Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely agree about the lighter being included. A nice touch would also be a briefcase with a mask in it, and a Murphy head.

Also, does anyone know what the fear gas sprayer that Scarecrow uses looks like?

Yeah, there's no doubt that Seb's mask is fantastic. The tailoring, judging by the pics is great. I know I could never put that together.

BUT, like you said, the Hot Toys sculpt captures the film version of Scarecrow better. I'm sure if Hot Toys tried using fabric, they'd fail miserably.

In the end though, all most people care about is accuracy so the Hot Toys version wins.

Yeah, there's no doubt that Seb's mask is fantastic. The tailoring, judging by the pics is great. I know I could never put that together.

BUT, like you said, the Hot Toys sculpt captures the film version of Scarecrow better. I'm sure if Hot Toys tried using fabric, they'd fail miserably.

In the end though, all most people care about is accuracy so the Hot Toys version wins.

In your opinion, of course.

IMO there is no comparison between Sebs mask and HT product. Both took skill to produce and in film accuracy HT wins. And for sure talent and the creative mind to make out of material Seb wins. so it's a win win :) Both look great in there own right. Having said that I can't wait to demon bats and ht scarecrow in my collection asap!

And there you go.

Haters gonna hate.:elefant

What?:dunno So i think hot toys is more accurate looking..i don't see whats wrong with me thinking that:dunno.. as it's my personal opinion..do you label everyone who has a different opinion to yours a "hater" ??

I can see that you also think ht is more accurate then seb's ..but don't go round calling people "haters".

What?:dunno So i think hot toys is more accurate looking..i don't see whats wrong with me thinking that:dunno.. as it is my personal opinion..do you label everyone who has a different opinion to yours a "hater" ??

What? No. I agree that the Hot Toys version is more accurate. I'm saying that I guess people that think that way are "haters", myself included.

So wait, yeah. You are a hater! ME TOO.

I always thought Seb's mask wasn't accurate, but admired the craftmanship, and I got burned for it.

You guys aren't getting the reason why this is a two pack. These characters don't have a lot of accessories. That is why they are being packed together. Sure Scarecrow could have come with an umasked head, but that is probably why they released him as an exclusive. Plus the lighter, briefcase, etc weren't used when in this outfit.

I think HT is to be applauded for doing these though overall at the end of the day, noone truly expected them to revisit these characters. I think they have given us a nice surprise

You guys aren't getting the reason why this is a two pack. These characters don't have a lot of accessories. That is why they are being packed together. Sure Scarecrow could have come with an umasked head, but that is probably why they released him as an exclusive. Plus the lighter, briefcase, etc weren't used when in this outfit.

totally agree with you there! I definitely hope to get this set if I can.

the only thing that obviously was used that I feel should be part of his outfit (at least for the suit version) is the fear gas/toxin sprayer. but even then, it's an easy custom right there (for me at least)

now I did see a few pages back Seb's custom mask. Gotta say that the craft is great, but like many have said, HT wins when it comes to onscreen accuracy. But at the same time one is sculpted and one is actual material, so I commend Seb on getting as close as he did with he custom mask

OK, here, rip my custom apart :lol

Scarecrow6-2.jpg

I'll admit, I like the HT one better too...but mine is close enough to not spend $300 on a minimal upgrade.

I'm getting why it's a two-pack. What I ain't getting is why it's a $350 two-pack. Nice price for the fans, but being a fence-sitter I just can't see the value.

Not a hater. Just a tightwad :)

I bet Seb would agree.

I agree about the accuracy point.
THe sculpted mask could look more screen accurate maybe.
But even in the movie the mask doesn't look exactly the same twice.
It's becasue it's cloth material.

I tried to replicate as close as i can what i saw in the movie.
But with fabric it's almost impossible.
So i did what i could to get it closer as i can.
I personnaly think that the cloth mask gives him a more realistic look.

OK, here, rip my custom apart :lol

Scarecrow6-2.jpg

I'll admit, I like the HT one better too...but mine is close enough to not spend $300 on a minimal upgrade.

Um, based only on this one pic you posted...i like yours about 100 times more...yours doesn't look as cheap and tossed together as HT's.

Nice Job!

M.

Back