Hot Toys 1/6th - Eternals - Thena

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. This reminds of the Thor Age of Ultron hair. I would never suggest Thor should have rooted hair but because they put it across the front it really restricts how you can pose it. You can’t even lift his head up because it looks like he has way too much gel in his hair.
Agree.
It's restricting the head movements and reducing the realism effect.
That's why most of the amazing custom works use rooted hair when it comes to long hair, even the best custom Ledger Joker, whose hair is not that long, are mostly rooted. Realism is the goal. Sculpted hair might works on smaller scales, but for long hair in 1/6, rooted hair is the closest to realism.. again, if done right like Gamora.

Hot toys can do good hair rooting nowadays, as seen in Gamora, and they are being lazy here, unfortunately.

Agree.
It's restricting the head movements and reducing the realism effect.
That's why most of the amazing custom works use rooted hair when it comes to long hair, even the best custom Ledger Joker, whose hair is not that long, are mostly rooted. Realism is the goal. Sculpted hair might works on smaller scales, but for long hair in 1/6, rooted hair is the closest to realism.. again, if done right like Gamora.

Hot toys can do good hair rooting nowadays, as seen in Gamora, and they are being lazy here, unfortunately.
Gamora looks like crap. I stayed out of that thread because I try not to be in the thread of a figure bashing it endlessly when the people who have or like the figure would have to read my comments but that the hair looks like the typical mediocre doll hair. I don't know why you would try to hold that up like the gold standard. It looks like she is wearing a ill-fitting wig. Whenever hot toys make the next Gamora it will be sculpted hair and will look much better.

Gamora looks like crap. I stayed out of that thread because I try not to be in the thread of a figure bashing it endlessly when the people who have or like the figure would have to read my comments
I have to do that with Endgame Cap....and the ''Big Chap'' Alien thread whenever it gets bumped.

Not sure I agree about Gamora though.

I have to do that with Endgame Cap....and the ''Big Chap'' Alien thread whenever it gets bumped.

Not sure I agree about Gamora though.
I also disagree about his opinion about Gamora, many reviews and posts praised that piece, and we can see it ourself how good the figure is. I have her in hand, and I have to say HT did a wonderful work on the rooted hair and face sculpt. I hope the same goes with the upcoming WW gold armor.
But it's useless to respond to him about that anyway, I wouldn't bother, so I just put him on my ignore list.

Back to Thena, I will skip this due to the sculpted hair, but I like the face, I think it's good enough. :)

Last edited:
I also agree. I would rather have the rooted hair any day for long hair characters over molded. I think the sculpted hair works fine for the short bob length or pixie cut styles. However long hair characters like Gamora, Wanda, Thena etc should have been the rooted hair. I think the rooted hair allows for much better range of articulation. Plus I think it makes the figures look even more realistic. Sure we might see some fly aways with hair. But what human hair doesn't?
IMG_5448.jpeg

Anyone know where I can get a Richard Madden and Gemma Chan sculpt? I'll try to build my own Eternals figures.

I like that she will stand out in a mcu collection. She has a Color of costume that is so much different than the rest of the others.

I thought they would've announced him this week with the film hitting Disney Plus but nothing was announced at all.

They won't make any of the others. The response to Thena's HT has been tepid at best.

Watched the film and really liked it. A figure of Ikaris would be a nice surprise but I'm not expecting anything.

I bet HT prototyped most of them and canned them after the film got such a poor reception. The film was meant to be released in November 2020, no way they just developed Thena for an MCU ensemble movie.

Watched the film and really liked it. A figure of Ikaris would be a nice surprise but I'm not expecting anything.

I bet HT prototyped most of them and canned them after the film got such a poor reception. The film was meant to be released in November 2020, no way they just developed Thena for an MCU ensemble movie.
He will be in future movies so 🤷 they might as well.

Uhh...did you watch the entire movie? Ikaris ain't coming back...
They all are coming back??? Even the dead characters. You missed the part on how eternals are made???

Attachments

• 20220115_210035.jpg
    20220115_210035.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Back