1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point, I'm holding out hope that the "next big thing" crowd start flipping these like crazy to get the updated Justice League Batman and, by doing so, saturate the market to such a degree that secondary prices, at least, marginally drop, because, frankly, I'm not crazy about the weird looking cowl and padded suit, anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if the tech cowl/sniper rifle version maintain price, but regular will probably drop a bit. Agree that this is superior to the Justice league suit though.

Recently picked this guy up. Over retail, but not too bad. Got the tech cowl version.

That won't be the case. As soon as the new one drops, all will hail it's superiority over this version...happens with every release. Even if the new one is clearly no better than the original or sometimes not even as good. The collector market is fickle and the next shiny thing that comes along seems to always be proclaimed as the best!

That won't be the case. As soon as the new one drops, all will hail it's superiority over this version...happens with every release. Even if the new one is clearly no better than the original or sometimes not even as good. The collector market is fickle and the next shiny thing that comes along seems to always be proclaimed as the best!

It didn't seem that way for Ant-Man.

At this point, I'm holding out hope that the "next big thing" crowd start flipping these like crazy to get the updated Justice League Batman and, by doing so, saturate the market to such a degree that secondary prices, at least, marginally drop, because, frankly, I'm not crazy about the weird looking cowl and padded suit, anyway.

I hope that happens, i'd buy on then. The prices this goes for now are ridiculous.

It didn't seem that way for Ant-Man.

I don't know about that. As SOON as he was announced, it was hailed as better than the original. Had a full headsculpt, folks said the costume design was better and maligned the original for all the same reasons. It wasn't until it was actually released that the praise started to wain due to the headsculpt not being perceived as being as good as the prototype.

It's not all the collectors but there are a great many of them. Anyway, just be prepared to pounce on the first Batfleck figure you see as there will be guys jettisoning them from their collections.

No doubt people will praise the new one but I feel like HT production numbers dropped so while there will be people flipping for the new one I don't think these will saturate the market because I think less were made than past HT releases.

Not picking this up is a huge regret. I can't really justify it at the aftermarket price.

I know what you mean – somehow I completely missed the standard release... kept checking my usual traders but never saw it!
I love the look of the figure - I loved the movie and interpretation of Batman, and already have Superman... wanted this Batman to make up my Justice League (hoping they do Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg that is).
However, buying these figures means saving the pennies for me, so I won't pay stupid prices for this figure... I got Superman for £180 just after release and was hoping to do the same with Batman... oh well, i'll have to hope SS Batman gets released or will have to settle for a JL version!!! :slap

I don't know about that. As SOON as he was announced, it was hailed as better than the original. Had a full headsculpt, folks said the costume design was better and maligned the original for all the same reasons. It wasn't until it was actually released that the praise started to wain due to the headsculpt not being perceived as being as good as the prototype.

It's not all the collectors but there are a great many of them. Anyway, just be prepared to pounce on the first Batfleck figure you see as there will be guys jettisoning them from their collections.

Nah, people were definitely saying the CW Ant-Man was a backwards step. Next to no-one preferred the newer version at the time of the prototype.

Unless the JL suit is much lighter than it has so far looked in promo pics I doubt I'll even buy that figure let alone say its better than this one. HT made the BVS suit a little darker than it should have been so who knows maybe they'll make the JL suit lighter than it should be. :lol

I know what you mean – somehow I completely missed the standard release... kept checking my usual traders but never saw it!
I love the look of the figure - I loved the movie and interpretation of Batman, and already have Superman... wanted this Batman to make up my Justice League (hoping they do Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg that is).
However, buying these figures means saving the pennies for me, so I won't pay stupid prices for this figure... I got Superman for £180 just after release and was hoping to do the same with Batman... oh well, i'll have to hope SS Batman gets released or will have to settle for a JL version!!! :slap

How much are you expecting to pay for this Batfleck figure? I jumped on a chance to get one from forbiddenplanet.com when they were briefly in stock but still have my initial order coming from Belgium(the only European retailer I could find that still had it up for pre-order at the time).
https://www.lacitedesnuages.be/bout...42&type=129&code_lg=lg_us&num=12#.WHKl3vmLRhG
Rather than lose my deposit I'm just keeping the order and sell it when it gets here, mid to late January according to their site now. I paid 260 Euros, won't be trying to scalp, just make my money back on it.

You guys should just save your money and get the Suicide Squad version. I seriously doubt that the reg version will be back to retail price anytime soon :lecture

I was lucky to have snagged Batman on BBTS a couple months ago, during one of the brief moments he was available to order. Now I'm on the lookout for Deadpool at retail.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

636185731336948787-JL-20284-59r_zps4p2doocz.jpg

Speaking of whether to shell out for this Batman or the JL version we got a new photo today!

I don't like it that much but hey its Batman.

Great new pic - I like that new Batman suit but it does have a hint of George Clooney about it and Wonder Woman looks a bit fake!

Back