1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of custom parts. Just put in an order for unreal’s articulated head.View attachment 560436
View attachment 560437
View attachment 560438

It looks awesome. But $345 (for it painted) can buy me a whole other figure. Actually I love the stock head sculpt, and don’t mind it’s limited articulation. It’s just that damn cowl tab sticks up and I don’t want to superglue it down so that I’m free to change out various custom capes! But to be able to get rid of the cowl popping up is not worth that price tag to me.

I get that this will be must-have for a lot of collectors, though. It’s going to sell for sure. I look forward to seeing it!

It looks awesome. But $345 (for it painted) can buy me a whole other figure. Actually I love the stock head sculpt, and don’t mind it’s limited articulation. It’s just that damn cowl tab sticks up and I don’t want to superglue it down so that I’m free to change out various custom capes! But to be able to get rid of the cowl popping up is not worth that price tag to me.

I get that this will be must-have for a lot of collectors, though. It’s going to sell for sure. I look forward to seeing it!
Oh, I’m still going to display my figure with the stock cowl. But this will be displayed on a mini bust. I just want the cowl for picture purposes lol.
Yes it is indeed expensive, but all custom pieces are.

he made a JL one as well. But, that stock cowl is just to affleck accurate for me to switch out.

Hi guys, recently put this guy into storage as I’m currently planning a move to Florida, but I’ve heard some things about the suit being a little unpredictable in hot countries, my house over there is air conditioned but I’m wondering if that will be enough? Are there any tips people can give me on keeping this figure in as good quality as possible as I don’t want to lose the grail of my collection,
Thanks

Hi guys, recently put this guy into storage as I’m currently planning a move to Florida, but I’ve heard some things about the suit being a little unpredictable in hot countries, my house over there is air conditioned but I’m wondering if that will be enough? Are there any tips people can give me on keeping this figure in as good quality as possible as I don’t want to lose the grail of my collection,
Thanks
You should be ok with ac. Just watch Out for humidity.

Kind of regret that I sold my Batfleck figure. Might have to see if Hot Toys does a new version for Affleck’s appearance in The Flash movie coming later this year.

I just recently upgraded my batflecks with unreal wired capes. I highly recommend that for this figure. It doubled the wow factor in my opinion. The drape capes look good too. I'm considering the articulated cowl!

Thanks
don’t put him inside the box for too long. figures with leathery material tend to flaking after sometime inside the box

I still don't understand why we only got eye plates for Batfleck but Pattison gets the full eye moving feature. Every Batman figure, especially ones that cant' turn their head (unlike Pattison's version), should come with moveable eyes.

This is incredible, best one out of any scale available. Why wouldn't he make more if there's such high demand for it..
B/c the custom community is full of elitist and therefore like there to be smaller numbers for their projects. It’s become where you gotta know someone who knows someone so they can vouch for you to be in on a run these days, at least for the really good custom stuff. There is an Indiana Jones sculpt that looks incredible, and has tons of demand, but they only did 8 I believe and each one was ~$800. There is the argument (or excuse depending on how you see it) that they don't want to let just anyone on the run b/c they may be a recaster that will sell the sculpts on eBay. I understand it, seeing how you can find a good handful of really good recasts of some sculpts that were meant to be private/limited on eBay around the $15-$25 range vs the $150+ that the legit sculpts went for. Still sucks though.

Last edited:
I still don't understand why we only got eye plates for Batfleck but Pattison gets the full eye moving feature. Every Batman figure, especially ones that cant' turn their head (unlike Pattison's version), should come with moveable eyes.
Just the nature of Hot Toys. It's like the Spider-Man figures not having fully ratcheted joints until recently or hell even just figures having wired capes in general

Just the nature of Hot Toys. It's like the Spider-Man figures not having fully ratcheted joints until recently or hell even just figures having wired capes in general
That would make sense if the Pattison Batman was the first to have moving eyes, and I was saying "oh why couldn't Hot Toys have developed this technology sooner to use on Batfleck," but all Batman figures based on movies after DX02 have had moving eyes up until Batfleck. DX02, DX09, DX12, Returns Batman, Armory Batman, DX19, and now The Batman. Just odd to me that they skipped the moving eye system on ALL the Batfleck figures, especially considering he can't really turn his head. The eye plates are fine, I guess, but they should've at least included a 4th one looking to the right as well. Maybe Affleck only looked to the left in the movie while wearing the cowl and I just never noticed :lol

Last edited:
B/c the custom community is full of elitist and therefore like there to be smaller numbers for their projects. It’s become where you gotta know someone who knows someone so they can vouch for you to be in on a run these days, at least for the really good custom stuff. There is an Indiana Jones sculpt that looks incredible, and has tons of demand, but they only did 8 I believe and each one was ~$800. There is the argument (or excuse depending on how you see it) that they don't want to let just anyone on the run b/c they may be a recaster that will sell the sculpts on eBay. I understand it, seeing how you can find a good handful of really good recasts of some sculpts that were meant to be private/limited on eBay around the $15-$25 range vs the $150+ that the legit sculpts went for. Still sucks though.
Ah that makes sense. That's so unfortunate. Thanks for the explanation.

If people want to spend $800 on a gd 1/6 head, I mean, more than the actual figure itself. Twice and more, FFSs, let them believe they are as elitist as they want to believe.

All of that while they rent a 1 br apartment or basement, drive a car with 300,000 miles on it, and make $10 an hour. jesus christ.

Weren't there custom TDK Joker socks going for $1k at one time or have I got that wrong?

This custom head sculpt looks amazing!

I just watched the video and I loved hearing Justin say he cares so much about absolute accuracy, yet when he's reviewing figures (that he more than likely got for free) he'll say something like "I know this is wrong, but that doesn't really bother me" :lol I guess accuracy only matters when you're not being paid by Toys Wonderland to say that the figure is the best thing ever :lol
If people want to spend $800 on a gd 1/6 head, I mean, more than the actual figure itself. Twice and more, FFSs, let them believe they are as elitist as they want to believe.

All of that while they rent a 1 br apartment or basement, drive a car with 300,000 miles on it, and make $10 an hour. jesus christ.
:rotfl

I mean, even before ppl were paying $1000+ (and probably still are) for those Adam and BobbyC 1/6 joker sculpts. So it's not unheard of, but yea, I would prefer a larger scale statue at that point especially for the price than just the headsculpt.

Last edited:

Sure I personally wouldn’t spend that kind of money ($800) on any headsculpt either. However I also don’t want to tell anyone else how they should spend their own money.

Some people think that all of us are crazy for spending hundreds of dollars on ANY of these figures or vehicles period. The “value” that we put on these things is subjective and I don’t think it is fair to judge the value that others place on things.

Also I think the assumptions you make about the socio-economic status of those buying those headsculpts is sort of presumptuous. It is just as (if not more than) likely that the people who would pay prices like that can do so very comfortably. For some spending $800 dollars is relative to another person spending a dime.

I have an old friend who recently purchased a G Wagon in addition to already owning three other really nice vehicles. I think he thought I would raze him a bit for it. I personally would not purchase a G Wagon because it would not be financially responsible right now as I have a daughter in college and and a son that will be in college in a few years. Also I’m not in love with the styling of the G wagon nor would I want to spend that much on a single vehicle. However I congratulated him bk I know the HE LIKES nice cars and he can easily afford it.

Btw even if he couldn’t easily afford it I don’t think it would be my place to comment on that unless he asked for my opinion/advice

Back