Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi (The Clone Wars)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
annoying that hot toys deleted the blogger photo album for this figure, did anyone happen to save them? only a few floating around.

I know it is an unpopular opinion but the TCW inspired gauntlets are really growing on me.

My head canon will be that they gave Kenobi (and Mace, and possible future Jedi) a set of clone armor and they adjusted and played with it on their own.

obi-wan-lightsaber-obi-wan-clone-wars.gif

I know it is an unpopular opinion but the TCW inspired gauntlets are really growing on me.

My head canon will be that they gave Kenobi (and Mace, and possible future Jedi) a set of clone armor and they adjusted and played with it on their own.

Nah, just call it Jedi armour. Custom made by Kaminoans for each Jedi because standard clone armour was ill fitting/heavy/restrictive etc. Maybe each jedi had a full suit but they ended up using only parts to keep them unrestricted, better for saber fighting.

Funny thing is, Obi-Wan wore full armor in the 2003 series, which is also where the cloak came from. Hot Toys ended up going with the 2008 series look but with the 2003 cloak.

Sideshow did the same thing with their "Mythos" Clone Wars Kenobi, and HT did the same with Anakin.

Just allows for different posing options, love that they gave Kenobi wiring in the cloak too.

Funny thing is, Obi-Wan wore full armor in the 2003 series, which is also where the cloak came from. Hot Toys ended up going with the 2008 series look but with the 2003 cloak.
Luckily, to make a proper 2003 Kenobi is not too hard now. Get standard reg clone, put magnets under armour for cloak to attach, add inner robe part on, tucking under belt (belt might need extending a little), add Kenobi saber and if using phase 1 helmet you are done, if you want unhelmeted then little trickier, need AOTC style head so might need custom or repainted Sideshow one

It doesn’t match the Clone armour in the show either. It’s just unique armour that is sort or similar go Clone armour.

So irritated by this, it didn’t show low stock last night, and I went to order it just now, and it’s suddenly all gone
Same. That’s the curse of waiting for more in-hand reviews to see what the final product looks like too.

I’m confident there will be more of this one, but checking last night didn’t show Low Stock, so I thought I could way for my paycheck this week to put down a deposit. Not much warning from Sideshow.

I've seen a few people mention in FB groups that are HT sellers that this is now 100% shipped and there is now no HK stock remaining.
Just to inform everyone if anyone is on the fence, I would buy now.

Same with Mace Windu.

So irritated by this, it didn’t show low stock last night, and I went to order it just now, and it’s suddenly all gone
Yeah the same thing happened with Mace. Strange that there was no low stock alert like usual. Just got the sake of argument and not saying this will be the same case, but Koska Reeves did a similar move before coming right back in stock 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've seen a few people mention in FB groups that are HT sellers that this is now 100% shipped and there is now no HK stock remaining.
Just to inform everyone if anyone is on the fence, I would buy now.

Same with Mace Windu.
Buy WHERE? I’m on three store Waitlists.

Back