1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just realized that my order got delayed to late Sept. I have had this on order for a good 15 months and I am still in the 2nd shipment.

Sadface...

I got the WW custom Knock-off head sculpt yesterday. Keep in mind I still don't have the original/authentic figure in hand to compare. Keep in mind that I like the custom (but of course there's a critiscm). For those who have both, how close is the Knock-off (regarding head size, paint, hair et)? I used to be big with buying the Knock-off sculpts. But I stopped when the popular CW Black Widow custom sculpt got released because I thought the size of the head was "oversized" compared to previous releases of BW customs. The CW BW custom sculpt looked like a bobble-head to me/in comparison to the ones created for Avengers. Any feedback from you guys with both in hand? Is the actual WW authentic HTS sculpt the same sized head as the WW custom sculpt?

Sorry better late than never, busy day got my KO today

I'll post more later

But for now a tid bit

Original with styled hair

Knockoff with styled hair giving her the hair flowing from the back

Give my thoughts later

I'll post more later

But for now a tid bit

Give my thoughts later

Just by reviewing your pics gives some insight. They show off some of the more detailed paint work. And the hair being styled makes a big difference. But these pics actually make the KO look smaller!!!!

Just by reviewing your pics gives some insight. They show off some of the more detailed paint work. And the hair being styled makes a big difference. But these pics actually make the KO look smaller!!!!

It's not.. the skin is more of a lighter tint and the makeup around her face is more subtle especially around the eyes

The hair seems to be about a length shorter IMO

So did they fix the original head sculpt (from what we were originally shown) ? If not, What was the delay ?

If you're referring to the prototype head sculpt, yes we get a totally different sculpt. That probably held up this figure initially, but I believe the more recent delay is due to improvements in her skin. Initial batch had a shiny skin that wrinkled easily; new skin is less shiny with less creasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://myalbum.com/album/vG6boeQ48M1X I stuck the custom WW sculpt on a Phicen (see pics in link-I don't know how to put a pic directly in thread yet) and I'm liking it better the more I mess with it. I still think the head's proportions are a bit too large, and like all these HTs Knock-off sculpts, there's no magic to the eyes. But overall, not a bad sculpt.

https://myalbum.com/album/vG6boeQ48M1X I stuck the custom WW sculpt on a Phicen (see pics in link-I don't know how to put a pic directly in thread yet) and I'm liking it better the more I mess with it. I still think the head's proportions are a bit too large, and like all these HTs Knock-off sculpts, there's no magic to the eyes. But overall, not a bad sculpt.

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

great pictures mate ,the detail in your pictures is staggering :)

posted a couple for you ,hope you dont mind :)

Last edited:

I'll post more later

But for now a tid bit

Give my thoughts later

When slightly obscured by darkness, as in the first photo, it looks just like the stock HT sculpt.

Add a bit more light, like in the second image, and you can kind of tell the difference. The KO looks a bit softer in detail.

When slightly obscured by darkness, as in the first photo, it looks just like the stock HT sculpt.

Add a bit more light, like in the second image, and you can kind of tell the difference. The KO looks a bit softer in detail.

As is expected with these heads (they never have the same facial detail et). But since they're so close, I've always wondered if these initial knockoffs are failed HTS rejects, let go of; sold to third parties and redistributed as "custom sculpts?"

Back