Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

New Clone Wars trailer along with this Mandalorian really does put a smile in my face :). I havent felt anything more SW like this since Rouge One in 2016.

Yeah for me this finally feels like something from Disney SW I can get behind figure-wise other than RO.

And yeah, seeing an IG robot moving fast in a live action scene (we've all seen the video games or animation etc) was pretty damn awesome.

The one concern I have is will it be weird having this lead character in a helmet all the time and will it also be weird that we then see his face in his apartment or whatever but then he's back in the helmet again. Maybe it'll be fine, who knows. Can't really think of another precedent for this other maybe various incarnations of Robocop but that's different.

Yeah as cool as the character looks, I can see how it might become frustrating after awhile having nothing but a helmet to look at and no way to gauge his emotion except by the tone of voice and body language. At least with Robo or Dredd there's the lower half of the face to help give you a clue as to what he's thinking. And plus it kinda seems like a shame to cast someone like Pedro Pascal and not really ever see him.

I’m sure there will be a good balance of helmet and no helmet. After all, when you’re out on missions and in battle of course you’ll be wearing your helmet.

I’m sure there will be a good balance of helmet and no helmet. After all, when you’re out on missions and in battle of course you’ll be wearing your helmet.

Yep totally agree. Pedro Pascal has the right rugged "non-helmeted" look.

Other actors perhaps not.......:lol

IMG_7220.JPG

Yep totally agree. Pedro Pascal has the right rugged "non-helmeted" look.

Other actors perhaps not.......:lol

View attachment 450494

I love this pic. Boba's 9-5 is as an accountant. After hours though, he's a no-nonsense, hard-bitten bounty hunter who's smooth AF wit da ladies!
And yeah, would've been nice to have a couple of HT reveals like Bespin Han or Lando. Pfffft.

I was surprised in the long preview scene where he's in a bar discussing a bounty job, then goes to this alleyway, then he's in another seedy office with the stromies - and he never took his helmet off the whole time. I get he needs to shower, but it's never really dealt with in SW how these iconic helmeted characters are 24/7 - does Boba wear his helmet only in battle, or for much longer periods. What about getting together with a buddy for drinks at the cantina? What about when he takes a leak? Interesting questions we've never really needed answers to before.:lol

Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

What about getting together with a buddy for drinks at the cantina? Interesting questions we've never really needed answers to before.:lol

He just uses a long straw....

Nah I think they'll show him without helmet at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this pic. Boba's 9-5 is as an accountant. After hours though, he's a no-nonsense, hard-bitten bounty hunter who's smooth AF wit da ladies!
And yeah, would've been nice to have a couple of HT reveals like Bespin Han or Lando. Pfffft.

Hahaha. [emoji23]

And HT knew Celebration was on. I can totally get them waiting until later on Ep9 figures. But an OT release should have been planned.

Hahaha. [emoji23]

And HT knew Celebration was on. I can totally get them waiting until later on Ep9 figures. But an OT release should have been planned.

All I need is for them release Bespin Han to complete my ESB trinity. I'm guessing late 2020 for him. :slap

All I need is for them release Bespin Han to complete my ESB trinity. I'm guessing late 2020 for him. :slap

All I need is Bespin Lando. C'mon Hot Toys this would have been the perfect timing. Can't see them doing an old Lando surely.

All I need is Bespin Lando. C'mon Hot Toys this would have been the perfect timing. Can't see them doing an old Lando surely.

They did 'old' everyone else, so senior citizen Lando is a possibilty.

They did 'old' everyone else, so senior citizen Lando is a possibilty.

I hope not. That'll only delay OT Bespin Lando more. No one would buy the senior citizen version if they came out together.

I hope not. That'll only delay OT Bespin Lando more. No one would buy the senior citizen version if they came out together.

This is true, but we all know the Howard moves in mysterious ways. :lecture

I was surprised in the long preview scene where he's in a bar discussing a bounty job, then goes to this alleyway, then he's in another seedy office with the stromies - and he never took his helmet off the whole time. I get he needs to shower, but it's never really dealt with in SW how these iconic helmeted characters are 24/7 - does Boba wear his helmet only in battle, or for much longer periods. What about getting together with a buddy for drinks at the cantina? What about when he takes a leak? Interesting questions we've never really needed answers to before.:lol

Well we did see the clones removing their helmets a lot on TCW. But in live action, not so much.

They should still be able to maintain that mysterious "Man with no name" vibe with or without the helmet though, since Clint Eastwood obviously didn't need one for that.

I'd be perfectly fine with him never having his helmet off or maybe shown like ESB Vader, back of the head at some point. If he does have helmet off for any portion then I think they got the right actor for that.

Of course he'll have his helmet off. It just looks cooler in a trailer, which focuses heavily on action and him conducting business deals, to have him with his helmet on. They might as well have just hired a martial artist/stuntman to play the Mandalorian (with voice-over) if they were going to keep his helmet on throughout the series.

On a related note, this would be a good figure to buy two of. One to display with helmet on and one with helmet off. If the character makes upgrades to his armour throughout, as suggested, then that gives further display options. They could do something similar to what they did with ESB Boba Fett, with inter-changeable armour pieces.

Of course he'll have his helmet off. It just looks cooler in a trailer, which focuses heavily on action and him conducting business deals, to have him with his helmet on. They might as well have just hired a martial artist/stuntman to play the Mandalorian (with voice-over) if they were going to keep his helmet on throughout the series.

On a related note, this would be a good figure to buy two of. One to display with helmet on and one with helmet off. If the character makes upgrades to his armour throughout, as suggested, then that gives further display options. They could do something similar to what they did with ESB Boba Fett, with inter-changeable armour pieces.

Yeah that would be awesome! In looking at the leaked footage, it seems like his armor upgrade gets a more sleek silver look. I'm wondering if he gets a jetpack at any point. I'm beyond excited for this show and the more HT figures, the better!

If this show prominently features certain OT side characters (I’m looking at you IG-88), then it’ll be our best chance to get HT versions of those characters.

Think I'll probably pass on that new Jango Fett now. As far as chrome-armored Mandalorians go, this guy is just looking so much cooler.

Back