Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some better pics.

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

You guys aren't getting the reason why this is a two pack. These characters don't have a lot of accessories. That is why they are being packed together. Sure Scarecrow could have come with an umasked head, but that is probably why they released him as an exclusive. Plus the lighter, briefcase, etc weren't used when in this outfit.
I think the reason they are being packed together is because Demon Bats was a relatively cheap figure to make (since the base already existed), and wouldn't sell by itself. Folks want Scarecrow, Hot Toys knows it, so they force us to pay twice as much to get that figure plus Demon Bats. Add in the basic nature of Scarecrow and the lack of accessories, and HT gets a nice financial return on this release.

And Elvis, please stop posting those pics. I'm still kicking myself for not ordering that mask when you were offering them :banghead

I'll gladly take that off your hands then :pray:

Um, based only on this one pic you posted...i like yours about 100 times more...yours doesn't look as cheap and tossed together as HT's.

Nice Job!

M.

Seb: I'll take yours over Hot Toys' anytime. :rock

WOW! Thank you!

The mask and straitjacket are Seb's work of course. It's a beautiful custom and I'm very, very pleased to own it.

I think HT did a good job on the finer details -- jacket straps, correct boots -- and as a sculpt the HT one is terrific. I prefer a cloth mask myself like I prefer real hats to sculpted ones...but it's still a nice sculpt to be sure.

WOW! Thank you!

The mask and straitjacket are Seb's work of course. It's a beautiful custom and I'm very, very pleased to own it.

I think HT did a good job on the finer details -- jacket straps, correct boots -- and as a sculpt the HT one is terrific. I prefer a cloth mask myself like I prefer real hats to sculpted ones...but it's still a nice sculpt to be sure.

Yea man, looks like i'll have to settle on the Hot Toys figure in light of the limited amount of seb's version but i think overall, HT did a pretty decent job.

If your ever looking for a home for that figure, feel free to hit me up :)

That custom does look very very good, even the posture of the figure. Still I find it peculiar the glee you guys take in Hot Toys being one-upped by a customiser. It almost sounds like you wish for Hot Toys to put out an inferior product.

I'm getting why it's a two-pack. What I ain't getting is why it's a $350 two-pack. Nice price for the fans, but being a fence-sitter I just can't see the value.

Not a hater. Just a tightwad :)

:exactly::goodpost:

I wouldn't mind the two-pack, but I do mind the price. Someone did say that the quoted prices for exclusives are higher than the actual sale price (as what happens at SDCC from what was mentioned), so I'm holding on to that hope.

For now, I do find this set too overpriced for $350. Either they give us more accessories, or they lower the asking price. As it stands, this set is more expensive than the DX01 and DX02 combined!

Plus the lighter, briefcase, etc weren't used when in this outfit.

I thought this suit was what he wore throughout the movie?

And if that is true, he would have used all of those things, or at least the lighter while in this suit.

EDIT: I guess he didn't, but that doesn't mean they couldn't include it just because he had a different colored tie.

There is a reason this is an EXCLUSIVE afterall guys. Demon Bats is a perfect figure for an exlcusive like this, but adding Scarecrow seems to be confusing everyone about that. I think Scarecrow was an added bonus to the set really. They didn't bother giving us the CM head because this was probably a rush job. No time for approvals on his likeness. If this set does well enough, perhaps they will make a standard suited Scarecrow (from TDK perhaps) and include the CM sculpt then? But this is Scarecrow from the very end of Begins. True he was unmasked during the Demon scene, but give a choice between only getting an unmasked head or a masked head, I definately want the masked head. Unless this came with two full outfits, I'd probably never display the CM head on it, so I'd be force to track down a different suit, body, etc anyway for a Dr. Crane figure.

I'm just thrilled we are getting a Scarecrow after all of this time. I figured since we never got one in TDK line, we wouldn't get one, let alone the awesome begins version. The 'madhouse uniform' as HT likes to call it, is a great outfit for Scarecrow. Otherwise he was just a guy in a suit with a sack on his head. A cool sack, but still just a sack.

And I find this hilarious actually since I'm going as Scarecrow for Halloween. Great timing! :D

Yea man, looks like i'll have to settle on the Hot Toys figure in light of the limited amount of seb's version but i think overall, HT did a pretty decent job.

If your ever looking for a home for that figure, feel free to hit me up :)

Oh, definitely. Which is why I will be getting Hot Toys' version too!

Think I'm gonna buy! I really really like Scarecrow despite the lack of accessories.
Don't forget about Gordon Hot Toys!!

There is a reason this is an EXCLUSIVE afterall guys. Demon Bats is a perfect figure for an exlcusive like this, but adding Scarecrow seems to be confusing everyone about that. I think Scarecrow was an added bonus to the set really. They didn't bother giving us the CM head because this was probably a rush job. No time for approvals on his likeness. If this set does well enough, perhaps they will make a standard suited Scarecrow (from TDK perhaps) and include the CM sculpt then? But this is Scarecrow from the very end of Begins. True he was unmasked during the Demon scene, but give a choice between only getting an unmasked head or a masked head, I definately want the masked head. Unless this came with two full outfits, I'd probably never display the CM head on it, so I'd be force to track down a different suit, body, etc anyway for a Dr. Crane figure.

I'm just thrilled we are getting a Scarecrow after all of this time. I figured since we never got one in TDK line, we wouldn't get one, let alone the awesome begins version. The 'madhouse uniform' as HT likes to call it, is a great outfit for Scarecrow. Otherwise he was just a guy in a suit with a sack on his head. A cool sack, but still just a sack.

And I find this hilarious actually since I'm going as Scarecrow for Halloween. Great timing! :D

Yup I always thought that the Demon Bats is just an accessory to Scarecrow, but it seems that it's the other way around :) I'm hoping that HT decides to release another Scarecrow figure. I hope the price of this set gets lower. Someone said that retailers usually put a 20-25% markup. If so, then this set might retail for $275 outside Japan.

Everyone is overreacting. Overreacting causes value to increase. Increased value causes people to pay more than they should.

Sit back, relax and wait and see what happens in December. Hot Toys might very well have a few thousand for another event or exclusive planned that we don't know.

We just got found all this stuff out TODAY. Nobody can say for certain what's going to happen. Let it sink in for a little bit.

Back