1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are two suits, the standard suit which is in the middle and then the "tactical suit" which is the one that looks like the Batman Arkham games suit. The goggles are slid up in that large pic, which means I have a feeling they'll be removed when we actually see this suit in action.

Not liking the new batsuit's. Step back from the BVS suit on what we've seen so far.

My sentiments as well.

I doubt I'll be getting much from the JL film actually. The only two might be Flash and Aquaman, and MAYBE WW. I may just wait for solo Flash and Aquaman films though before getting them to see if I like those suits even more than the JL ones. I already have all the Batflecks from BvS so getting more would be a Batfleck overload. It helps that from what I've seen so far, I like every single BvS look for Batman (regular, KM and armored) over JL. With Superman, the only thing I think the figure will be boasting is a newly fabricated sculpt, being that his hair is now parted the other way. Other than that, it appears to be the very same suit as BvS. Being that I likely won't have any other JL figures, JL Supes won't have a group to go with. I'll most likely wait until MoS 2 to get another Superman figure. It may have a different suit design and at the very least, will sport a repaint of the JL Supes sculpt.

My sentiments as well.

I doubt I'll be getting much from the JL film actually. The only two might be Flash and Aquaman, and MAYBE WW. I may just wait for solo Flash and Aquaman films though before getting them to see if I like those suits even more than the JL ones. I already have all the Batflecks from BvS so getting more would be a Batfleck overload. It helps that from what I've seen so far, I like every single BvS look for Batman (regular, KM and armored) over JL. With Superman, the only thing I think the figure will be boasting is a newly fabricated sculpt, being that his hair is now parted the other way. Other than that, it appears to be the very same suit as BvS. Being that I likely won't have any other JL figures, JL Supes won't have a group to go with. I'll most likely wait until MoS 2 to get another Superman figure. It may have a different suit design and at the very least, will sport a repaint of the JL Supes sculpt.

At this rate I likely won't get any JL Batman figures. If I get a regular Supes it would have to be a clear improvement over the BVS version which I would then sell. Same with WW, if its better than the BVS figure I'll probably upgrade her. Can't afford to have more than one regular version of each character. A black suit Supes if it happens would be an instant preorder for me but I won't be buying lots of variant figures. I'll get Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg if Hot Toys make them and they to may be recycled as updated versions from newer movies are released.

When this Snyderverse finishes I just want the trinity in the middle of one shelf with the other JL members flanking them. Doesn't bother me if they all come from different movies within the same universe. Hopefully I'm not completely broke when that day comes. :lol

I'm also stil prefer the bvs suit over the JL batsuit, but I will reserve my final opinion until I seet it in theatre or hot toys prototype. I wasn't too fond of the bvs suit the first time I saw it. I still don't like the bvs suit based on the comparison photo of the photo from previous page.
honestly I hope they prove me wrong once again:wink1:

With that new pic I'd say I love the tactical batsuit from JL as much as I love the regular batsuit from BvS. Love how it resembles the Arkham Origins game while the previous resembles the comics, and as a fan of both looks from both media I give a tip of the hat to Snyder and his crew for the design.

Nah, people were definitely saying the CW Ant-Man was a backwards step. Next to no-one preferred the newer version at the time of the prototype.

Sorry to derail the thread but this is absolutely inaccurate. When the prototype of CW Ant-Man was shown, there was praise for the full Paul Rudd headsculpt. It wasnt until after its release that a lot of guys started saying it wasn't that good. Before that, guys were dumping the original for the CW version. They even complained that the original didn't come with a full headsculpt.

Maybe you haven't been around long enough since you've only been a member for a year. This is par for the course around here. New version gets announced, guys start praising it over the original...some even dump the original before the new one gets released. New one gets released and most praise it for being "far superior" to the first offering.

Actually, most are usually only marginally better and definitely come with their own shortcomings.

That being said, while it sucks that I missed this one, it'll be last years prom queen soon enough. And when it does, if I don't decide to pick up the newer version ("better"), I'll take advantage of one of the ones that become available for a more reasonable price.

Sorry to derail the thread but this is absolutely inaccurate. When the prototype of CW Ant-Man was shown, there was praise for the full Paul Rudd headsculpt. It wasnt until after its release that a lot of guys started saying it wasn't that good. Before that, guys were dumping the original for the CW version. They even complained that the original didn't come with a full headsculpt.

Maybe you haven't been around long enough since you've only been a member for a year. This is par for the course around here. New version gets announced, guys start praising it over the original...some even dump the original before the new one gets released. New one gets released and most praise it for being "far superior" to the first offering.

Actually, most are usually only marginally better and definitely come with their own shortcomings.

That being said, while it sucks that I missed this one, it'll be last years prom queen soon enough. And when it does, if I don't decide to pick up the newer version ("better"), I'll take advantage of one of the ones that become available for a more reasonable price.
Didn't people say the head sculpt looked like Ben Affleck?

Some did. I'm not making an judgement on all collectors opinions. Just saying there are plenty out there who can't resist the urge to "upgrade" to the new hot item. Some even before anything is announced.

For example; There were guys saying they were skipping the CW Black Panther because the next one, which we have no ideal what it will look like, probably will have a Chad Boseman headsculpt and possibly come with a cape. They are skipping a great looking figure, which had a great looking prototype, unlike this Batfleck, because it MIGHT come with a headsculpt and cape...which we have 0 indication if that's the case. Not a rumor or a leaked pic or nuffin. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that ideal. I'm just saying it exist in this community and those who miss out will have other opportunities to catch up because of it.

Maybe that's wishful thinking but I don't think so because it happens every time HTs revisits a figure. Guys dumped the original DX Bale Bats only to find out the new one didn't have all the bells and whistles as the old one. They dumped the old Mark 3 for the diecast new one only to find out it lacked waist and ankle articulation. Some dumped the old War Machine for the new one only to notice he had weird elbows, big feet and was considerably taller than the original. Collectors that didn't have those figures benefited from the early adopters, let's call them, and I bet dollars to donuts the same thing will happen with this. And for those of us who are missing out right now, we can double back and benefit from that...phenomenon.

Last edited:
Some did. I'm not making an judgement on all collectors opinions. Just saying there are plenty out there who can't resist the urge to "upgrade" to the new hot item. Some even before anything is announced.

For example; There were guys saying they were skipping the CW Black Panther because the next one, which we have no ideal what it will look like, probably will have a Chad Boseman headsculpt and possibly come with a cape. They are skipping a great looking figure, which had a great looking prototype, unlike this Batfleck, because it MIGHT come with a headsculpt and cape...which we have 0 indication if that's the case. Not a rumor or a leaked pic or nuffin. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that ideal. I'm just saying it exist in this community and those who miss out will have other opportunities to catch up because of it.

Maybe that's wishful thinking but I don't think so because it happens every time HTs revisits a figure. Guys dumped the original DX Bale Bats only to find out the new one didn't have all the bells and whistles as the old one. They dumped the old Mark 3 for the diecast new one only to find out it lacked waist and ankle articulation. Some dumped the old War Machine for the new one only to notice he had weird elbows, big feet and was considerably taller than the original. Collectors that didn't have those figures benefited from the early adopters, let's call them, and I bet dollars to donuts the same thing will happen with this. And for those of us who are missing out right now, we can double back and benefit from that...phenomenon.
I think that's what happen to Ant-Man. The new one was announced and the old went on wait list on Sideshow.

The BVS Superman won't drop because
Of the JL figure. Different suits plus the BVS one is better.

If they release the SS version, depending on what it comes with, that will drop the BVS one. That said, as nice as the first one is, it is not worth $350.

When the proto pictures were first shown, from what I recall, many people were saying they much preferred the suit of the first Ant-Man and therefore, were content with sticking with their first AM figure. Most of the people who showed interest in the CW one were the people who missed out on the first AM figure.

However, I don't believe it has reached SSC yet, so it hasn't really started making its full rounds so to speak and getting in the hands of many people, so I don't know if many people are now saying that it's the AM figure to have and that if you have the first figure, you need to sell it pronto and "upgrade" to the new one.

That actually seems to be the norm around here: prototype pictures release, people malign the figure in what it's lacking and say how much they prefer the previous one, then when people start getting it in hand, it's the greatest one yet and is a "must have" over the previous rendition. Then after a few months, the rose colored glasses come off and people start vetting each figure with a more level head.

If you want the most accurate opinion on a figure, wait until people start reviewing it after it's been out for a few months and they've had it for a bit, as opposed to when they're hyped up on the excitement of a new figure.

I regret missing this figure with the sniper rifle so much.

bang-head-2.jpg

Put the suits side by side, liking the owl suit now, the normal justice league suit is a pass

View attachment 315341

Don't know why they added those silly panels to the JL suit (middle image) – the BvS suit is pretty near perfect, just add scallops to the cape and maybe longer ears but that's it! The last suit (from the new JL image) I like... very Arkham gamesesque, and I can understand the reasoning behind Batman needing a bit more protection, bearing in mind their adversaries. I'd probably pick that version up, but I'd want the rest of the JL beforehand.
Now, all I need is to get hold of the BvS Batman figure!

How much are you expecting to pay for this Batfleck figure? I jumped on a chance to get one from forbiddenplanet.com when they were briefly in stock but still have my initial order coming from Belgium(the only European retailer I could find that still had it up for pre-order at the time).
https://www.lacitedesnuages.be/bout...42&type=129&code_lg=lg_us&num=12#.WHKl3vmLRhG
Rather than lose my deposit I'm just keeping the order and sell it when it gets here, mid to late January according to their site now. I paid 260 Euros, won't be trying to scalp, just make my money back on it.

To be honest - whether it's my principles or just that i'm a tight-***e, I won't pay over the odds... £200 is pretty much my limit, I don't think i've paid over that for any Hot Toys figure so far... for Batman i'd maybe stretch to about £230... but i'd want free postage with that!!!

To be honest - whether it's my principles or just that i'm a tight-***e, I won't pay over the odds... £200 is pretty much my limit, I don't think i've paid over that for any Hot Toys figure so far... for Batman i'd maybe stretch to about £230... but i'd want free postage with that!!!

I don't think Hot Toys are worth the retail price, let alone the mark ups on the secondary market. This Batman is an anomaly. I can't quite figure out why he is sold out everywhere. My only guess is that he had a really small production run due to having multiple Batman figures on the market at the same time and the potential of a Suicide Squad version being released.

Back