Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me how to remove the cape/cape clips on this figure? Ive never done anything like this before and i would really like to not damage the suit or figure at all. A video would be best but i havnt been able to find one on it. thanks

you can't remove the cape without breaking the pegs. you just.. pull the tab up until you break it off.

most people were okay with that.

then you use a bit of tape to stick the clips to his cowl and put a new cape between the neck.

no other way really, the cape and tab placement are really bad stock.

you can't remove the cape without breaking the pegs. you just.. pull the tab up until you break it off.

most people were okay with that.

then you use a bit of tape to stick the clips to his cowl and put a new cape between the neck.

no other way really, the cape and tab placement are really bad stock.

thank you. by pulling out the pegs do you mean i grab the clips and just pull until the peg inside breaks? and do i pull straight out from the body or at any kind of angle?

thank you. by pulling out the pegs do you mean i grab the clips and just pull until the peg inside breaks? and do i pull straight out from the body or at any kind of angle?

Pull straight forward. If you are lucky, the whole clip will come out, including the fragile peg. If not, the clip will actually snap away from the peg which will then be left behind in the suit.

Pull straight forward. If you are lucky, the whole clip will come out, including the fragile peg. If not, the clip will actually snap away from the peg which will then be left behind in the suit.

ok great thanks. will there be 2 holes in the suit where the peg went through after i remove them?

That's more than likely a con. You must be pretty confident of ebay getting your money back to you if you'll order first and ask questions later :lol

That's more than likely a con. You must be pretty confident of ebay getting your money back to you if you'll order first and ask questions later :lol

Welp. And this is what happens when I go on Ebay without sleep hahahah :lol . Lesson learned.

Just to clarify, how does Ebay/ Paypal handle refunds (if at all) for future reference?

Does anyone know a good way to clean the suit, without damaging it? I seem to have somehow gotten lint all over it. Any tips are appreciated, thanks!

Just checked my figure which I kept in the box for years now. It's amazing the rubber suit is a survivor. It looks a little faded but no tears or anything.

10 years old and still love this figure!!! Can't wait for the 1/4 to arrive!!! :)

IMG_E3239 (1).jpg

This is a figure i've long wanted...and i finally have one:) Despite the age it still looks great...and with a few mods/tweaks can look even better.

I did have the first HT TDK suit version and remember how poorly those first bodies were made as both the knee joints broke....this version was no different so i had to fix and replace both the knee joints....and one of the shoulder joints.

I also varnished the gauntlets and boots....made a new velvet cape and modified the clips...

...my favourite Batman suit in 1/6:)
View attachment 431795View attachment 431797View attachment 431794View attachment 431793View attachment 431796View attachment 431799View attachment 431798

wow, that batman figure could well pass off as a year 2018 figure! craftsmanship is excellent.

the only thing that would give it away as an older figure is the paint app on the mouth plates.

sure am glad HT came into and made progress in the collectibles market. for the price of asking, nobody produces a figure of such quality and accuracy as they do.

till today, i am still amazed how some of my friends could point out that it was ben affleck under the cowl of my bvs armored batman, when the only "affleck" part they could infer from is his mouth :lol

Finally got around to taking a pic. I did the mod to move the cape clasps. Have a custom cape on the way from unreal Customs.
The Aerospace 303 stuff works a wonder on this as well.

Also, a movie still I used as reference for placement of clasps.

Attachments

• IMG_3977.jpg
    IMG_3977.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 114
  • batman-begins-christian-bale-1554115577.jpg
    batman-begins-christian-bale-1554115577.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 115
Back