1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been meaning to find out, did anyone purchase the DAFTOYS F013/F010 suit sets? Which body goes well with it? Can't seem to find any info or review on it online...

I did, one of the suit arrives tomorrow. Since this is my first kit, I have no idea and just went with what GianToy recommenced on their site and the customer services.. got two B001s. Now that I think about it, why didn't I get the wide shoulder ones..

This is probably the best customized HT BvS Batman I've seen. I would want one but I'm sure these custom jobs are more than a thousand. Taken from axess5252 on Instagram

20220116_153852.jpg
20220116_153925.jpg

Last edited:
I have to respectfully disagree. The thighs on the BvS batman body are already huge, there was no reason to enlarge them even more. Arms look a little off in proportion as well with the added muscle. And if you're going to go through all that trouble of modding the crotch, at least pull up the "pants" so they aren't sagging way below the nether region. They also definitely should've added the ankle extenders b/c he's way too short and stocky with all that added muscle. However, I will say, the custom sculpt is nice as well as the paintwork on the suit.

I can agree with the thighs but I don't think there's anything that can be done with the pants. Even that's the highest it can go on the stock HT. Pulling it up without it distorting somewhere else can't be done as it's a one piece suit. The arms look off on the first photo because I think it's rotated inwards which gives the weird looking definition. The arms on the second photo looks better. Anyway, I did an amateur photoshop of the thighs and pants. Left image is the edited one.

20220116_191730.jpg

Oof… who asked for “Thigh-Master Batman?” Hot Toys should send a cease and desist in case people mistakenly assume that they were responsible for that custom.

I can agree with the thighs but I don't think there's anything that can be done with the pants. Even that's the highest it can go on the stock HT. Pulling it up without it distorting somewhere else can't be done as it's a one piece suit. The arms look off on the first photo because I think it's rotated inwards which gives the weird looking definition. The arms on the second photo looks better. Anyway, I did an amateur photoshop of the thighs and pants. Left image is the edited one.
I mean no offense btw. If you dig it, and see it as your ideal figure for this character, that's really all that matters. We like what we like and there's definitely nothing wrong with that :duff

With that said, I've owned this figure and it's definitely possible to pull the pants up to not hang so low below his crotch. I did it with mine at least without any mods to make it work. It could just be that the thighs are so big now on that custom that there's no room left to shimmy the pants up. For me personally, the custom one's I've seen done by Owen have looked the most photo real to me.

Hey guys a have a question. I am trying to decide between adding the BVS Batman (Standard) or the JL Tactical (Standard Ed). I already have the Exclusive edition of the regular JL Batman. But I have a hard time deciding. I have read that the BVS has/might have issues with the suit sticking to itself and peeling. Which want do you think is better or would recommend getting?

Hey guys a have a question. I am trying to decide between adding the BVS Batman (Standard) or the JL Tactical (Standard Ed). I already have the Exclusive edition of the regular JL Batman. But I have a hard time deciding. I have read that the BVS has/might have issues with the suit sticking to itself and peeling. Which want do you think is better or would recommend getting?
My bvs batman suit stick to its self, and I have my room climate controlled. I combat that by putting two black pieces of foam in the armpit so that the bicep and the pecs don’t make contact. Also, the suit sticks to the gauntlets and boots as well. I fixed that by cutting a small piece of paper towel the lines up with said pieces.
Since my room is climate controlled, I don’t have peeling issues at all.

Truthfully, I think both figures you are thinking about are great. I would say go with tactical since the #ZackSnydersJusticeLeague and BvS one are kinda the same design in a way. Or get both lol

Get BvS because the BvS cowl is miles better than what came out in JL. JL cowl is a joke

Question for anyone who has beefed up the figure for more than a few years.

in the manual, it states to not keep the figure ab section crunching down as it could deform the muscle suit. are the muscles ok after all this time with beefing it up?

My bvs batman suit stick to its self, and I have my room climate controlled. I combat that by putting two black pieces of foam in the armpit so that the bicep and the pecs don’t make contact. Also, the suit sticks to the gauntlets and boots as well. I fixed that by cutting a small piece of paper towel the lines up with said pieces.
Since my room is climate controlled, I don’t have peeling issues at all.

Truthfully, I think both figures you are thinking about are great. I would say go with tactical since the #ZackSnydersJusticeLeague and BvS one are kinda the same design in a way. Or get both lol
Thanks man I will have that in mind for the future. I actually missed on the BVS. I was ready to go for it this morning but the seller sold it. So I went with the Tactical Suit. And since I have the regular JL, I do agree that they are in a way similar. Obviously the BVS one looks better as far as musculature and the cowl (it is subjective IMO). Also, the BVS I was looking at, had a crease on the inner part of the left elbow and it looked like a small piece of the suit peeled and got stuck. The owner had him posed with the arms bent, probs for the time he owned it. So I was unsure if that could have left to more peeling down the road. Here are couple pics for reference. Maybe it was not that big of an issue and maybe I missed on a great figure, guess will never know.

Attachments

• 271771266_353172779980687_392605244185327982_n.jpg
    271771266_353172779980687_392605244185327982_n.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 271536610_241407988161114_3898034732272619748_n.jpg
    271536610_241407988161114_3898034732272619748_n.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 49
Thanks man I will have that in mind for the future. I actually missed on the BVS. I was ready to go for it this morning but the seller sold it. So I went with the Tactical Suit. And since I have the regular JL, I do agree that they are in a way similar. Obviously the BVS one looks better as far as musculature and the cowl (it is subjective IMO). Also, the BVS I was looking at, had a crease on the inner part of the left elbow and it looked like a small piece of the suit peeled and got stuck. The owner had him posed with the arms bent, probs for the time he owned it. So I was unsure if that could have left to more peeling down the road. Here are couple pics for reference. Maybe it was not that big of an issue and maybe I missed on a great figure, guess will never know.
A shame to be sure…Suicide Squad Batman, which is obviously just BvS Batman with a better stand in cape is my ALL time FAVORITE figure. The shelf presence is unbelievable. I have deluxe JL Batman too, which I love, but nothing tops that standard Batman.
I’m no photographer, but here is a bad cell phone picture of my figure pride and joy!
D65D0E8C-5A94-41A2-992F-8E12993F1708.jpeg

A shame to be sure…Suicide Squad Batman, which is obviously just BvS Batman with a better stand in cape is my ALL time FAVORITE figure. The shelf presence is unbelievable. I have deluxe JL Batman too, which I love, but nothing tops that standard Batman.
I’m no photographer, but here is a bad cell phone picture of my figure pride and joy!
View attachment 558914
Awesome pose man!! And yeah it looks really good. I guess I can search for SS version then, since it is the better figure. I have seen them sell for like 500. Not sure if that is the standard they are going for now.

View attachment 558914
Get yourself a unreal cape tho. That stock version looks like a bin bag

I assume the stock cape is the same as the one on the JL regular suit right? I have a custom wired cape for it, so I guess it will fit on the tactical. I need to get a custom drape maybe. Also, I read somewhere that peg extensions on the ankles helps with proportions. Is this true and if so what types of pegs and where can I get them?

View attachment 558914
Just dont accidentally scrape off any of that popcorn from the ceiling unless you want asbestos poisoning.

I assume the stock cape is the same as the one on the JL regular suit right? I have a custom wired cape for it, so I guess it will fit on the tactical. I need to get a custom drape maybe. Also, I read somewhere that peg extensions on the ankles helps with proportions. Is this true and if so what types of pegs and where can I get them?
BvS and JL Batman have different capes. JL cape is softer and feels like cloth on the inside. BvS cape is brittle and feels like paper. The JL cape is much nicer. The SS cape is wired.

Is it just me or the SS Batman suit has a much better material than the BVS one? The BVS one is a lot more sticky while the SS one seems much smoother

Can’t do it…collectors all have their own idiosyncrasies, and mine is an iron-clad rule…even though I know that there are several custom capes that are far superior than the Hot Toys one I need all of my figures to be stock and completely unaltered.
My collection is customization-free.

That’s a shame that there have been issues with the BvS suit sticking to itself. I consider myself fortunate.

Back