1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anybody else have those McDonald’s Batman forever glasses? I seem to have dug up a memory of those. I didn’t remember before but after watching the movie again I remember getting a few. So nostalgic
The glass tumblers? The hype for the film that summer was insane when I was a kid

Did anybody else have those McDonald’s Batman forever glasses? I seem to have dug up a memory of those. I didn’t remember before but after watching the movie again I remember getting a few. So nostalgic
The ones from the happy meal? I had them but lost them in a move. Might have to hit up eBay.

Got a few of the Batman Forever glasses, the Riddler one was my favorite as a kid, also have the Flintstones Movie glasses too, that was such a fun time for movie promo tie-ins and merchandise

First week of August is freaking nuts for lego.
Dude I know, I’m a huge caste fan and that lion knights castle is a day 1 purchase for me, then the space ship set, I hate lego because I’m a Harry Potter fan and they want me to shell out 130 just for that staircase 🫣, what sucks is that I have all the new sets from the wave and I don’t want to buy doubles just for a promo.

I want august to be here already but damn I’m dreading it also 😭

Anyone know if he'll be shown at the comic con?
Unfortunately not, since announcement, these have not been shown at any western conference. Only places I've seen it shown is either at one of the "base"s at HK, a taiwan expo, and the DC event at toy sapiens in japan.

Not sure why, I'd imagine the market for these are bigger in the west but maybe I'm wrong.

I remember those. We got the Batman and Robin mugs (maybe Riddler, but I know we never got Two-Face), but they're somewhere in my parents' house at this point. I recall they also had some special burger for the movie that I really loved too. [looked it up, and it was the "Super Hero Burger"]

Does anyone know why this suit is advertised as the “Sonar Suit” and not just the regular suit?
Yes, he utilizes the sonar feature toward the end of the film, but is this suit any different than the regular suit worn throughout the rest of the film?
Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know why this suit is advertised as the “Sonar Suit” and not just the regular suit?
Yes, he utilizes the sonar feature toward the end of the film, but is this suit any different than the regular suit worn throughout the rest of the film?
Thanks in advance!
Here's a pretty good comparison. The suits themselves are fairly different. The panther suit is an evolution of the 89 batman with the musculature and *ahem* nipples. The sonar suit is a precursor to the begins suit with a more technical look and the same H.R. Giger alien inspired designed that continues on from the bat vehicles.

In canon the explanation for the suit change is that the Sonar suit is the only one not destroyed when the riddler blows up the batcave. I don't think, other than the ability of sonar vision and usage of the sonar batarang, there is any other reason to call this suit the "sonar" suit.

Attachments

• alexander-stojanov-kilmer-panther-01.jpg
    alexander-stojanov-kilmer-panther-01.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 0
  • alexander-stojanov-kilmer-sonar-01.jpg
    alexander-stojanov-kilmer-sonar-01.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
Here's a pretty good comparison. The suits themselves are fairly different. The panther suit is an evolution of the 89 batman with the musculature and *ahem* nipples. The sonar suit is a precursor to the begins suit with a more technical look and the same H.R. Giger alien inspired designed that continues on from the bat vehicles.

In canon the explanation for the suit change is that the Sonar suit is the only one not destroyed when the riddler blows up the batcave. I don't think, other than the ability of sonar vision and usage of the sonar batarang, there is any other reason to call this suit the "sonar" suit.
Awesome reply and great explanation! Thanks so much!
I haven’t seen Batman Forever in… well forever! So I totally forgot he initially had nipples like Robin. The “Sonar Suit” really looks cool.
Has Hot Toys ever done the “Panther Suit”?

Awesome reply and great explanation! Thanks so much!
I haven’t seen Batman Forever in… well forever! So I totally forgot he initially had nipples like Robin. The “Sonar Suit” really looks cool.
Has Hot Toys ever done the “Panther Suit”?
They have not and I know a lot of fans were hoping for it, because despite the nipples, a lot of fans consider it the best "muscular" batsuit, a perfecting of the 89 suit. Not that I can speak for HT, but while those fans made a fair point that he didn't use this suit until the end, I think HT wanted to recreate the team up of Batman and Robin more than anything, and this was the suit when they were together. And while no one other than Howard should claim to know what HT will do next, I would be EXTREMELY surprised if they make the panther suit. I think we were extremely lucky to get even these two.

I know it's not a HT suit, but prime 1 has put up preorders for all 3 (panther, sonar, and robin) worth checking out, even if you are not a statue collector. From the solicitation pics, they all look amazing, and I'd say the panther is the best of the bunch.

https://www.prime1studio.com/dcbf-batman-mmbm-01uts.htmlhttps://www.prime1studio.com/dcbf-batman-sonar-suit-mmbm-04s.htmlhttps://www.prime1studio.com/dcbf-robin-mmbm-03.html

It’s called the Sonar suit because Alfred refers to it as the “prototype suit with sonar modifications”.

It was a suit Bruce was working on down in the Batcave that was the only one left after the Batcave was destroyed.

It’s called the Sonar suit because Alfred refers to it as the “prototype suit with sonar modifications”.

It was a suit Bruce was working on down in the Batcave that was the only one left after the Batcave was destroyed.
I know right, I’m sitting here reading “Iamironman”s explanations.
Wow-just stick to ironman- IAmIronman - you’re embarrassing yourself here.

Last edited:
I know right, I’m sitting here reading “Iamironman”s explanations.
Wow-just stick to ironman- IAmIronman - you’re embarrassing yourself here.
Bro...what?
Literally from my first post, which was in response to a poster asking specifically about the differences between the two suits. I didn't read Fabio's response as a rebuttal to mine, just his own take. And from the way I read it, is just adding on to what I said:

"In canon the explanation for the suit change is that the Sonar suit is the only one not destroyed when the riddler blows up the batcave. I don't think, other than the ability of sonar vision and usage of the sonar batarang, there is any other reason to call this suit the "sonar" suit."

Maybe you should stick to....creasy-ing :)

Wow, awesome comparison. I think they're both really great Batsuits. I hope Hot Toys make the Panther aswell but who knows with them.

Wow, awesome comparison. I think they're both really great Batsuits. I hope Hot Toys make the Panther aswell but who knows with them.
now you're making me crave for a panther suit when the figure hasn't even come out yet. i'd love for this figure to have multiple mouthplates like previous batmans but that seems unlikely to happen. im still really curious why they didn't give this figure multiple mouthplates

Back