1/6 Hot Toys Batman: Arkham Knight - Batman (Prestige Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recommend everyone check out dean knights thoughts on his recent video.
In short he says it?s stupid to reissue the same suit 3 times and why are they not doing other characters instead of the same thing over and over again.
I completely agree with what he says. F?ing stupid from hot toys and anyone who says ?but I missed the other versions? go on Facebook groups or eBay. These are limited collectors items so stop complaining if you missed out on the other versions. It?s just an expensive repaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys looks at what these figures are going for on the after market and acts like they desperately need to chase that money to survive. If the Arkham Knight was a slow seller that didn't go up in price like for example the Arkham City version we wouldn't be getting this. So many figures hot toys have the license for and are not coming close to fulfilling and they are instead stooping to the level of reissues and open ended productions.

My experience has always been very positive. I save at least ?30-50 on any figure if I bought it within the UK or from Sideshow. Only negative thing I will say is they tend to take a few weeks longer to get Hot Toys stock than they did a year ago.

I've had about 20 figures from them and yet to be hit with a customs charge. In the notes on each order I ask them to mark it as a gift and reduce the value to help with customs. On the label it usually says "toy $20" or something like that.

Even the two 1/4 scale figures I got evaded any customs charge. Of course there is no guarantee but they do their best if you ask. I'd say the odds of customs charges are very slim.

Sorry man, forgot I'd asked you this lol
Thanks for the feedback, think I might give them a try next time round.

In more Prestige Batman news I had a reply back from Movie Figures today & it's looking more likely that if we want him we'll have to go through Sideshow :(

MovieFigures.co.uk said:
Hi Neil,

Thanks for your email.

I'm afraid that the Prestige Batman is a Hot Toys exclusive which means that we are unlikely to get any stock. They occasionally release the exclusive figures to their distributors, but we haven't seen any news yet so I guess it isn't looking good. If we do see anything then we will get him listed straight away.

Best regards

Christine

Movie Figures Ltd. - moviefigures.co.uk

Shame as the shipping & Customs fees from Sideshow are likely to make this an excessively expensive figure :(

Neil

Sorry man, forgot I'd asked you this lol
Thanks for the feedback, think I might give them a try next time round.

In more Prestige Batman news I had a reply back from Movie Figures today & it's looking more likely that if we want him we'll have to go through Sideshow :(

Shame as the shipping & Customs fees from Sideshow are likely to make this an excessively expensive figure :(

Neil

That really sucks if SS is the only way to get one. Don't think I'll bother in that case.

That really sucks if SS is the only way to get one. Don't think I'll bother in that case.

Yeah I'm wondering now.

Think using current figures for Shipping calculation he works out -

?200 for the figure
?30 shipping

So then VAT on top - ?46
FEDEX / UPS clearance Fee - ?10-?15

All in he's looking at being around ?280-?300 which is too much IMO

Was hoping UK sellers might have him for nearer the ?240 mark really

Oh well

Neil

Yeah I'm wondering now.

Think using current figures for Shipping calculation he works out -

?200 for the figure
?30 shipping

So then VAT on top - ?46
FEDEX / UPS clearance Fee - ?10-?15

All in he's looking at being around ?280-?300 which is too much IMO

Was hoping UK sellers might have him for nearer the ?240 mark really

Oh well

Neil

Definitely not worth ?300! I'm still hoping KG Hobby or Toys Wonderland get some stock.

By comparison both sites have the new Harley Quinn for ?195, ?215-220 after shipping. That figure has way better articulation and more accessories than this one.

Hopefully HT do a full release of the Origins suit.

I don't think the real origins studio suit will be released because it's a game from WB Montreal not Rocksteady.

I don't think the real origins studio suit will be released because it's a game from WB Montreal not Rocksteady.
That makes no sense because we still got Deathstroke from the same game. I doubt they care what studio made what. Plus Rocksteady acknowledged Origins in AK so that also means they can still do it. Maybe make the AK version of that batsuit which had a gold belt and darker grey color over what origins had.

Amazing that we got a Batgirl before a Robin figure. Crazy. And a whole lot of Harleys....

Hopefully both get made as well as Red Hood.

2 Years to wait Batgirl, what many years we have to wait for whole Bat family... Sigh...
I also hope there is a Flasghpoint Batman, so we can have father and son...

Someone on instagram has a pic of the boxes and saying it is released in Japan today? Is this just for the show or will these be shipping far earlier?

Preorder from Sideshow. First time I ordered from them. 235,- euro on a payment plan. Didn't get the original and regretted it. Love the game. I was desperate for a Batman figure. This will be the sole representation of him for me.

Ill wait a while, see if it gets available from other vendors, but I may cave in after the whole Corona craze is over. I definitely want an Arkham Bats and I've already stupidly passed on the first Knight version. I know about their problems, but dunno, it's not like I really display mine. I was generally hoping for some DX like version with a Bruce headsculpt. I'll give it some time, and we'll see. It does look pretty cool though. Like a modern version of '89 Batman. Or I just might shell out 200 more bucks and buy the proper version. I don't know...

Ill wait a while, see if it gets available from other vendors, but I may cave in after the whole Corona craze is over. I definitely want an Arkham Bats and I've already stupidly passed on the first Knight version. I know about their problems, but dunno, it's not like I really display mine. I was generally hoping for some DX like version with a Bruce headsculpt. I'll give it some time, and we'll see. It does look pretty cool though. Like a modern version of '89 Batman. Or I just might shell out 200 more bucks and buy the proper version. I don't know...
I felt the same way with the original I didn't think of getting it due to the issues it had (which are only issues because no one will really pose it or theirs had defects) but regretted it soon after it sold out. I jumped on this fast, I'm not into the gold symbol but I don't have a problem with it. I think you should definitely get it, the original one is going for a lot of money, unless HT decided to make a BD version with the bruce sculpt then atm this is the best option and not to mention you'll just beat yourself up for not jumping on it on time. Imo

The articulation on the first one isn't great, but I still really like it and am glad I got it. It's a really nice figure.

I felt the same way with the original I didn't think of getting it due to the issues it had (which are only issues because no one will really pose it or theirs had defects) but regretted it soon after it sold out. I jumped on this fast, I'm not into the gold symbol but I don't have a problem with it. I think you should definitely get it, the original one is going for a lot of money, unless HT decided to make a BD version with the bruce sculpt then atm this is the best option and not to mention you'll just beat yourself up for not jumping on it on time. Imo

I've just got back into the hobby, and I've got an Endgame Iron Man due October, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to manage it with all other obligations I also have. There's also the fact that I have some backlog. There's the problem that Sideshow only lets you pay either in full, or in a Payment Plan. I prefer PopCultcha, where you can also pay a deposit and just pay the balance when it's ready to ship. I'll have to think about it, because there's also the question of dropping 200 extra bucks and getting the "proper" version. I feel like I might regret it later and wanna go back for the original, and end up with two. I'll wait a bit and see whatever other POs are announced, in case some of them are part of my backlog, and work it out from there.

I've just got back into the hobby, and I've got an Endgame Iron Man due October, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to manage it with all other obligations I also have. There's also the fact that I have some backlog. There's the problem that Sideshow only lets you pay either in full, or in a Payment Plan. I prefer PopCultcha, where you can also pay a deposit and just pay the balance when it's ready to ship. I'll have to think about it, because there's also the question of dropping 200 extra bucks and getting the "proper" version. I feel like I might regret it later and wanna go back for the original, and end up with two. I'll wait a bit and see whatever other POs are announced, in case some of them are part of my backlog, and work it out from there.
I understand that's usually the only thing that would stop you from getting it. But if your willing to get the original one I say go for it. I'd rather get that myself but won't shell out extra on ebay.

I understand that's usually the only thing that would stop you from getting it. But if your willing to get the original one I say go for it. I'd rather get that myself but won't shell out extra on ebay.

We'll see. Depends on how I'm doing money-wise and when this whole Corona thing blows over. Honestly, I'm holding out for a Bruce Waybe sculpt. I'm a fan of Civillian Versions, so I'm holding out hope. But I feel that they made him too brutish in the Arkhamverse:

maxresdefault.jpg

I think Bruce should have some "pretty boy" qualities, or be an "All-American 50s Stud" type of guy. Maybe a bit fuller lips, longer eyelashes, a chiseled jaw with high cheekbones instead of just just a strong jawline, maybe a dimple in his chin, stuff like that. Honestly, I've always liked my Batman as sort of "balanced" in all aspects. Some folks want a 6'4"+ Tank Batman, but I've always pegged him around 6'0" to 6'2" at most. With a wide back and strong calves and arms, but more chiseled and agile than an outright strongman. He is primarily a Ninja, not a Bruiser. Same goes for someone like Deathstroke. And same goes for his face. I think it should walk that fine line of a mean predator look, and a sort of sweet sadness. I like the way Fabok draws him.

tumblr_nxayrveR3M1qd2kxpo7_250.png

Anyhow, it's all a moot point, since even if they made, say an Asylum version, we wouldn't get a BW HS. I'll wait until the whole situation calms down, sort out my other POs, make sure I snag a Batgirl first (because I doubt we'll ever get a ginger Babs and in such a good costume) and see what happens then.

We'll see. Depends on how I'm doing money-wise and when this whole Corona thing blows over. Honestly, I'm holding out for a Bruce Waybe sculpt. I'm a fan of Civillian Versions, so I'm holding out hope. But I feel that they made him too brutish in the Arkhamverse:

maxresdefault.jpg

I think Bruce should have some "pretty boy" qualities, or be an "All-American 50s Stud" type of guy. Maybe a bit fuller lips, longer eyelashes, a chiseled jaw with high cheekbones instead of just just a strong jawline, maybe a dimple in his chin, stuff like that. Honestly, I've always liked my Batman as sort of "balanced" in all aspects. Some folks want a 6'4"+ Tank Batman, but I've always pegged him around 6'0" to 6'2" at most. With a wide back and strong calves and arms, but more chiseled and agile than an outright strongman. He is primarily a Ninja, not a Bruiser. Same goes for someone like Deathstroke. And same goes for his face. I think it should walk that fine line of a mean predator look, and a sort of sweet sadness. I like the way Fabok draws him.

tumblr_nxayrveR3M1qd2kxpo7_250.png

Anyhow, it's all a moot point, since even if they made, say an Asylum version, we wouldn't get a BW HS. I'll wait until the whole situation calms down, sort out my other POs, make sure I snag a Batgirl first (because I doubt we'll ever get a ginger Babs and in such a good costume) and see what happens then.
He is older in the Arkham games except for Origins were he was in his early years as Batman. That for me would be my most wanted version of him.

Back