1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm morbidly curious to hear shill reviewers on youtube praising this figure while claiming to be huge Batman Begins fans as was the case with the Mezco Predator.
The reviewer collection ventures will say the same thing he says in every review 😂 THIS ONE IS A MUST HAVE GUYS AMAZING JOB BY HOT TOYS

As much as I like to ridicule HT for this figure, perhaps it does help to bring a bit of positivity to this thread and give some hope to those of you who are still actually getting this figure. In the right lighting and posed properly this figure can still look good.

This was my initial display back in 2008:
P1000927_small.jpg

And this was after I made a custom cape for him in 2011. If you put the cape over the cowl (to actually be more movie accurate), it will hide the long neck some more.
batman14.jpg

The reviewer collection ventures will say the same thing he says in every review 😂 THIS ONE IS A MUST HAVE GUYS AMAZING JOB BY HOT TOYS
Most modern day reviewers are idiots so we shouldn’t take what they say seriously.
They use garbage light boxes and say HOT TOYS IS AMAZING BEST COMPANY EVAR I GOT MINE FROM *insert garbage Chinese reseller* BUY YOURS TODAY YOU WON’T REGRET IT!!!

Makes me happy Dean Knight is getting this since he is an actual Begins fan. Now if only Clipperking can get this and review it, that would also be a joy to watch.

As much as I like to ridicule HT for this figure, perhaps it does help to bring a bit of positivity to this thread and give some hope to those of you who are still actually getting this figure. In the right lighting and posed properly this figure can still look good.

View attachment 612152

And this was after I made a custom cape for him in 2011. If you put the cape over the cowl (to actually be more movie accurate), it will hide the long neck some more.
View attachment 612154
But at least this figure has the correct matte suit. How on earth have they released a figure that is less accurate than one from 2008!
Most modern day reviewers are idiots so we shouldn’t take what they say seriously.
They use garbage light boxes and say HOT TOYS IS AMAZING BEST COMPANY EVAR I GOT MINE FROM *insert garbage Chinese reseller* BUY YOURS TODAY YOU WON’T REGRET IT!!!

Makes me happy Dean Knight is getting this since he is an actual Begins fan. Now if only Clipperking can get this and review it, that would also be a joy to watch.
I hope someone sends Dean's review to Howard Chan!

I haven’t found one that scales well at 1/6 without being too shiny or slightly purple
What would a good fabric choice wold be? This is my only Batman begins figure and seeing as it’s officially the most hated figure in the history of toys, I would like to mod it as much as possible ( really, only the cape bothers me. )

Feels like 2008 and 2011 again in here.

Anyone that buys this is just helping perpetuate Hot Toys’ businesses decisions. Dean Knight might think he’s proving a point, but he just gave a Chinese seller $$$ which is a sale for Hot Toys.

What did people expect? We knew what this was going to be when it went up for preorder. The only surprise is that the suit is shiny, but that’s the least of it’s problems. The head is 15 years old, the cape sucks, he doesn’t have a grapnel gun, there isn’t a grapnel gun holster on the back, etc. etc.

View attachment 612152

View attachment 612154
The main problem with the new one is that it is so shiny when it should be matte. I could accept the rest, but I'm not going to paint it or pay someone else to paint it.
For me, I am a one figure per character guy, so this has made it easy to stick with my DX19 TDKR version, even if I prefer the BB suit generally.

I have this being shipped. Is there a way to return it without eating the cost of it?
If it’s from Sideshow then it’s really easy. All I did was say I wanted a refund and they emailed me a postage sticker. I printed it out and dropped it off at Staples. The rep said I’d get a refund 3 days after I sent it.

Feels like 2008 and 2011 again in here.

Anyone that buys this is just helping perpetuate Hot Toys’ businesses decisions. Dean Knight might think he’s proving a point, but he just gave a Chinese seller $$$ which is a sale for Hot Toys.

What did people expect? We knew what this was going to be when it went up for preorder. The only surprise is that the suit is shiny, but that’s the least of it’s problems. The head is 15 years old, the cape sucks, he doesn’t have a grapnel gun, there isn’t a grapnel gun holster on the back, etc. etc.
I give dean knight a pass he has influence even if small I think his video will do more damage for hot toys then the money he spends in the figure

I am not trying to tell people what to spend money on oof course but I will recommend that if you are not happy with this figure or doc brown or whatever that you do not buy it just so it can be a placeholder of something you like. Spend the money on something better and send a clear message to hot toys that this is unacceptable

I am not trying to tell people what to spend money on oof course but I will recommend that if you are not happy with this figure or doc brown or whatever that you do not buy it just so it can be a placeholder of something you like. Spend the money on something better and send a clear message to hot toys that this is unacceptable
That makes sense and I am tempted to cancel....But how do I get a decent Begins figure then?

That makes sense and I am tempted to cancel....But how do I get a decent Begins figure then?
Not from hot toys that is for sure 😂

I think most of the customs use the old hot toys body. Maybe you can use a matte surface spray or something to get rid of the shiny look on this one? Ive seen good cowl customs and capes too but dont know how hard or easy they are to get. I would think Inart will make it eventually but it wont be soon.

Hot Toys QC is really starting to slip lately. Makes me wonder if they forgot the matte paint on the body because the proto isn’t shiny like that.

Back