Hot Toys 1/6th - Eternals - Thena

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No third party company is doing more figures from this movie lol This is a figure that's gonna be on discount on Sideshow after it releases.

Huge shelf warmer.

I know that's just one comparison photo in which Jolie is kinda looking downwards but I do think a better likeness would be achieved if they had made her upper eyelids more visible.
I agree. The eyelids for sure need to be more pronounced on the face. Lighter eyeshadow as well.

I for one think the HS is spot on. However, I don't understand that weird butt armor. It looks weird, it can't be comfortable, and what value does it add? I mean, is Thena's ass the equivalent of an Achilles Heal? Or maybe Eternals have Stegosaurus brains. Or maybe it is a decision to avoid Whedon-esque close ups. I dunno. I'm sure articulated butt armor will be all the rage moving forward.

I feel this will be the next Hot Toys Angelica Pirates Of The Caribbean figure. :lol

Surprised to see this. What a waste when they do only one figure from a line. I wonder if it's because they paid for the license and maybe need to make at least 1 figure? Maybe the Angelina Jolie fans will help?

Either they make a very small run (smallest they can), or it will sit forever and eventually be given away like poor old Penelope.

Agreed. Makes me wish they had started doing that sooner, would have loved sculpted hair on the GOTG2 Gamora. Otherwise, it's a perfect figure.
I wish they started doing it earlier also. I think of all the black Widow figures i had to pass on.

Beautiful figure! Based on the post the movie was bad?? The only mcu film I haven't seen this year. Black widow ,spiderman and shang chi all had multiple figures. This will be no different!

That's a dude :oops:
1640730753968.png

Body looks way to muscular. Doesn't seem to have the right proportions.

It looks like the same body being used for the Selina Kyle TDKR re-issue. Both have very prominent thigh muscles

I think this line will definitely attract third party attention. They made crossbones, Heimdall, etc. but they won't touch Ikaris or Sersi? Basic human bodies and all they need is the sculpt? I think they're just going to wait and see if HT touches them for a while.

I mean it's clear who they're aiming for - and that alone means it has a 'likeness' for many people - but it does lack something pushing it all the way to the top. Again I think it's the eyes/eyelids.

Hot Toys likes to have eyes looking slightly up combined with a slightly bowed head pose - and our upper eyelids tend to disappear with this combination - but without the upper eyelids visible it seems to have less of a resemblance to Jolie specifically and gives it more of a 'generic attractive woman' appearance

Body looks way to muscular. Doesn't seem to have the right proportions.
In the old days hot toys would make improvements before production but those days are gone. Whatever we see in the preview figure is what we will get. I am still getting this though.

Back