form. There's a real push by them to get this material in the public consciousness again.

I wonder if their lack of zeal to use anything from the EU had anything to do with *gasp* having to pay some authors for their ideas re film rights? I am not sure how that works. Disney. One of the biggest corporations ever, being too cheap to pay some poor author a few thousand dollars. Who'd a thunk it? Well that decision certainly came back to bite them, because their billion-dollar flop of a ST certainly did not meet expectations or engender even the tiniest smidgen of fan nostalgia.

Totally personified by Kylo Ren killing Solo. The problem here is that Kylo *was not worthy* to kill him. We knew almost nothing about Kylo. Why would we care that he fell to the dark side? We didnt even know him! Why would he kill his father? How would the moviegoer know, we dont even *need* to know that right? WRONG.

A nice little movie detailing what went on in the actually-quite-interesting Kylo Ren comic trilogy of books would have solved that nicely. Are the Knights of Ren some guys in hot costumes chillin' on your average mesa, or did they have a purpose which was central to what happened? Disney: YOU DONT NEED TO KNOW, RUBES

Well if y'want a successful ST, we kinda do need to know. Disney, do better.

I wonder if their lack of zeal to use anything from the EU had anything to do with *gasp* having to pay some authors for their ideas re film rights? I am not sure how that works. Disney. One of the biggest corporations ever, being too cheap to pay some poor author a few thousand dollars. Who'd a thunk it? Well that decision certainly came back to bite them, because their billion-dollar flop of a ST certainly did not meet expectations or engender even the tiniest smidgen of fan nostalgia.

Totally personified by Kylo Ren killing Solo. The problem here is that Kylo *was not worthy* to kill him. We knew almost nothing about Kylo. Why would we care that he fell to the dark side? We didnt even know him! Why would he kill his father? How would the moviegoer know, we dont even *need* to know that right? WRONG.

A nice little movie detailing what went on in the actually-quite-interesting Kylo Ren comic trilogy of books would have solved that nicely. Are the Knights of Ren some guys in hot costumes chillin' on your average mesa, or did they have a purpose which was central to what happened? Disney: YOU DONT NEED TO KNOW, RUBES

I'd have thought the stories would've been owned by Lucasfilm, and thus by Disney.

My presumption was that Disney wanted to do their own thing, make up their own stories so they could surprise the audience with things they haven't already read.

And Disney would've gotten away with it, if only their pesky writers hadn't been so clueless. :lol

You're supposed to care because he's Han Solo's cum trophy. You love Han Solo why wouldn't you love his son that's just another whiney Skywalker?

The Rise of Kylo Ren comic was pretty good though but they should have released it in the build up to TFA.

I'd have thought the stories would've been owned by Lucasfilm, and thus by Disney.

My presumption was that Disney wanted to do their own thing, make up their own stories so they could surprise the audience with things they haven't already read.

And Disney would've gotten away with it, if only their pesky writers hadn't been so clueless. :lol

Honestly, its as if these people getting paid 7-figure salaries walked in and made up that day's storyboard on the fly. I have read actual fanfics better than that s*** we saw in TLJ especially. People got paid HUGE money to come up with that. It honestly boggles the mind.

Last edited:
The best two films of the Disney era came from the ideas of two Lucas stalwarts, Kasdan and Knoll. When they’ve tried to break away from George’s team and do their own thing the results were utter ****. The upcoming films, Rogue Squadron and the Taika Waititi film don’t exactly fill me with confidence. Unless Favreau and Filoni are heavily involved in those... which I doubt. Disney+ seems to be their playground, while the films still very much feel like Kathleen’s thing. Although I doubt it’ll be too long before she tries to push her agenda on Disney+ by dipping into High Republic shows.

Honestly, its as if these people getting paid 7-figure salaries walked in and made up that day's storyboard on the fly. I have read actual fanfics better than that s*** we saw in TLJ especially. People got paid HUGE money to com up with that. It honestly boggles the mind.
Still sounds too much like a plan to me.....more likely they filmed what they thought looked cool then the story came together in the editing process. :p

But they still got their 7 figure salaries.....

The best two films of the Disney era came from the ideas of two Lucas stalwarts, Kasdan and Knoll. When they’ve tried to break away from George’s team and do their own thing the results were utter ****. The upcoming films, Rogue Squadron and the Taika Waititi film don’t exactly fill me with confidence. Unless Favreau and Filoni are heavily involved in those... which I doubt. Disney+ seems to be their playground, while the films still very much feel like Kathleen’s thing. Although I doubt it’ll be too long before she tries to push her agenda on Disney+ by dipping into High Republic shows.
And I quote....

"On October 30, 2012, When Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney, Kennedy was promoted to president. In 2018, Kennedy's contract to remain president of Lucasfilm was extended another three years, through October 30, 2021."

Not too much longer....hopefully

And I quote....

"On October 30, 2012, When Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney, Kennedy was promoted to president. In 2018, Kennedy's contract to remain president of Lucasfilm was extended another three years, through October 30, 2021."

The day before Halloween, how apt. She’s probably busy working her broomstick on the 31st. If that happens it’ll feel more like Christmas Day for the rest of us. Reddit Star Wars will probably have the site in black and white the day KK gives up the reins. Anyway, I’ll believe it when I see it. She’s probably working on cloning herself so that she can be there forever.

Haha, wait'll we see "the Acolyte," which from the sound of it is going to make TLJ look like King Lear.

*chipper* "I made sure to hire writers who know absolutely nothing about the SW universe!"

I AM SURE THIS WILL WORK OUT GREAT!

I want to KNOW how you get this big money when you are that damn stupid, I really seriously want to know

[that's not a direct quote, but close enough]

Haha, wait'll we see "the Acolyte," which from the sound of it is going to make TLJ look like King Lear.

*chipper* "I made sure to hire writers who know absolutely nothing about the SW universe!"

I want to KNOW how you get this big money when you are that damn stupid, I really seriously want to know

Oh God I forgot about The Acolyte. That’s High Republic, isn’t it? I was kind of hoping it’d fall into the Tenebrous/Plagueis era, but that’s probably wishful thinking. The idea of hiring writers who’ve never even seen Star Wars seems like a very naive and slightly antagonistic move. Didn’t Leslye Headland claim that one of her writers for the show didn’t even know Luke and Leia were siblings? Holy crap that’s scary. So, the chances of them knowing who Tenebrous and Plagueis are aren’t high. I’m sure if it’s as awful as TLJ then the likes of us will have the usual tedious anti-feminist and sexist labels attached to them.

"Have you heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?"

*confused* "....Who the hell is that??"

O my gawd, we're screwed

It does strike me as almost aggressively clueless, too. Not just stupid, but militantly stupid.

All this reminds me I do need to get busy with that Plagueis book, its been on my Kindle for a while now....

The Acolyte
I refuse to watch that on principle. Weinsteins PA shouldn't be rewarded with a Star Wars show.

And I quote....

What are the odds Filoni could become President after that point? He certainly has the resume for it and massive support from the fanbase.

What are the odds Filoni could become President after that point? He certainly has the resume for it and massive support from the fanbase.
I very much doubt Filoni is the man. President needs business and finance skills as well. Not saying Kennedy has those, but she's been around the block and knows the movie business and system. Filoni just got his first gig in live action TV. Plus he's a humble guy always saying how much he learnt from his live action experience etc. He's better in creative at the moment, where he can keep his focus on the Star Wars product and making sure it's good with the SW knowledge he has.

I would see Faverau more in the President role. He has a lot more experience. Has directed full films, knows a lot more people across the full Disney business and is mega smart imo. What he has done with Mando is pure evidence of creating something wildly successful and essentially saving Star Wars. I wouldn't be surprised if this was seen as a test in management eyes, which he clearly passed.

So I'd pick Faverau if I was Bob Chapek. However that's if he wants it. There could be others as well of course.

Now I'm sure this is where a Kennedy fan will step in and say she's not going anywhere. But I'm sure they've heard the fan outrage and know how crap the ST was managed.

Last edited:
Filoni suits with the creative department, just leave him there to solely focuses what he does best. Visionary pathways , corporate's politics and general management is where Favreau will excel.

I’ve said it before. Sequels erased in one scene. Han Solo is having a bad dream and Luke wakes him. Luke asks if he is ok. Han replies, I sure am kid, and thank the force I got that vasectomy on endor.
Haha haven't heard that before. Cool. Even if it was painful for Han with low tech sharp rocks it would still be worth it !

Back