Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still thinking about this figure every day, so frustrated that i couldnt get an order in.
IMG_6875.gif

Not sure that’ll happen. People will order the sculpted version and sell the artisan on the secondary market.
Some might, for sure. Others may not want to have to pay for two and deal with selling the one they don’t want. Selling stuff in today's market has gotten more and more difficult. At the beginning of the year, my sales were going quick! Some ppl weren't even waiting to bid and just taking the "buy it now" option. Every few days I'd get a new sale. However, in the last month or so, it's been more difficult even with items I have that have typically gone for high aftermarket prices. I've even seen InArt Joker prices fall when originally ppl were paying $5-700 just for the rooted sculpt and $2-250 for jail diorama.

Last edited:
This will see a surge even more now.
HT would be making huge profits if it were available to order for more than 20 minutes.

I’d still find it funny if people were on the fence about owning an Anakin after having the prequels to ‘appreciate’ for 20 years, and The Clone Wars to flesh out his character to get the viewer more invested in him, but only NOW - because deepfake Anakin stood behind Ahsoka for 3 seconds and called her snips- I MUST HUNT THIS FIGURE DOWN!!

HT would be making huge profits if it were available to order for more than 20 minutes.

I’d still find it funny if people were on the fence about owning an Anakin after having the prequels to ‘appreciate’ for 20 years, and The Clone Wars to flesh out his character to get the viewer more invested in him, but only NOW - because deepfake Anakin stood behind Ahsoka for 3 seconds and called her snips- I MUST HUNT THIS FIGURE DOWN!!
I realise I’m saying this on a collector’s forum about Star Wars-which has become notorious for its cameos-but I will never understand the people who see some half-assed resemblance to a character and think OMG NEW REFERENCE is justification to drop £400+ on a toy which up until then, they were indifferent about.
Different strokes for different folks and all that, but unless they’re rich, I’d seriously pity them for that mentality

Some might, for sure. Others may not want to have to pay for two and deal with selling the one they don’t want. Selling stuff in today's market has gotten more and more difficult. At the beginning of the year, my sales were going quick! Some ppl weren't even waiting to bid and just taking the "buy it now" option. Every few days I'd get a new sale. However, in the last month or so, it's been more difficult even with items I have that have typically gone for high aftermarket prices. I've even seen InArt Joker prices fall when originally ppl were paying $5-700 just for the rooted sculpt and $2-250 for jail diorama.

Agreed, not everyone will want to take the time or put up the money to buy the other version. Plus you gotta deal with fees and potentially issues. So I can see some people cancelling if they weren't sold on the rooted hair in the first place. Even more so if it's their first cancellation and they can get their NRD back.

But I hope you get a waitlist conversion regardless though. Still think Hot Toys should've made more knowing how popular Anakin is, especially these days.

Agreed, not everyone will want to take the time or put up the money to buy the other version. Plus you gotta deal with fees and potentially issues. So I can see some people cancelling if they weren't sold on the rooted hair in the first place. Even more so if it's their first cancellation and they can get their NRD back.

But I hope you get a waitlist conversion regardless though. Still think Hot Toys should've made more knowing how popular Anakin is, especially these days.
Thanks man :duff

And yea I agree. Joker might've had the higher edition size, but I think it also benefited from having a sculpted option available at the same time as well. Since Anakin didn't, the ppl who typically don't like rooted hair or weren't 100% sold on it had no other option and were probably thinking like I'm sure a lot of us sort of thought which is "what if this is the only way to get this amazing new sculpt?"

Like, sure, there's a HIGH probability that HT will reuse the sculpt for a sculpted hair standard release and/or another DS exclusive with rooted hair. But, since we don't actually know 100% that it will happen, many probably didn't want to take that chance of missing out. It's part of the game though. I would love a chance at this rooted option, but will be ok with a later sculpted version. That new sculpt is just too good that even though it would feel slightly like settling since I actually like rooted hair, it wouldn't be all that bad :lol

Last edited:
I scored a rooted and consider myself lucky however a big problem was people who wanted to see if they could just for kicks. I know of a few who had no desire but because of exclusivity and a maybe I’ll get selected mentality, they scored. Sucks for the many who actually wanted a rooted Ani. Having both sculpted versions, and being a massive fan of the character and rooted headsculpts, this was a must but the pre-ordsr release should have been better.

Back