1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grabbed him for $85 shipped. Thinking of going with Jaxon's sculpt and Unreal's cape. But also really love Unreal's cowl, anyone know what he charges for it?

grabbed him for $85 shipped. Thinking of going with Jaxon's sculpt and Unreal's cape. But also really love Unreal's cowl, anyone know what he charges for it?
$300 painted, $140 unpainted
& $40-$70 for delivery depending on your location.

IMG_0145.jpeg
Received my heavily discounted Begins from SSC. For those who have the figure, does this appear to be batch 1 or 2? Should it have some “greasy” areas on the suit out of the box?

Ended up skipping the sale. The custom heads look great but they look huge on his body. I imagine Hot Toys will probably do a version 2.0 at some point to milk sales.

We are all probably going to get the defective glossy suit version. Most likely from the returns department.

These glossy suits should have been re-called and sent to the dump. Imagine paying full price for that. I paid $20 shipped for mine after the discount and rewards and I won't be keeping if it comes like that. I already have the TF one and just picked this one up because It was a deal, had expiring rewards - and I thought the problem was fixed.

Does anyone here have the OT Customs Begins head, and is it swapable with the eyes from the HT figure? I was thinking about ordering an unpainted cowl.

Well that sucks. I’ll try the unrealtoys tape mod and see how that looks afterward.

I had forgotten about the tape thing hmm. I might give that a go as well if mine is glossy even though we shouldn't have to do these things. I wasn't going to do the alcohol thing because that didn't seem wise for rubber and all.

Reference:

A bit of a PITA - and I wish he had shown the more difficult areas. But yeah, it seems to work.

Well that sucks. I’ll try the unrealtoys tape mod and see how that looks afterward.
I posted these before, lefts the 1st batch.
Difference is night & day.
Could be sideshow are running low & selling off returns now, I returned one of mine. It was covered in greasy spots like yours that did wipe off but I wasn’t convinced they wouldn’t come back so they sent me a replacement body.
I would be returning that…

Attachments

• IMG_0696.jpeg
    IMG_0696.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0694.jpeg
    IMG_0694.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0693.jpeg
    IMG_0693.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0497.jpeg
    IMG_0497.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0492.jpeg
    IMG_0492.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Could be sideshow are running low & selling off returns now, I returned one of mine. It was covered in greasy spots like yours that did wipe off but I wasn’t convinced they wouldn’t come back so then sent me a replacement body.
christian bale batman GIF

Could be sideshow are running low & selling off returns now, I returned one of mine. It was covered in greasy spots like yours that did wipe off but I wasn’t convinced they wouldn’t come back so they sent me a replacement body.
Definitely night and day. No guarantees they send me the same ****** v1. How did you explain to them the issue with the body to get a replacement?

Definitely night and day. No guarantees they send me the same ****** v1. How did you explain to them the issue with the body to get a replacement?
Mine had the same greasy spots yours has. I sent photos of the greasy spots, I also noted that while you could wipe the greasy areas, they came back.
One thing with sideshow is they are great if you have a problem. Raise an issue with them and I would suggest you added your photos and said the same as I did about the greasy spots.
Hopefully you get a matte replacement…

I don’t know why you guys keep buying this crap and doing this to yourself. Is this Batman really worth the anguish? Do you really like going through the steps of ordering, waiting to receive to only settle with a subpar product that ends up being used for your parts bin?

I see the same thing in the Robocop threads. Members comes in to said forum, post something along the lines of “OMG, low quantity remaining” or “30% off sale!!! GO GO GO”, and people flock to it. Then a year or two from now, people will be crying that their joint sockets have crumbled.

There’s a reason this thing hasn’t sold out even after repeated discounts. It’s a trash release. They put zero work into it. Even if it didn’t have the greasy, glossy suit, it still has that awful 15 year old head, hands and suit. But oh yeah, let’s buy them, take sticky tape to them and plop down an additional $400 for a headsculpt because “oh wow, Sideshow took off 60 bucks”. Where is the logic in all this?

Collectors never learn. If people stopped giving Sideshow and Hot Toys their money, they’d be forced to make better collectibles . . . or go away and fade into existence, while better toy companies step up to the plate.

Back