Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why Hot Toys feels the need to try doing rooted hair again.... 9 times out of 10 it's going to look bad.
e5qvHV_9_400x400.jpg

Looks good to me but like a lot of times on this board, I’m in the minority :lol Most customizers make it look too matted down and the color usually too dark. Updated headsculpt looks nice and with a little futzing, it’ll look pretty great imo. Even InArt’s Joker hair needed to be futzed out of the box. The jail headsculpt hair needs a decent amount of work out of the box to get it remotely close to the proto, but no one says anything about :dunno the real test with this and WB100 WW will be to see how the production pieces turn out.

I would like to get one so hopefully this isn’t another hard to get, super limited, gone in 60 seconds, sideshow exclusive. I’m not even mad that I spent after market money reacquiring the original ROTS figure last year :lol I’m quite hopeful that I now won’t have to shell out money for a custom and that this will potentially have moving eyes

Last edited:
whether or not the the final hair can be futzed to look better than… whatever’s on display… most of our collections are all sculpted hair. going to stick out in an annoying way, in my opinion at least.

really frustrating because the sculpt looks great and needless to say this is a very sought after rendition / character. guess we’ll see when we get more details.

12:20 Anakin begins.

Looks nice to me...a bit frizzy. They claim fans can style it the way you want. I just not sure about that....styling it myself.

Looks like real leather to me.

The hair will look frizzy unless you style it. One of the reaons I regret purchasing the Aragon from Inart, when watching the videos they posted, they were uses styling spray and a small comb.

The hair in the video above literally looks like Anakin's hair in the movie close up. I prefer sculpted hair, but yeah, not going to knock something that looks like it should.

Now, forgetting the hair, that headsculpt in the video is so on point. Best sculpt by Hot Toys ever????

Attachments

• Anakin-Skywalker-anakin-skywalker-17028586-992-960-847493949.jpg
    Anakin-Skywalker-anakin-skywalker-17028586-992-960-847493949.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 0
  • star+wars+episode+3+anakin+skywalker+wallpaper-2220-1628-3192607511.jpg
    star+wars+episode+3+anakin+skywalker+wallpaper-2220-1628-3192607511.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Watch this cost $400 because the hair will be wool like their recent WW. I would be happy and surprised if it's at $300 range that would be a contender against InArt because they are willing to keep it low but knowing HT they'll go high price as an excuse.

Back