Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be one thing if they weren't moving, but if you look at the Hot Toys that are still in stock, its mostly along the same vein of the stuff people are saying is pushed aside because of Iron Man, i.e. MGS, T2 DX10, Suckerpunch, Avatar(the biggest blockbuster of all time, btw) etc.

When Iron Man figures stop selling, Hot Toys will move onto the next big license. Hot Toys isn't the same company it was 3 years ago, their fanbase is much larger and the Iron Man and to a lesser extent Nolan Bats and Predator licenses are what got them there. I think we'll be lucky to get 2 non Marvel/DC/Terminator/Predator figures a year from them at this point.

I'm holding out hope that they'll be some Returns news when the Batmobile comes out.

You know what really interests me though?
Folks are sick of it all - going off topic, BUT THE MODS KNOW THE FRUSTRATION OF IT ALL AND JUST LET THE FANS BLOW STEAM.

In just about every thread.
Thanks for the witty paraphrasing there.. :lol

The rhetoric being an outlet isn't lost on me, it's just the relentlessness that's grinding.

"Still no pics - damn those Iron Man figures!! Hey - in the meantime, let's enjoy a tongue in cheek slide show of the evolution of the armour suits."

Rinse / repeat. :lol

Thanks for the witty paraphrasing there.. :lol

The rhetoric being an outlet isn't lost on me, it's just the relentlessness that's grinding.

"Still no pics - damn those Iron Man figures!! Hey - in the meantime, let's enjoy a tongue in cheek slide show of the evolution of the armour suits."

Rinse / repeat. :lol

Expect more of it my friend. :lol Until about 3 or 4 more months when the movie blows over.
When a riot starts you either join or get out of the way but either way you'll be watching in awe maybe with a few laughs :monkey1

That's why I kind of enjoy reading it sometimes. "Ah my DX12's eyes popped out, damn those Iron Man figs", "Disney owning Star Wars? Damn its Iron Mans fault" etc etc. Some people can be very funny on these boards.

I'm very tempted to get Iminime HS, I'm starting to think Batman Returns line will convert in Batman (wait) Forever....

2zp8576.png

At a side angle it looks pretty good, it has a nice profile. Dead on though it's just weird. Same for Gordon too.

I wanna see Hot Toys' version if they're doing a Wayne sculpt (if they're doing it at all).

At a side angle it looks pretty good, it has a nice profile. Dead on though it's just weird. Same for Gordon too.

I wanna see Hot Toys' version if they're doing a Wayne sculpt (if they're doing it at all).
If/when they ever get to this line I would hope that a ripped cowl look would be included along with a Keaton Bruce Wayne sculpt.

Question is, do they sculpt and paint blood effects on him (from getting shot and clawed) or do they leave it alone?

Question is, do they sculpt and paint blood effects on him (from getting shot and clawed) or do they leave it alone?
They could do it either way I wouldn't care. When he first takes off the cowl his face is clean until she claws him. The bloodied look might look a bit cooler. The gunshot wound isn't really that noticeable so I wouldn't care if they didn't include that to be honest. It would probably work better without since it's unlikely that they'll include two separate bodies and that way we could do both looks.

Seriously. HT should just rename their company to Tony Stark's Hot Toys & Co. aka TSHT&C

agree all the way mate, with all those release of iron man... they should change their name ... waiting until their release iron man mark 3 2.0 with die cast ....

:slap

If I had to pick I would want the clawed, not shot face. I love that moment in the film. Where he is willing to overlook everything she has done, simply because he loves. And considering it would be over a decade to he revealed his identity to her in comics, I was floored. Although I was 10 at the time. This is still my fav Batman movie. LETS GO HT:impatient::impatient::gah:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a clean or clawed headsculpt. Either way, a Bruce Wayne head and alternate neck piece is a must.

I want to see that glider cape done justice too.

I guess I'd be fine with either head sculpt too, because I don't generally care about the casual versions of these characters.

I just realized I've agreed to buying another HT Batman figure.. & I'm not one of those guys! :gah: :monkey3 :lol

We'll see. Michelle's a MUST anyway..

I wonder if they'll go the Luke Skywalker route for Catwoman and have a clean version and a battle damaged version.

I could see her DX figure. The black and white box, the Shrek Department store Cat logo insert, claw hands, whip, regular version, torn suit version etc.

Yeah - totally, I can envision them doing all that as well. The box idea is spot on man. :wink1:

I'm just hoping they don't get adventurous & try the 'dolly' hair with some completely unmasked version of her. A torn mask with her portrait showing through & some SCULPTED hair pieces.. is the go as far as I'm concerned. :lecture

Yeah - totally, I can envision them doing all that as well. The box idea is spot on man. :wink1:

I'm just hoping they don't get adventurous & try the 'dolly' hair with some completely unmasked version of her. A torn mask with her portrait showing through & some SCULPTED hair pieces.. is the go as far as I'm concerned. :lecture

What are you going to do with her 1/6 whip. :horror

I wonder if they'll go the Luke Skywalker route for Catwoman and have a clean version and a battle damaged version.

I could see her DX figure. The black and white box, the Shrek Department store Cat logo insert, claw hands, whip, regular version, torn suit version etc.

:impatient::impatient::impatient:

Now you're just filling my head with all the wonderful possibilities.
:gah::gah:

Back