Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are my thoughts on this technique HT and Inart are using. They have a certain “look” to them being wool.

The hair styles they chose allow the wool be loose and not under tension at the root, makes sense for the material. If it’s an updo style, hair near the scalp has to be pulled back putting it under stress or it will sag and lose the shape. We’ve seen gel being used to keep the shape at the root but will look clumpy.

What’s interesting is Inart will do Legolas, his hair is pulled back at the top. Will they make it all wool or let it be sculpted at the top and only use wool for the free flowing parts? That’s what I want to know as it will open up doors for more possibilities with similar hair styles like Qui Gon and Last Jedi Rey. The hairstyle has to lend itself to the medium for their techniques to work.

I have a foot or two in both the model horse and doll hobbies. Both of them use mohair, and they're not exactly gentle about it. No clumpy problems have been noted. Mohair is real hair. Real hair gets put to the test on a regular basis.

So far, HT is keeping Artisan for longer hairstyles ie from below the ears. I don't see shorter hairstyles happening albeit years later when they've mastered it. Could see Black Widow as one now. Maybe Queen Amidala Naboo gown but I don't see Tony Stark or Luke or short hair sculpts happening any time soon. Would love to be wrong. Grail now would be ANH Han Artisan.

If they do one from the first three movies it will have a different vibe than DX15
It would need to be from the first movie to be really different as a lot of the original costume props weren't available after the first movie since they didn't know it was going to be as big as it turned out to be; so, it has more unique parts compared to the later films that share/reuse . The outfits from 2-5 are nearly the same with the differentiating details being ones most would miss at a glance. You could get down to the nuances, but unless you put them all side by side, I would argue they almost blurr together.

It would need to be from the first movie to be really different as a lot of the original costume props weren't available after the first movie since they didn't know it was going to be as big as it turned out to be; so, it has more unique parts compared to the later films that share/reuse . The outfits from 2-5 are nearly the same with the differentiating details being ones most would miss at a glance. You could get down to the nuances, but unless you put them all side by side, I would argue they almost blurr together.
Facial scars and hair from first three are also different than the last two. Also he has the aged appearance for DX15. It would be different enough if a younger Jack is made

Facial scars and hair from first three are also different than the last two. Also he has the aged appearance for DX15. It would be different enough if a younger Jack is made
I understand and agree that the hair is the big difference followed by the X scar on the upper right cheek (left when looking at the figure). However, I was speaking purely on the costumes themselves. I’ve built many Jack Sparrow figures over the years and have had each official 1/6 iteration as well so I know the details pretty intricately. Just saying, at first glance, the costumes on the later films are more similar than they are different compared to the first movie. That’s not to say I wouldn’t welcome a completely new DMC/AWE figure, but COTBP would be completely new and a first for HT.

Keep your dreams alive. Don’t let the kill-joys spoil it for you.

Hey, all I’m trying to say is that I don’t want Hot Toys to needlessly lock characters behind the overinflated higher priced artificial scarcity marketing exercise that is the so called artisan line.

I say that as someone who was able to order Anakin. But I am not happy about those who weren’t to no fault of their own. It’s just not good for collectors as a whole.

My dream is that they make the best version of figures they can without a superior limited version so that as many people who want it can get it without fighting over them or paying more than they have to.

Last edited:
Inart Superman has this one piece of rooted hair on the alt head, very interesting. I guess mixed media works better for short hairs, up close you can tell light hits them differently. Why isn’t it just sculpted then?
1695580779965.jpeg

Inart Superman has this one piece of rooted hair on the alt head, very interesting. I guess mixed media works better for short hairs, up close you can tell light hits them differently. Why isn’t it just sculpted then?
View attachment 664615
Interesting, nice and intriguing feature! I hope we see more mixing and testing, both from inart and hot toys. It’s needed!

Artisan Chewbacca.... with sound feature
Yes! Then I can finally convince my gf how it’s a justified purchase.

View attachment 664615
Exactly what I was referring to. IA has set the bar for mass produced rooted hair and if they won’t attempt short hair figures, no way HT will. I expect Artisan figures will be characters with hair at ear length or longer.

❗Guys, if you still want the Artisan Anakin, toys2.net (Toy Square as we call them) has it now for preorder. $450 USD is the price.

They get their stock directly from HK and have a physical store in Ontario Canada.

The owner is also super nice I’ve been there many times. They also don’t charge you the full amount for PO, only a pre-authorization, then the charge will get reverted.

This Anakin does require a $200 USD NRD, however.

Back