1/6 Hot Toys - Eternals - Gilgamesh Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would accept $225.

Well anyway, is anyone doubting this is going on clearance? It has a great sculpt but unless you are planning to get Thena too, it doesn't make much sense. Then besides that, the rest of the line (As in, the most popular characters of the movie) are still missing.

I would get Ikaris and Sersi. After that, Thena and maybe Kingo. Then Gilgamesh after I've already committed to the others.
Ppl like what they like. Doesn't need to make sense to anyone else. I'm getting Gil because I thought he was great. Likable, powerful, and funny. Don't care for thena at all. I find this "why get this figure if you're not getting the other" mindset ridiculous.

I would accept $225.

Well anyway, is anyone doubting this is going on clearance? It has a great sculpt but unless you are planning to get Thena too, it doesn't make much sense. Then besides that, the rest of the line (As in, the most popular characters of the movie) are still missing.

I would get Ikaris and Sersi. After that, Thena and maybe Kingo. Then Gilgamesh after I've already committed to the others.
I give it a 90% chance that you see this and Jolie during those 20% off sales Sideshow has every year.

Then again Hot Toys might just do what they did with other not as popular figures like Pennywise and just make a small batch.

Ppl like what they like. Doesn't need to make sense to anyone else. I'm getting Gil because I thought he was great. Likable, powerful, and funny. Don't care for thena at all. I find this "why get this figure if you're not getting the other" mindset ridiculous.

There’s a real “i dont like it therefore how could anyone else!!???” mentality with collectors here. It’s weird, oh well lol.

I think because people are horrible and started harassing the artists on social media when they weren't happy with the prototypes, Hot Toys stopped listing them. But J.C. Hong and the artists will still tag each other on Instagram when sharing sculpts. This sculpt appears to have been done by Taeho Kang, who appears to have also sculpted Fennec Shand, the Endgame Don Cheadle sculpt, Wenwu, and Falcon Cap - all phenomenal sculpts. Login • Instagram
Ahh, I was wondering why they were doing that. They stopped doing it around the time they were announcing figures like Luke X-Wing and Jango, they do have their credits.

I think because people are horrible and started harassing the artists on social media when they weren't happy with the prototypes, Hot Toys stopped listing them. But J.C. Hong and the artists will still tag each other on Instagram when sharing sculpts. This sculpt appears to have been done by Taeho Kang, who appears to have also sculpted Fennec Shand, the Endgame Don Cheadle sculpt, Wenwu, and Falcon Cap - all phenomenal sculpts. Login • Instagram

And I hate to belabor the point, but Shang-Chi went up for pre-order only Six months ago for $20 less and way more stuff.

View attachment 567187View attachment 567188

If Gilgamesh has nothing else to include, then he ought to be a $225 figure.
Ah I see, that’s sad but I guess it makes sense in a messed up way. And you’re so right with the Shang chi comparison. The price difference..! Wonder if this difference is just sideshow or Hong Kong prices as well

Ah I see, that’s sad but I guess it makes sense in a messed up way. And you’re so right with the Shang chi comparison. The price difference..! Wonder if this difference is just sideshow or Hong Kong prices as well
Not sure the actual Hong Kong prices, but Toyswonderland has Shang-Chi priced $6 higher than Gilgamesh, while ToysBuyingAgent has Gilgamesh priced $11.50 higher than Shang-Chi 🤷🏼‍♂️

Figure looks fantastic. I'm on the fence with this line. The movie was okay, but not great. And I'm not sure if HT will go any deeper into the lineup. Gilgamesh wasn't really high on my list, which after Thena had been Ikaris, Sersi, Makkari, Kingo, Ajak, then Gilgamesh, Phastos, Druig and finally Sprite. I also would have preferred rooted hair for Thena. I'll wait to see if they make any more announcements before deciding.

This is another classic Shuri situation for me where I laughed at the announcement, but ended up buying it when I realized how great of a figure it was. This one is really no different. The head sculpt is superb! The character on the other hand...

275872270_4956679024400666_2592929478167198462_n.jpg

The figure looks incredible. It is the price that is hard to accept. I feel like soon they are gonna want $300 for the bare minimum non deluxe figures. Both him and Thena are the same price. Doesn't add up for price.

270926245_4698518090216762_2619615856694369034_n.jpg

This looks fantastic. HT will have years of nagging the more Eternals they make.

Make Sprite. Make Druig the completionists will say!

I mean Shang-Chi pants are very plain and basic compared to Gilgamesh outfit.
Actually, I think the price for Gilgamesh really went into the R&D of the costume rather than the accessories. If you look at the costume up close, there are a lot of textures and materials at play.

Last edited:
Actually, I think the price for this figure really went into the R&D of the figure rather than the accessories. If you look at the costume up close, there are a lot of textures and materials at play.

The top has detail yes. But I was referring to only the black pants. Not the red scale jacket.

This is another classic Shuri situation for me where I laughed at the announcement, but ended up buying it when I realized how great of a figure it was. This one is really no different. The head sculpt is superb! The character on the other hand...

It really is shockingly well done. Hope some third party manages to clone that head sculpt to a decent degree so we can make Dom figures from OTHER movies because this one didn't do it for me at all. However! so far, cannot find fault in the figures themselves.

Totally agree with your "character on the other hand" line, I was so hyped for him to be part of the MCU going forward... but nope! aaargh.

Back