Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yeah !! Outfit looks excellent. Although not sure why they decided to make his hat smaller. Maybe more practical ?? Or maybe my memory is not as good as it was ??
You’re remembering correctly. His TCW appearance had a significantly wider hat, but a big duster to even it out visually.

His TBB outfit to me looks like it takes inspiration from a gunslinger crossed with a Mexican Charro (horseman) with a shorter brim hat to match.

It’s interesting to see that they’ve been pulling from different types of gunslingers, bandits, and cowboys, and horsemen for his appearances. Nice consistency.

Great video by Man of Hot Collectibles and Ezy. Finally someone with some inside connections giving the rest of us some insight. Well done guys !!

Very well explained reasons for the delays for Hot Toys.

So after watching that video, it must have been a pretty crappy year for Howard. :lol

Riding high for so many years, then BAM ! Tony Stank headsculpt recall, Covid, no movies etc etc.

But it's never easy at the top ! On the plus side I see their next figures being stellar ! It's like any major issue, afterward the whole company is on alert. And no more deviations on prototype headsculpts going out to production !!

Hard to say, but if they did have to hire some new people to cover the re-work of Tony Stank headsculpt they can at least stay on to get through the backlog.

Can't wait to hear what the other re-releases are. Hopefully Tarkin (cause I missed him) !!

Got this from a friend. So good !!

Spoiler Spoiler:

If someone found them annoying for how they were written as characters or because of plot points, that’s one thing.

But there are certain types of people out there who hated them for more superficial reasons. I’ll leave it at that.

A big concept with entertainment now is that certain characters get a free pass to be stupid/unlikeable etc. because their gender or race or whatever makes them untouchable: if you dislike them, its OBVS because you're a "misogynist" or a "racist" or whatever this week's dog-whistle word is.

This pass does not exist in my world, and so I will say that I find these sisters annoying and unlikeable. They serve no real purpose. Not to mention its annoying when in a galaxy spanning many light-years THE SAME PEOPLE show up over and over and over again. What are the odds?

On to Cad Bane: the fan consensus seems to be now that this person is here for the specific purpose of Boba showing up and fighting him or killing him. In this time period, is not Boba still quite a young child? Not much older than Omega. What do I know. But regardless! Here yet again we have this problem of the same five people showing up across many lightyears and planets full of quantrillions of people. What are the odds? As a huge Fett fan, I say leave him out of this right now. HE DOES NOT NEED TO BE IN EVERYTHING. Why do people yearn to see Bane dead so much...? Let him live - and do more stuff. If he dies it should be much in the future.

But what do I know.

A big concept with entertainment now is that certain characters get a free pass to be stupid/unlikeable etc. because their gender or race or whatever makes them untouchable: if you dislike them, its OBVS because you're a "misogynist" or a "racist" or whatever this week's dog-whistle word is.

This pass does not exist in my world, and so I will say that I find these sisters annoying and unlikeable. They serve no real purpose. Not to mention its annoying when in a galaxy spanning many light-years THE SAME PEOPLE show up over and over and over again. What are the odds?

On to Cad Bane: the fan consensus seems to be now that this person is here for the specific purpose of Boba showing up and fighting him or killing him. In this time period, is not Boba still quite a young child? Not much older than Omega. What do I know. But regardless! Here yet again we have this problem of the same five people showing up across many lightyears and planets full of quantrillions of people. What are the odds? As a huge Fett fan, I say leave him out of this right now. HE DOES NOT NEED TO BE IN EVERYTHING. Why do people yearn to see Bane dead so much...? Let him live - and do more stuff. If he dies it should be much in the future.

But what do I know.
He’s around 13, but also a Bounty Hunter, he was trained by Jango and then taken on my Aurra Sing, Cad Bane, etc. There’s an unfinished Clone Wars arc about Boba and Cad facing off, that’s why people want to see it.

He’s around 13, but also a Bounty Hunter, he was trained by Jango and then taken on my Aurra Sing, Cad Bane, etc. There’s an unfinished Clone Wars arc about Boba and Cad facing off, that’s why people want to see it.

Yes thats true, but thirteen is a tidge young to be taking on/killing a top-tier hunter IMO. I hope they dont do that, because it will interfere with suspension of disbelief. I really dont care if Fett kills Bane, in fact he SHOULD. Just not right now.

Judging from what we know of him, it seems Jango instilled in young Boba a nuanced understanding of risk vs. reward and of possible consequences. He's not a stupid person, so he should be elsewhere building skills and reputation before attempting this. But I dont make these decisions, so.....

Yes thats true, but thirteen is a tidge young to be taking on/killing a top-tier hunter IMO. I hope they dont do that, because it will interfere with suspension of disbelief. I really dont care if Fett kills Bane, in fact he SHOULD. Just not right now.

Judging from what we know of him, it seems Jango instilled in young Boba a nuanced understanding of risk vs. reward and of possible consequences. He's not a stupid person, so he should be elsewhere building skills and reputation before attempting this. But I dont make these decisions, so.....
The deleted scene makes it clear that Bane also would have killed Boba if not for the helmet though. I'm sure there was an entire multi-episode arc building up to the duel.

I have to admit, I’d rather see that fight go down in live action.

Boba Fett, aka Hit-Boy!

Mindy Macready wasn't doing so bad at twelve.

11chloe2-popup.jpg

:rolleyes2

I'm going to have a controversial opinion here (what else is new?) and suggest that we won't see Mando Luke until the end of the year at the earliest. He's rumoured to be in Book of Boba, so I feel they might be waiting on a possible new headsculpt (*cough* Sebastian Stan *cough*) before releasing. Then I guess he'd technically be Book of Boba Luke.

I actually prefer other figures over Mando Luke, maybe because I got ROTJ Luke. That's just me though. I prefer different characters over multiple iterations of the same characters, especially if the looks are very similar.

I actually prefer other figures over Mando Luke, maybe because I got ROTJ Luke. That's just me though. I prefer different characters over multiple iterations of the same characters, especially if the looks are very similar.
The same here, on an excitement scale of 1-10 I'd put Mando Luke at about a 3. The two I'm desperate for are the Armorer (who's MIA on my sig for some reason) and Cobb Vanth. Even then I'd put Fennec (happy to wait for BOB), Koska Reeves, Mayfeld, and Greef Carga above Luke.

IF there's a Sebastian Stan Luke then, providing they change the outfit up, I'd be all over it. As you said just way too similar to ROTJ Luke, which is just far more iconic to start with.

The same here, on an excitement scale of 1-10 I'd put Mando Luke at about a 3. The two I'm desperate for are the Armorer (who's MIA on my sig for some reason) and Cobb Vanth. Even then I'd put Fennec (happy to wait for BOB), Koska Reeves, Mayfeld, and Greef Carga above Luke.

IF there's a Sebastian Stan Luke then, providing they change the outfit up, I'd be all over it. As you said just way too similar to ROTJ Luke, which is just far more iconic to start with.
You've got to remove the SIGPIC letters before and after. Just link the file or upload it as a picture in the signature edit area.

You've got to remove the SIGPIC letters before and after. Just link the file or upload it as a picture in the signature edit area.
Thanks, Andrew. I'll give it a go.

EDIT: I can't find the signature edit area. I'm living up to my forum's dumbest member tag :p

Last edited:
Back