1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think it’s a shock that the most delayed figures involve head sculpts and that they are delayed probably due to legal issues and/or a lack of painters available in HK, and that is probably due to strict covid restrictions.
I think you are correct. Looking at releases all the way back to the summer when the last of the coming soon figure came out (Miles Morales), we have 7 figures (Winter Solider, Cable, Boba w/ Throne, Echo, Black Widow, Mech Test Tony, and Bo Katan) out of 30 releases that had new portraits (not a portrait we've seen before) that weren't cartoons (Captain Carter). That's not counting double releases such as the two versions of Boba, Tony etc.

And if the latest trend of sideshow being in the know and sending out arriving soon emails continues to be correct, out of the next 4, only one has a portrait (Jesse).

Not sure if it's the painting or the casting that's the bottle neck, but the trend seems to be way more releases without portraits than with.

I think you are correct. Looking at releases all the way back to the summer when the last of the coming soon figure came out (Miles Morales), we have 7 figures (Winter Solider, Cable, Boba w/ Throne, Echo, Black Widow, Mech Test Tony, and Bo Katan) out of 30 releases that had new portraits (not a portrait we've seen before) that weren't cartoons (Captain Carter). That's not counting double releases such as the two versions of Boba, Tony etc.

And if the latest trend of sideshow being in the know and sending out arriving soon emails continues to be correct, out of the next 4, only one has a portrait (Jesse).

Not sure if it's the painting or the casting that's the bottle neck, but the trend seems to be way more releases without portraits than with.
Yeah as someone said in another thread, Clone troopers are reasonably easy now, The moulds are for the most part done and they just need to slap a fresh coat of paint on it (although I’m sure it’s not as simple as I’m making out). I think our patience gets in the way of the amount of effort it takes to produce these things and the covid restrictions must be hair greying/pulling.

Jürgen Schulz on OSR on Facebook keeps great overviews of the HT releases, including initial release date range, actual release date, and which ones were/are delayed.
As you guys said, the most delayed usually are human sculpts, particularly female.
Here an overview of this year, courtesy of JS:
FB_IMG_1668590903819.jpg
FB_IMG_1668590908823.jpg

Jürgen Schulz on OSR on Facebook keeps great overviews of the HT releases, including initial release date range, actual release date, and which ones were/are delayed.
As you guys said, the most delayed usually are human sculpts, particularly female.
View attachment 608188View attachment 608189
Love his work! I keep a copy locally to keep track of these things, since sideshow dates don't really mean anything.

That’s awesome. I have a tracker as well but it’s not that detailed. And the female head sculpts is an interesting point especially considering the latest releases are Bo-Katan and Black Widow. I wonder if that’s how they prioritise the work - by gender lol?

I wonder what's holding back Loki...the last time someone posted a compound info pic of HK shipment to sideshow which already included the Ex Mark 46 and bunch of other already released figure...the only one left is Loki which was on it but he we are still waiting :/

I wonder what's holding back Loki...the last time someone posted a compound info pic of HK shipment to sideshow which already included the Ex Mark 46 and bunch of other already released figure...the only one left is Loki which was on it but he we are still waiting :/
Tom Hiddleston lol? There are three Loki’s in the pipeline.

Looking forward to seeing these. The older Batman films seem to escape the off-putting mass-customizing mania that surrounds the Nolan trilogy. I hope these are good enough for that to remain the case.

oooh this is good news.
Just seen Doc Brown has appeared on a couple of the Hong Kong sites so hope these won't be far behind

Been so stoked for these for so long

Neil

Back