Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm shocked of the the 1989 Bats figures struggled to sell. They are masterpieces and easily their top 5 figures ever made. As a company, HT are very disconnected to their fans. A bit more communication wouldn't go amiss. Batman Returns, Matrix licence, The (rest of) Watchmen...
Saying that Sideshow should hang their heads in shame too. Yes I'm talking about Vader 2.0 and Grievous!

The fact that DX08 & DX09 did not set the fanbase ablaze, I guess was the main reason. The BR Batman would have largely the same accessories as DX09, except it may include a full Keaton HS. Penguin probably will sell better, but will be less than DX08. As for Catwoman, that is the only one that will likely be a chart topper, but it is very hard to do right using exist HT female figure technology. So in essence, out of the 3, 2 will sell less than DX08 & DX09, 1 will sell more but very hard to do well. No wonder they are not doing this license.

FYI, they built the 89 Batmobile to include all the features already appeared in BR, so they planned to do BR batman if business was gangbuster. Heck, if it was so great, I bet real money they would reissue it, calling it the BR Batmobile! People who have miss the first one would be glad that they have a second chance to get it again (same as the TDK Tumbler story, remember?) Alas, they were not as hot as Hot Toys had hoped...

I think they did sell out, eventually, but it wasn't a pre-sold out - go back to production, second run pre-sells out kind of deal like the Marvel and Nolan Bat figures have.

Plus, I think they made tons of them, along with Indy. Poor poor Indy....:(
I believe either somewhere in this thread or one of the '89 figure threads, someone mentioned that over in HK Keaton is still pretty available and at discount.
I'm shocked of the the 1989 Bats figures struggled to sell. They are masterpieces and easily their top 5 figures ever made. As a company, HT are very disconnected to their fans. A bit more communication wouldn't go amiss. Batman Returns, Matrix licence, The (rest of) Watchmen...
Saying that Sideshow should hang their heads in shame too. Yes I'm talking about Vader 2.0 and Grievous!
Well at least now Vader 2.0 has a reveal/PO date, May 23rd I believe it is. But yea, still no sign of Grievous :monkey2

OK folks, we need to shake this idea that the '89 figures were not good sellers.

As far as I know, HT does not sell directly to the public. That means that any time you are looking at a figure either displayed (and, I should add, at a discount price) or on an etailer's web site....HT already have their money for that figure.

As for availability in the Asian territories..well, I have no doubt that there are some still for sale, but I don't think it is unfair to say that it has sold out across the whole rest of the world and that too is an enormous territory. What's more, I don't have the £1500 it would cost for me to go there and try to find one.

:lol

As soon as I read that post I knew **** was going to hit the fan.

Don't know why people get so upset over it.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

What Sallah, you're going to go through all that trouble and NOT do an Iron Man paintjob on the armored Batmobile?

For shame!!! :horror

Funny stuff though. As soon as RDJ steps away from the IM franchise, DC will snatch him up to structure the JL movies around him as Batman. :lecture

I was all set to get him until I saw that panel at the back of his head.

I was all set to get him until I saw that panel at the back of his head.

For me, it was not having a Michael Keaton/Bruce Wayne sculpt. For the kind of price the DX commands these days, I would at the very least expect an extra sculpt with the actors likeness on it. The same goes with Jack's Joker. Would have been more awesome if HT included the "Boo!" sculpt after V.V. splashed water on his face.

A DX figure sells around $230US. HT should include an extra sculpt which potentially leads most of us to go out and get another TT body or buy 2 units. More money for them and as a consumer more reason to validate purchasing a DX. Giving it PERS doesn't justify the price for the Burton Batman figs for me no matter how awesome they turned out to be. My humble opinion and primary reason why I didn't buy them even though I grew up watching them.

For me, it was not having a Michael Keaton/Bruce Wayne sculpt. For the kind of price the DX commands these days, I would at the very least expect an extra sculpt with the actors likeness on it. The same goes with Jack's Joker. Would have been more awesome if HT included the "Boo!" sculpt after V.V. splashed water on his face.

A DX figure sells around $230US. HT should include an extra sculpt which potentially leads most of us to go out and get another TT body or buy 2 units. More money for them and as a consumer more reason to validate purchasing a DX. Giving it PERS doesn't justify the price for the Burton Batman figs for me no matter how awesome they turned out to be. My humble opinion and primary reason why I didn't buy them even though I grew up watching them.

The DX Batman was fine. It was a little pricier than usual, but there was no need for an unmasked head, as he was never unmasked in the film, and they included a ****ton of accessories. Joker, on the other hand, I can agree on. He had the same outfit, and a "Boo" head with beret could've cushioned the punch a little bit (hell, they could've simply included a second repainted DX head). I've seen some awesome "museum" repaints of the Nicholson Joker, and I wouldn't have minded in the least if they reused the sculpt.

The DX Batman was fine. It was a little pricier than usual, but there was no need for an unmasked head, as he was never unmasked in the film,

He did unmask himself for Returns though :)
Don't know if HT will revisit another Keaton Batman but if they do with a Keaton sculpt - I'm all over it. :pray:

Yeah, but Returns is a different suit and a different release (if it ever gets here).

Yeah! The day when Robert Downey Jr. stops making Iron Man films. :monkey1 Sorry, just had to give it one more go. Needed to vent. Honestly I enjoy IM films but just don't like the favoritism going on from HT.

You have nothing to apologize for. I often make jokes that I hope Iron Man 4 includes a storyline with Tony Stark destroying China, just so it pisses Hot Toys off enough to stop making Iron Man figures.:lol

Back