Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bah, I thought I'd finally have one of these, was the high bidder all week, but got sniped at the last minute (damn cowards). :(

that head would also be a great replacement for the bb takara figure as well since the takara head is really small...please make this available!

Indeed.

And if it's too wide for the Takara, I hope to inherit a HT head from someone who gets Adams head. :monkey3

Bah, I thought I'd finally have one of these, was the high bidder all week, but got sniped at the last minute (damn cowards). :(

Same thing happend to me, i was the highest bidder for the hot toys robocop figure, and at the last second i got sniped:(

ugh. I hate ebay snipers! :mad:

Same thing happend to me, i was the highest bidder for the hot toys robocop figure, and at the last second i got sniped:(

Maybe you guys should, I don't know, SNIPE?

You hate people that bid at the last few seconds and I hate people that bid days before. It's unnecessary and makes the price go up. It creates demand, and as a buyer/bidder who wants competition? Some people think that by obnoxiously bidding days before that they're "claiming" the item they want, well that's a foolish notion.

You should have a max bid in mind, the most you're willing to spend on the item. Then you should bid as close to the end of the auction as you possibly can.

Maybe you guys should, I don't know, SNIPE?

You hate people that bid at the last few seconds and I hate people that bid days before. It's unnecessary and makes the price go up. It creates demand, and as a buyer/bidder who wants competition? Some people think that by obnoxiously bidding days before that they're "claiming" the item they want, well that's a foolish notion.

You should have a max bid in mind, the most you're willing to spend on the item. Then you should bid as close to the end of the auction as you possibly can.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sniper - and proud of it. It's the only way to control your spending on ebay.

Don't you guys ever have a sentimental attachment to the collectibles you own or is it always just about striving for accuracy? Yeah, adams head is really, really nice but you're that quick to write off the OC head as obsolete crap? If his head is available, why not just keep both or just hold onto to the OC head?

Yeah, there's money to be had with the OC head but I don't know, that's a shame to see a total reversal in something that was once loved and considered a "must have".

Don't you guys ever have a sentimental attachment to the collectibles you own or is it always just about striving for accuracy? Yeah, adams head is really, really nice but you're that quick to write off the OC head as obsolete crap? If his head is available, why not just keep both or just hold onto to the OC head?

Yeah, there's money to be had with the OC head but I don't know, that's a shame to see a total reversal in something that was once loved and considered a "must have".

I'd keep both if I could, but selling the older, less accurate one, would at least raise some of the money to finance the new one

I don't have either head, but I've always thought the HT was screwed up from the beginning, so if I ever get it due to buying a OC Bats, it wouldn't bother me to sell it. Idk though.

I'd keep both if I could, but selling the older, less accurate one, would at least raise some of the money to finance the new one

That's true, I've never thought of that or looked at it from that perspective before. I always figured, being in the collectible hobby/market (expensive, high-end collectibles) that we're in, that most of us had plenty of dough to spend.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sniper - and proud of it. It's the only way to control your spending on ebay.

I don't understand people who get 'sniped'. Happens to my gf a bit. I always ask her the same thing, "Did you bid the most you were prepared to pay?"

You lose an item because someone else was prepared to pay more for it, plain and simple. Being sniped because your last bid was not really your maximum bid is something that should only happen to people once. Good luck on picking one of these guys up Merc, I hope your next bid is a winning one :)

Back