1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's another fear. It's pretty easy to get Phicen bodies simply by the shear number they've made for them and for other companies like Very Cool and YTS. They are always parted out plus they sell them individually with extra parts like multiple hands and feet.

Yes but at $250.00 for a figure, we all should not have to think about it. Maybe one day ,soon I hope we don't have to worry about our figure rotten away

Yes but at $250.00 for a figure, we all should not have to think about it. Maybe one day ,soon I hope we don't have to worry about our figure rotten away

That's what the guys on the first unboxing video said..They said no one has developed a seamless body that can withstand cracking and it's difficult

I think it's a figure that I personally will love in hand..keyword in hand..this will probably look and feel like a better figure, maybe one of the best designs for a HT female figure thus far.

Honestly the expression on her face probably won't bother me in hand, and I will probably be more relieved that this will look like Gal as WW ( Again I'm not looking for a miniature Gal figure) more than I think and better than any company has done a Gadot WW version thus far.

In other words, I won't look at this like a problem with the Widows before the CW head sculpt. Even with the teeth :lecture

I think in hand, this is going to look much better as well. Oh yeah, and I remember folks posting many pictures about Tyler Durden's teeth when pics initially came out. Lol.

We need to see your review to give a better idea. :lol

Should have the figure in hand on Wednesday. Hopefully have the review up by the end of the day.

Looking forward to your review, bud. :duff

Thanks man. Hopefully coming on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that guy on FB went hog wild with new pics

I zoomed this closeup he posted and enhanced for a clearer shot

You can see this is a Rey thing with the teeth, it's got to be super close to stand out

This might be the only weird reason a phicen would work better

Last edited:
Not bad. I saw this one at Walmart the other day. Not a bad fill in. Could use the sculpted hair if someone was bold enough.
e9bcde30ae8d999a9dae6b52a79f08b1.jpg

e4e05b2b6e31d847373b5ec44f888c51.jpg

579f745294a376a423ed3eaf2a986e4a.jpg

Not sure what he was trying to do here but how can someone not see Gal in this

The PT ..I only see the hair a tad better ..glad they improved the figure overall

I think I'm just gonna wash her hair with some conditioner when I get it. The figure that was on display in Malaysia has soft wavy hair that I quite like the look of.

It's too bad there's no videos on YouTube of people making adjustments to the rooted hair of these figures.

I think I'm just gonna wash her hair with some conditioner when I get it. The figure that was on display in Malaysia has soft wavy hair that I quite like the look of.

It's too bad there's no videos on YouTube of people making adjustments to the rooted hair of these figures.

There are just in the catorgory of Styling Dollfie hair. What worked for me is yes wash her hair with shampoo and conditioner, style dry and instead of using a hair brush..believe it not, use a toothbrush because the bristles are softer and trust me it works, but I'm going to wait to see how her hair measures up in hand and see if it really needs a wash over because I think HT didn't add product to her hair this time

BTW imported Dollfie hair is pretty much the same material that HT used for their rooted hair.. it's also the same type of hair that you find most customs center around on ebay. That's why those videos should help.

There are just in the catorgory of Styling Dollfie hair. What worked for me is yes wash her hair with shampoo and conditioner, style dry and instead of using a hair brush..believe it not, use a toothbrush because the bristles are softer and trust me it works, but I'm going to wait to see how her hair measures up in hand and see if it really needs a wash over because I think HT didn't add product to her hair this time

BTW imported Dollfie hair is pretty much the same material that HT used for their rooted hair.. it's also the same type of hair that you find most customs center around on ebay. That's why those videos should help.

I take it that this works well on rooted hair? I've never had to futz with my HT Black Widow's hair (BW is my one & only rooted hair figure right now).

I take it that this works well on rooted hair? I've never had to futz with my HT Black Widow's hair (BW is my one & only rooted hair figure right now).

Hmmmm...... Never had any female figure yet.. More so, rooted hair..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yup this technique works on all my 1/6 custom rooted hair sculpts I have acquired over the years. The tooth brush is soft enough to brush the excess strands so they don't stick out and at the same time smooth out the tangles . For finer details, use a smaller kid size or travel toothbrush.

Also put the head back on the figure first while using the toothbrush. Gravity plays a huge role on creating the perfect bounce of the rooted hair . The more the hair is weighed down the smoother the tangles will be rather than brushing the hair detached from the body .

Forgot to suggest, try to use a soft bristle toothbrush :)

Here's some examples I used this technique on some custom Widows a while back

This is what the custom HS looked like when it was sent to me with the hair before I customized some more using the said technique and some transplanting of the HS

Worked wonders on my repainted CW sculpt too

Last edited:
I've never messed with my Avengers Black Widow's hair, nor other females with rooted hair. They looked great right out of the box and only required minimal shaping. Chewbacca on the other hand, has required hours of hair futzing... I hope Wonder Woman has easy hair like my Selina Kyle from The Dark Knight Rises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup this technique works on all my 1/6 custom rooted hair sculpts I have acquired over the years. The tooth brush is soft enough to brush the excess strands so they don't stick out and at the same time smooth out the tangles . For finer details, use a smaller kid size or travel toothbrush.

Also put the head back on the figure first while using the toothbrush. Gravity plays a huge role on creating the perfect bounce of the rooted hair . The more the hair is weighed down the smoother the tangles will be rather than brushing the hair detached from the body .

Forgot to suggest, try to use a soft bristle toothbrush :)

Thanks for the tips and examples, Guyver! :duff

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to guyver1 again.

Back