1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me the UE was only marginally better, taking it from a 6/10 to a 6.5/10. Story threads are given more time, eliminating most of the plot holes that people complained about. However, by doing this, they also double down on the flawed internal logic of the film and nonsensical character motivations. All that mostly applies to the whole Superman side of the movie. The entire Superman/village shooting/Lex Luther conspiracy plot was just poor and unnecessarily obfuscated storytelling so that Lois had something to do in the film. A simple accident scene like the one at the beginning of Civil War would have given Superman reason to doubt himself, as well as a reason for people to distrust him, much more efficiently and effectively.

Also, random point, but I loved how in the UE Lois discovers that the guy in the wheelchair didn't actually know there was a bomb inside it because he had just bought fresh groceries, and then there was no further point to her discovering that. I was just sitting there like...um, ok? Wonder where this revelation is going and, oh wait, nowhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get mine in a few days. I really loved the movie. What I find dark is in the avengers movies they kill ppl and make jokes the same time. That's dark lol. Still not sure if I will love this fig till I get him in hand. Really hoping I find the right batman for my collection. Crossed fingers they make a 70's version some day

Which 70s version???

Screenshot_20161017-141321~2.jpg

i don't think it'll fetch $100. There's a BIN on eBay now for $130. It's not even that integral to the movie. Plus most stuff like that (part out bits) don't go for that kind of money, even exclusive stuff. An alt. head sculpts might go for something like that, or those little green holograms with ironman went for like $80, or the 1/6 arc reactor in a desk top box went for ~$100 when it first came out.

I see this going for maybe $40 on an auction. And then dropping in price over time.
My thoughts exactly :D

Mine just arrived!
Not really adding anything, but I just have to say that this really is a beautiful action figure. Love it.

I think Tom Cruise would have been a better Stark IMO, as it was originally planned.

Regardless as to how you see the guy (his weirdness) he's always made entertaining films, while RDJ plays Stark on every single movie he's in.

This is, of course, "my opinion".

Another short guy? Well at least he would have better than RDJ by far.

has anyone who waitlisted the regular gotten a conversion? I got on the waitlist for the regular about two days after it sold out and haven't heard anything. I've only noticed people with the exclusive getting their orders fulfilled.

has anyone who waitlisted the regular gotten a conversion? I got on the waitlist for the regular about two days after it sold out and haven't heard anything. I've only noticed people with the exclusive getting their orders fulfilled.

I think it depends on if the conversions were cancelled orders or another run. If another run than itll probably convert, if cancelled orders it may not. The good thing is Suicide Squad Batman is the same as BvS Batman minus accessories and base.

waitlists only convert when someone cancels, has their payment declined, or Sideshow miscounted and finds they have some to spare. being that the exclusives were the first to come in and be processed they are now getting around to the cancelled orders or extras. the reg should start converting once they have shipped and dealt with the bulk of those orders. this is how its worked for 5+ years

Another short guy? Well at least he would have better than RDJ by far.

Cruise was the first choice to play Stark, but he refused.

A shame really, as I believe he is a far better actor. Not that RDJ is bad at it, but Cruise would have also killed it. And he's also able to play other characters.

It is what it is though.

I can't imagine Cruise as Stark at all personally. Great actor but I don't think he's got quite the same swagger that Downey Jr. has for the role. I think the casting of RDJ is pretty much perfection for that character. Affleck is a very good Batman/Bruce but I'm not sure if I can call him the best yet. To be honest I actually could sort of see Cruise as Batman/Bruce a bit. I think he can play a bit darker when needed. The only thing against him is that he doesn't really have the physicality the character needs and would have to bulk up. Plus he's a bit too short probably.

Back