Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
❗Guys, if you still want the Artisan Anakin, toys2.net (Toy Square as we call them) has it now for preorder. $450 USD is the price.

They get their stock directly from HK and have a physical store in Ontario Canada.

The owner is also super nice I’ve been there many times. They also don’t charge you the full amount for PO, only a pre-authorization, then the charge will get reverted.

This Anakin does require a $200 USD NRD, however.
Thanks man just ordered. Was gutted when I missed the sideshow order. Really hope this is legit website and get my order never gone through them before? 🙏

Thanks man just ordered. Was gutted when I missed the sideshow order. Really hope this is legit website and get my order never gone through them before? 🙏
They’ve been around for a long time, I usually go there in person, they are 100% legit. Picked up both Barc speeders from them when they were sold out everywhere else.

Well that didn't last long, they just canceled my order. Said Sideshow sent them message saying they can't fulfill order. So much for them getting direct from HK? Anyway hopes up again and waiting to be refunded 500.00 hopefully Sideshow wait list comes through and eventually able to get one.

Well that didn't last long, they just canceled my order. Said Sideshow sent them message saying they can't fulfill order. So much for them getting direct from HK? Anyway hopes up again and waiting to be refunded 500.00 hopefully Sideshow wait list comes through and eventually able to get one.
Sorry to hear, that sucks. My friend was just saying the same thing this was the message sent by toys2:

Sorry to inform you that we are not able to get the Anakin Skywalker Artisan edition from the distributor, Sideshow.
Sideshow made a big joke to us yesterday, they wrongly sent us the offer, and then, they canceled the offer 10 hours later.
Below is their reply:
**********************************************************************************************************************************
Dear Retailer,

Yesterday a last call notice was sent out on the Artisan Anakin. This piece is not available for wholesale.
We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience this has caused.

Stay safe and healthy!
**************************************************************************************************************************************************

So, your order will not be processed and the pre-authorization will be removed by your bank in the next few days, which means you will not be charged any.

Sorry about that.

Toys2

```
WTF Sideshow? I guess it is just exclusive to them? I have gotten stuff from toys2 before Sideshow got theirs, guess they can't get the exclusives directly from HT.
Sorry everyone 😔

Last edited:
Not gonna lie I'm pretty boo boo lipped that I was right on time for the preorder, but people 15-20 minutes after me got the slot to order. Screwed from the start, ridiculous showing by SSC. Happy for those that got it, sort of lol.

Yeah I was waiting before it started, was low number then when I was able to order put me back in a line all over again, congrats to all who was able to secure one. Hopefully something will work out before release. 🙏

Yeah I was waiting before it started, was low number then when I was able to order put me back in a line all over again, congrats to all who was able to secure one. Hopefully something will work out before release. 🙏
It was an complete cluster**** and being a pretty loyal SSC customer for 18 or so years, I'm pretty pissed. Going to consider taking my business elsewhere. I'm not saying I should be entitled to get a slot, I'm more pissed that people showed up late to the game and were able to order over me being early.

Attachments

• th-1532926389.jpeg
    th-1532926389.jpeg
    12.7 KB · Views: 0
It was an complete cluster**** and being a pretty loyal SSC customer for 18 or so years, I'm pretty pissed. Going to consider taking my business elsewhere. I'm not saying I should be entitled to get a slot, I'm more pissed that people showed up late to the game and were able to order over me being early.
From what I saw the queue was randomized before the PO went live. Otherwise you’d have people fighting to be first place in a digital line that could have killed the server. It was a live lottery

From what I saw the queue was randomized before the PO went live. Otherwise you’d have people fighting to be first place in a digital line that could have killed the server. It was a live lottery
I get that, but randomizing a queue where people who aren't even in the queue get prioritized over people who already have been in the queue for 15-20 minutes is ********.

In fairness, it’s an Exclusive piece to SS so it makes sense other retailers wouldn’t have it unless direct from HK. Sorry to hear but guess they get stuff from SS instead of direct?
Yes, it is an exclusive which is normally only available through Sideshow or direct from HT. But, in this instance, the fault still lies with Sideshow considering Sideshow were the ones who notified Toys2 that they would be allowed a certain amount of the Artisan Anakin for sale. Then, 10hrs later they tell them, "oops, my bad we goofed! you don't get any and have to cancel any orders that were placed." It's not like Toys2 put it up for PO on a whim without any causation.

Yes, it is an exclusive which is normally only available through Sideshow or direct from HT. But, in this instance, the fault still lies with Sideshow considering Sideshow were the ones who notified Toys2 that they would be allowed a certain amount of the Artisan Anakin for sale. Then, 10hrs later they tell them, "oops, my bad we goofed! you don't get any and have to cancel any orders that were placed." It's not like Toys2 put it up for PO on a whim without any causation.

Agreed... but at the same time, the retailer has to take some responsibility too. We got the same email from SS at our shop. And of course, we immediately replied that we would take some- but we also reasoned it was likely an error since the figure was so limited and sold out immediately. So we didn't start taking preorders the second we got that email. We decided to wait until our order was actually confirmed by them (which it obviously wasn't).

It was a bonehead move on SS part for sure- but retailers also have to use a little common sense in these matters as well or risk disappointing their customers.

The Joker process seemed much smoother then Anakin, both sold out in half an hour but the Anakin line was halted and reshuffled a couple times, which was strange. On artisan Joker I know a lot of people got screwed but not knowing to rsvp before hand or it would not go into your cart, I think that contributed to a smoother process for the people that did.

Agreed... but at the same time, the retailer has to take some responsibility too. We got the same email from SS at our shop. And of course, we immediately replied that we would take some- but we also reasoned it was likely an error since the figure was so limited and sold out immediately. So we didn't start taking preorders the second we got that email. We decided to wait until our order was actually confirmed by them (which it obviously wasn't).

It was a bonehead move on SS part for sure- but retailers also have to use a little common sense in these matters as well or risk disappointing their customers.
To be fair the PO was put up around midnight, there was no way Toys2 could have confirmed and he did cancel the order ASAP when he learned of the error. Hard to expect anything more.

To be fair the PO was put up around midnight, there was no way Toys2 could have confirmed and he did cancel the order ASAP when he learned of the error. Hard to expect anything more.

I understand that... I am just saying it probably wasn't a good idea to list a preorder to begin with when the situation seemed so odd.

Sideshow sent us the email as a "Last Call" on Anakin at around 7:00 PM EST Tuesday. (your post saying it was up was around 2 hours later... so they listed it shortly after they got the email).

It was very bizarre to get the email in the first place because we only get those as retailers after an item has been in the wholesale portal for an extended time. Anakin Artisan was NEVER listed in the wholesale portal, so a "Last Call" notice made no sense to begin with. And when you went in the portal, he still was not listed in there at the time of the "Last Call" notice. *SS Exclusive pieces are never in the portal actually. We can't order any of those as wholesalers... so none of us should have expected Anakin to be any different.

So there were many red flags on why this was likely a mistake by Sideshow and it probably wasn't a good idea to start taking orders for it before SS sent any kind of confirmation that any of us were actually getting product (especially given that only 3k were made and the botchamania sellout they had on their site). Heck- Even if it was legit, the numbers are so limited that there would have been no way they could have honored all the wholesale requests they likely got flooded with.

So again, it is a huge blunder by Sideshow for sure... but a retailer that knows the process should have seen it as a mistake and not started accepting orders before they got confirm on their order in my opinion.

Back