Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

It would be amazing to get a HT IG-88 out of this. Perhaps even in die-cast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

You mean you want the figure to have a small percentage of diecast in the legs.

Hell I think it outdoes RO in terms of style and just sheer badassery. Seems like kind of a shame now we won't get to see this on the big screen.

Yeah, it's Rogue One on steroids. But the premise is also pretty deep. What happens in the power void post RotJ ? Who maintains power, is it really better without the empire with all the lawlessness ?

Dave, as far as seeing it on the big screen. Just buy a projector like I did. It's awesome !! Easily 10 foot diagonal picture on the wall. Between watching this show and playing the new Jedi story game "Fallen Order" it's the only way to go !

As far as Hot Toys, if they were ever going to get into aliens then this is the show ! Damn there must be 20 different aliens at least ! Killer Jawas too !

Here's the full sneak peak. Including roasted Monkey :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0dhPm3vbyE

When do they officially release that teaser?

Definitely looks like RO style. Love it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wait closer to the date of Disney Plus going live. It'll be one of their main selling points for people to sign up.

Plus it's Endgame marketing time now.

VFX wasn't close to done on a lot of those teaser shots. So I don't think i'll come anytime soon

Absolutely hyped on this. The trailer and 5 minute clip leak are awesome. HT needs to mine this as hard as they can, and I suspect that they will, given that Disney is going to market this HARD in an attempt to recapture some of the traditional audience.

Dare I say...maybe Star Wars will work better on TV? It relies so much on world building that an episodic format really could allow them to flesh things out. If The Mandalorian makes it out alive in S1, I'd love to see some seedy underworld stuff on Coruscant or a similar planet. Something similar to that of the old Star Wars Bounty Hunter game with Jango.

Absolutely hyped on this. The trailer and 5 minute clip leak are awesome. HT needs to mine this as hard as they can, and I suspect that they will, given that Disney is going to market this HARD in an attempt to recapture some of the traditional audience.

Dare I say...maybe Star Wars will work better on TV? It relies so much on world building that an episodic format really could allow them to flesh things out. If The Mandalorian makes it out alive in S1, I'd love to see some seedy underworld stuff on Coruscant or a similar planet. Something similar to that of the old Star Wars Bounty Hunter game with Jango.

Yep, this type of show is definitely going to be better in long format. Always better for character development imo.

Season 2 is already signed to go !

This looks so effing badass. I’m so pumped! That footage is great, I am 1000% getting a Mando from HT, and probably any and all figure they make from the show haha. I hope they have a pretty good line from this show.

Yeah, wow - does it blow away the ST in SW awesomeness or what? The only sad thing is that this is more like what the ST should have been, not a TV series, but I guess you take it however you can get it. Streaming is the future.

And yeah, that IG doesn't look a whole lot like IG-88 in the details but cool to see in action.

Yeah, wow - does it blow away the ST in SW awesomeness or what? The only sad thing is that this is more like what the ST should have been, not a TV series, but I guess you take it however you can get it. Streaming is the future.

And yeah, that IG doesn't look a whole lot like IG-88 in the details but cool to see in action.
Yep, I thought the same thing. This is exactly what the ST should have been like, with Imperial remnants scrambling for power while the Republic takes over. Also love that we’re finally getting IG-88 or whoever it is, in action. Just wish they’d release the official trailer.

I hope that scene in the pirated video turns up in HD on the official site soon. Even in it's funky phone quality, it was just great to see.

This looks really good. Great vibe, good looking production, cool music and plenty of nods to the classic SW aesthetic. Very excited for this show...

Yes, HT...I'm down for the figure.

I hope that scene in the pirated video turns up in HD on the official site soon. Even in it's funky phone quality, it was just great to see.

This looks really good. Great vibe, good looking production, cool music and plenty of nods to the classic SW aesthetic. Very excited for this show...

I’m at the very least down for the Mandalorian himself, and most likely Gina Carano’s character. The vibe I got from her was a Star Wars version of Vasquez, at least visually.

Yeah for me this finally feels like something from Disney SW I can get behind figure-wise other than RO.

And yeah, seeing an IG robot moving fast in a live action scene (we've all seen the video games or animation etc) was pretty damn awesome.

The one concern I have is will it be weird having this lead character in a helmet all the time and will it also be weird that we then see his face in his apartment or whatever but then he's back in the helmet again. Maybe it'll be fine, who knows. Can't really think of another precedent for this other maybe various incarnations of Robocop but that's different.

The Mandalorian will get made by HT, the hype behind this is reaching crazy levels. They'll capitalize, anything else will probably depend on sales although knowing HT if they can simply variant something already coming, I'm sure they will to double dip.

Back