Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havent tried it yet, but they look to have the same ball joint that a HT neck post fits on.

The Saturday Toys body is nice. The head is a soft squishy rubber though.

I havent tried it yet, but they look to have the same ball joint that a HT neck post fits on.

The Saturday Toys body is nice. The head is a soft squishy rubber though.

Thanks, think I'll just order the ST suit and hope it works, if not, so be it.

Got my Saturday Toys suit in today. It's easily the best 1/6 suit I've seen. Sorry for the crappy pics, something is wrong with my camera and these were the only half way focused pictures out of the bunch. The tailoring is top notch. I'll take better pics when I buy a new camera next week.

1zlpwg9.jpg

11lkfn6.jpg

e9gcw9.jpg

Now this is AWESOME...........Thanks for posting these pics...........:D

Finally got my HT Batman! It arrived at the store a couple of days back but I didn't have time to go pick it up.

Here are some quick pics taken with my iPhone, hence the picture quality. Plus, it was evening here and the sun was setting.....

Batman02.jpg

Batman03.jpg

Batman-Unmasked.jpg

Batman-Closeup.jpg

The place pre-ordered my TDK stuff didn't have any suits so I had to borrow from the HT 2-in-1 Supes/Clark Kent suit. Clark and Bruce are such buddies, I'm sure Clark doesn't mind :p

BruceWayneSuit01.jpg

BruceWayneSuit02.jpg

Wanted to see how a casual look would be, used a black t-shirt that's from a VERY HOT Navy SEAL CQB set.

BruceWayneTee02.jpg

BruceWayneTee01.jpg

BruceWayneTee-Closeup.jpg

More pics and comparison with the TAKARA Batman next.....

Last edited:
First off, I must say that this is a fantastic looking figure. The Batman figure is great, the Bale likeness is great.

But I do have a few observations about the figure:

- The TAKARA is slightly taller than the Hot Toys version as seen in the pics below

- Love the new Hot Toys headsculpt. The old one was horrible, that's why I went for TAKARA as it was the best one at that time and the TAKARA Bale sculpt was pretty good for its time. Hot Toys wins hands down this time.

The Batman facesculpt has lines, which adds character to it. The TAKARA one now looks like its as smooth as a baby's bottom :p

- Someone mentioned he was top heavy. He is, I think I might have to use the stand as the ankles seem to be a little loose. Either that or I don't have them plugged in properly. I didn't realize that his boots were removable, thought they were like the TAKARA ie. foot/ankle sealed inside the boots

- I thought there was an error with my belt because there's a cylinder thinggie just next to the Batarang holders. Because of that, the Batarang can't be held in place properly as the cylinder is in the way. But I just checked the photos and the cylinder IS there in the pics

I think the problem is that the HT Batarangs are a little too big, therefore the cylinder on the utility belt gets in the way. If the Batarangs were slightly smaller like the TAKARA ones, I think there wouldn't be a problem

- Found that the Hot Toys gauntlets are a little loose. Maybe it was intentionally done

- I've always thought that the Hot Toys hands didn't look natural. It seemed that way when I was posing it for some quick shots with the TAKARA. It just didn't seem right. Don't know if anyone remembers the V1 Begins, with the "karate chop action" hand. It was just straight and flat, just didn't look right.

In this case, the fists he comes with just doesn't look as natural as the TAKARA ones

- I think Hot Toys have changed the cape. It's still dual layered (or 1 piece folded and stitched to make it thicker). If I remember correctly, the V1 had some sort of satin/silk lining. I could be wrong though

But as I mentioned, fantastic and I love it. I think its better than the TAKARA version that I have. Here's some pics:

HTandTAK01.jpg

HTandTAK03.jpg

HTandTAKCloseup.jpg

BruceWayneandBatman03.jpg

BruceWayneandBatman02.jpg

A guy who dresses up like a bat clearly has issues :p

The owner of the store said that The Joker should arrive next week! Can't wait!

Last edited:
In person the Bale likeness is there, but the face is too full and the eyes are too far apart.

If they kept the cheeks the same, but made it skinnier and brought the eyes closer together it'd be spot on.

Yeah that and they missed on eye brow hair number 1167.

I am gonna hate waiting for for the new suit and I think If I order this one it might make time go by a little faster.:D

Back