1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys just posted this on their Instagram Page

Attachments

• 1670573568955.jpg
    1670573568955.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1670573569272.jpg
    1670573569272.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1670573569471.jpg
    1670573569471.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1670573569695.jpg
    1670573569695.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1670573569907.jpg
    1670573569907.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1670573570074.jpg
    1670573570074.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1670573570221.jpg
    1670573570221.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1670573570396.jpg
    1670573570396.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 0
I got the Batman simply because it’s hard not to appreciate the history of this suit. Every Batman actor since has basically screen tested in it. The design clearly influenced aspects of the Batman Begins suit which is tied for my favorite. It was also my favorite as a kid because it was the first suit that ditched the yellow oval and it wasn’t super anatomical looking which I always found weird.

I personally enjoyed BF more than BvS because at least it wasn't trying to be what it isn't.
Honestly Batman Forever might be my favorite Batman movie pre-2005, idk it’s a dumb movie but there’s something I like about it and I think Kilmer did a good job and has a very BTAS vibe. I wonder how it would be remembered if a more similar sequel was made instead of Batman & Robin.

Not a fan of how those shoulder plates bulge like that. I know the suit is basically seamless, but i wish they had designed this figure with better arm/shoulder articulation. Like how they did endgame cap. There would be a seam yes, but i think people would be ok with it if it meant better rotation at the shoulder and improved posability. I chose to just get batman. Not a robin fan.

Also from watching that vid the figures looks great, but it has the limited range i expected. What really surprised me though is that they did an iridescent finish on this figure. Is this the first time HT has done this? I remember being angry that HT never did this for the robocop figure, but they did it for this figure. I wasn't expecting this.

I would have preferred had they used a movie poster as the box art like they did with the also just released Batman Begins (re?)release. Just looks classier to me, I dunno. I don't need to see the figure itself on the front, I'm gonna see the figure when I open it up.

I also wish they had used more of that batman forever green font color on the box, instead of all that grey and white. Looks boring once you take the cover off. I also just noticed something. Is the cape on this figure recycled from Tactical Suit Batlfeck?

Last edited:
Also from watching that vid the figures looks great, but it has the limited range i expected. What really surprised me though is that they did an iridescent finish on this figure. Is this the first time HT has done this? I remember being angry that HT never did this for the robocop figure, but they did it for this figure. I wasn't expecting this.
Probably the first time on a Batman figure at least. The Arkham City Batman suit is also iridescent between purple and navy blue, but the HT figure is completely flat, ditto with the 89 Batmobile which was supposed to be a two tone flip flop color while the figure was just a shiny black. I'm glad to see this figure having the right colors for once.

Re: Speculation: Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Just making figures from old licenses wouldn't be a challenge though - if I were to guess I'd say they're going ahead with some of those Star Wars dioramas like the Falcon cockpit and maybe the main hold. I dunno.

Squinting over to those unfinished T1 1/6 Endos...

Wow this figure looks absolutely incredible. I don't really like the movie, but that batman looks so good. Might have to pick him up some day. Idk if I'll get robin though.

I also wish they had used more of that batman forever green font color on the box, instead of all that grey and white. Looks boring once you take the cover off.
Come to think of it though, I wasn't totally in love with the boxes for DX08/09 either. I loved the format but not the cover art-choice necessarily as I felt the images were too indistinct.....if memory serves. They're in the attic....hopefully still in good condition :unsure:
Not a fan of how those shoulder plates bulge like that. I know the suit is basically seamless, but i wish they had designed this figure with better arm/shoulder articulation. Like how they did endgame cap. There would be a seam yes, but i think people would be ok with it if it meant better rotation at the shoulder and improved posability. I chose to just get batman. Not a robin fan.

Agreed...although I'm a museum pose guy mainly. I find I get bored of action poses quicker, oddly enough, and always revert to museum in the end anyway.

Squinting over to those unfinished T1 1/6 Endos...

Maybe if/when Inart announces they're doing Terminator figures.....

Back